I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why?

Discus and support I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was planning on making a new account and when I changed my Gamertag, my old name was immediately taken and placed on an account with 0 gamerscore.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ricky ㅤ ᵕ̈, Jan 27, 2023.

1. I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why?

I was planning on making a new account and when I changed my Gamertag, my old name was immediately taken and placed on an account with 0 gamerscore. This is the second time it has happened with one of my Gamertags. Is there any way to resolve this and get my name back?

:)

ricky ㅤ ᵕ̈, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I apologize but once we change our Gamertag into something else it will be available for everyone. You can still change your Gamertag to your previous one but there will be a suffix.

According to Xbox support: "If multiple people have the same gamertag, the suffix distinguishes them from one another. You can always check your friends' suffix by viewing their profile."

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  3. 98060189-bdd0-49ac-a Win User

This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.

But the gamertag that I want to change is my old gamertag. I change my old gamertag on 2 August 2020. I used that old gamertag when I create my Xbox account. At that time, the system allow me to use that gamertag. But when I want to change it back, the system don't allow me to use it. Why is this like that?
  4. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Creating xbo account

5. Minikan Win User

When I changed my gamertag my ea that was says it is still linked to my old gamertag.

I just changed my gamertag and the EA account says I still have it linked to my old gamertag. I haven't changed my Microsoft account at all only my gamertag. I can't get it back since to change your gamertag it has to be under 12 characters and my old gamertag is 14 characters.
  6. SteelyPenny1053 Win User

Account Doesn't Exists?

kinda same issue here.

so two years ago i deleted my ms account now two years late got a xbox one and created a new account but now i want my old gamertag back so thinking my old account had been deleted i tried to change my gamertag to my old gamertag but got a message that
    "that gamertag has already been taken" then i searched about that gamertag and found out that my old account hadnt been deleted yet and then when i tried to log in to my old account it said " there is no account by that email address". so i guess that old
    ms account got deleted but not the xbl account as i can still see my old gamertag,acchivement,account description and all.so is there any way to recover that old xbl account or the gamertag now by deleting that old xbl account so that gamertag be available
    to put in my new account?

im searching for a solution too.let me know if u find one.
Thema:

1. I changed my Gamertag and then my old Gamertag was put on a random 0 achievement account. Why? - Similar Threads - changed Gamertag old

2. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  3. I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...: I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag and my new one under it. Anyone know why? 0a23cf37-917f-487e-891f-dc412c572639
  4. I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...: So years ago I got sick of my dumb pirate themed gamertag so I paid $9 to change it to a normal name because I have no imagination. I went to my Xbox profile on Xbox.com, clicked "customize", and...
  5. I changed my gamertag over 24 hours ago and my old one is still there while my new one is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag over 24 hours ago and my old one is still there while my new one is...: I bought the change twice and no real changes have been made and it's really starting to get frustrating because I refuse to spend just over 29 dollars on something won't actually change...
  6. My little sibling changed my gamertag without my permission. I want my old gamertag back...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My little sibling changed my gamertag without my permission. I want my old gamertag back...: My old gamertag meant a lot to me and my sibling changed it without my permission. My old gamertag was 15 characters long and I don't have any money. Is there any possible way to fix this? I want...
  7. I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on: I'm trying to have all my saved games that are saved onto the new account so I can continue playing 101201a2-98e0-4124-a2a7-d65698c4ade7
  8. I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag....: My old gamertag shows but then below it is my new, changed one. I only want the current one to show. 32c59678-ab98-4076-87e4-66e041ea13ed
  9. My Gamertag didn't change after paying to change it (still shows my old one on top of my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamertag didn't change after paying to change it (still shows my old one on top of my...: So I just paid to have my gamer tag changed but instead I got what seems like two different gamer tags on top of each other with my old one being on top and the new below. I want to get rid of the...
  10. Why can't I change my gamertag back to my old one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my gamertag back to my old one: I changed my gamertag a little bit ago but I regret doing so and would like to change it back to my old one. When I try to change it I get a message saying it's not allowed, I'm not sure why...