I changed my GamerTag way back, but the old one reflects in Minecraft: Windows 10/11 Edition

Discus and support I changed my GamerTag way back, but the old one reflects in Minecraft: Windows 10/11 Edition in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i was wondering if i could change it again, this time to something entirely different, for free as i used up the free GT change... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PhotonPlays, Mar 11, 2023.

1. PhotonPlays
    PhotonPlays Guest

I changed my GamerTag way back, but the old one reflects in Minecraft: Windows 10/11 Edition

i was wondering if i could change it again, this time to something entirely different, for free as i used up the free GT change

:)

PhotonPlays, Mar 11, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello PhotonPlays, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your gamertag.

My apologies but all gamertag changes beyond the first one available have a charge.
  3. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Changing Microsoft Account alias broke Minecraft authentication?

4. ArminatorX Win User

xbox play anywhere on minecraft

I own minecraft "windows 10 edition" on xbox one but isn't availabile on windows 10....
    There is no "Windows 10 Edition" on the Xbox One.

On the Xbox One, there was a "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" but that has been replaced with just "Minecraft".

As the others already said, "Minecraft" is not a Play Anywhere title, so owning "Minecraft" on the Xbox One, doesn't give you "Minecraft Windows 10 Edition" on the PC.

However, if you own Minecraft Java Edition on PC, you can log into your Mojang Account on PC, and can get a code for the Windows 10 Version.
  5. XIPARKYXI Win User

Minecraft version windows10 how to change to java edition

Hi,

I mistakenly purchased for my child the minecraft's windows 10 version and I would to know if its possible to change to Minecraft's Java edition version.

thanks very much for helping me.
    Windows 10 minecraft and java edition are both two different types of Editions unfortunately you would have to buy the java edition on the minecraft website.
  6. IanWalker6 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 edition

I am trying to redeem a Minecraft windows 10 edition key from the Mojang website.

This is the prompt I am trying to redeem from:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minecraft for Windows 10

You bought Minecraft: Java Edition during a period of time when Minecraft for Windows 10 was included for free. Claim your redeemable gift code by clicking the button below and follow the instructions. As you
    might have guessed, Minecraft for Windows 10 can only be played on Windows 10.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It allows for users who have purchased the java edition of the game to then redeem a code for the windows 10 edition of the game.

This is the error message that pops up:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error! It looks like we've temporarily run out of gift codes for Minecraft for Windows 10. Don't worry though, more codes should be on their way. Please check back later!

Thanks for any help!
Thema:

1. I changed my GamerTag way back, but the old one reflects in Minecraft: Windows 10/11 Edition - Similar Threads - changed GamerTag old

2. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  3. I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...: I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag and my new one under it. Anyone know why? 0a23cf37-917f-487e-891f-dc412c572639
  4. I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...: So years ago I got sick of my dumb pirate themed gamertag so I paid $9 to change it to a normal name because I have no imagination. I went to my Xbox profile on Xbox.com, clicked "customize", and...
  5. I changed my gamertag over 24 hours ago and my old one is still there while my new one is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag over 24 hours ago and my old one is still there while my new one is...: I bought the change twice and no real changes have been made and it's really starting to get frustrating because I refuse to spend just over 29 dollars on something won't actually change...
  6. My little sibling changed my gamertag without my permission. I want my old gamertag back...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My little sibling changed my gamertag without my permission. I want my old gamertag back...: My old gamertag meant a lot to me and my sibling changed it without my permission. My old gamertag was 15 characters long and I don't have any money. Is there any possible way to fix this? I want...
  7. I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on: I'm trying to have all my saved games that are saved onto the new account so I can continue playing 101201a2-98e0-4124-a2a7-d65698c4ade7
  8. I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag....: My old gamertag shows but then below it is my new, changed one. I only want the current one to show. 32c59678-ab98-4076-87e4-66e041ea13ed
  9. My Gamertag didn't change after paying to change it (still shows my old one on top of my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamertag didn't change after paying to change it (still shows my old one on top of my...: So I just paid to have my gamer tag changed but instead I got what seems like two different gamer tags on top of each other with my old one being on top and the new below. I want to get rid of the...
  10. Why can't I change my gamertag back to my old one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my gamertag back to my old one: I changed my gamertag a little bit ago but I regret doing so and would like to change it back to my old one. When I try to change it I get a message saying it's not allowed, I'm not sure why...