I changed my gamertag and it updates so everyone else sees it but me? How do I get it to...

Discus and support I changed my gamertag and it updates so everyone else sees it but me? How do I get it to... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; N/A…I honestly don’t know what to put here 0727117f-d6b9-462c-a0fe-72a499a893df Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Memphis Cantara, May 29, 2023.

1. I changed my gamertag and it updates so everyone else sees it but me? How do I get it to...

N/A…I honestly don’t know what to put here

:)

Memphis Cantara, May 29, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

I changed my gamertag and it updates so everyone else sees it but me? How do I get it to where I can see it?

Hi Memphis! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Try deleting your account´s cache. This helps with most gt updates

Delete account Cache

Remove Account:
    1. Press the Xbox button.
    2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
    3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then Remove.
    4. Close.

Power Cycle:
    1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

2. Wait for 5 minutes and then turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

Add Account:
    1. Press the Xbox button.
    2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.
    3. Enter the Email Address and the Password.
    4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.
    5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console again.

After that, check your GT
  3. Vertigo057 Win User

Gamertag change - wording misleading - " will be available to others"

This is misleading - if I change my gamertag, it never becomes available for others. A variation of it, perhaps, but not that gamertag.

Suggest that a) the message is made more clear and

b) gamertags can be recycled.

Else everyone will end up as "john 292374937592749"
    I've never changed my gamertag with the new system, but I can see how that is confusing.
  4. Cutie-[xboxvenue] Win User

why was my gamertag force changed?

and how do i get in contact with them so that they could tell me why my gamertag was forced changed?
  5. SlowCalf5414357 Win User

My Gamertag got changed..

Iv had the same gamertag for ages. and then you randomly change it. so everyone liked my gamertag and one person disagrees you change it. and then expect me to pay money.. i should get a free change!.
  6. Charles Lehman Win User

Where is my old gamertag I was promised back? It has been 7 months!

I see someone else had the same problem as me named NegaRamy. I am confused. Does this mean I get my old gamertag back or not? Also if I do how do I reclaim it?
Thema:

I changed my gamertag and it updates so everyone else sees it but me? How do I get it to...

1. I changed my gamertag and it updates so everyone else sees it but me? How do I get it to... - Similar Threads - changed gamertag updates

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  4. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  5. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  6. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  7. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  8. How many gamertag changes can I make?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many gamertag changes can I make?: I would like to change my Xbox gamertag but I am not sure if I can change it again. 7c16deb0-5799-4429-b762-5dd1d127dccb
  9. Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated

in XBoX Accessibility
    Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated: Gamertag still hasn't updated almost a day later 800a9ee0-03fe-421e-868b-01f92c7b2f43
  10. Gamertag change not updating on android app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag change not updating on android app: Hi. I've just set up a series x today and signed in on my old 360 account. I've changed my gamertag on my console but the app still shows my original tag. When I sign out and resign in it shows my...