I changed my gamer tag on January 8th it has changed in my profile but not when I’m in game

Discus and support I changed my gamer tag on January 8th it has changed in my profile but not when I’m in game in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I changed my gamer tag on the 8th of January it has changed in my profile but not in game c3a0da3d-b09d-4ea4-8bfb-ec808f9d50f1 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by robingibbons2, Jan 12, 2023.

1. I changed my gamer tag on January 8th it has changed in my profile but not when I’m in game

I changed my gamer tag on the 8th of January it has changed in my profile but not in game

:)

robingibbons2, Jan 12, 2023
  2. Anthony Reed1 Win User

I changed my gamer tag on January 8th it has changed in my profile but not when I’m in game

How do i uninstall. Games modern warfare 2
  3. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

If your gamer tag has been changed on your profile but not in-game, it is likely that the change has not yet been propagated throughout the Xbox Live system. This process can take some time, and it is possible that it may not be fully updated in-game until the next time you sign in or start a new game.

If the new gamer tag is not updated in the game after some time, you can try restarting your Xbox, or uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If the problem persists, you can contact Xbox support for further assistance.
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Why can’t I make a gamer tag without a hashtag even though the name isn’t taken?

So yesterday I tried to make a new gamer tag and it showed that there were no hashtags and when I purchased it it only changed my game gamer tag not the main one. I’m frustrated because I thought that it would change the main gamer tag that everyone else sees but it didn’t. I’ve checked and no one else has the gamer tag that I’m trying to create, and whenever I try to do it, it always add a hashtag after, is there anything I can do to remove the hashtag?
    If it has a hashtag then its definitely taken.

Keep in mine the system doesnt recognize spaces as making a gamertag unique so gamertag and gamer tag for example would both be considered the same gamertag.

If you search up the gamertag you want it won't show up in the results unless you type it in exactly as the person has it.
  5. RareGhostEpic Win User

My free gamertag change is used up?

i have the question why has my free gamer tag change has disapeared when i never changed my name
  6. Sojutsu Win User

Custom profile picture

It has been a few days. I changed my gamer tag a few days ago and that’s when I started having the problem. I’ve been trying to change my profile picture on the app for like 2-3 days now.
Thema:

1. I changed my gamer tag on January 8th it has changed in my profile but not when I’m in game - Similar Threads - changed gamer tag

2. gamer tag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamer tag change: Hi all. I singed in my xbox account on one of the kids ipad to download a purchased item on Minecraft PE. Somehow they managed to change my gamertag from one I have had for 15+ years completely...
  3. Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag: the only benefit I see is greed by a big corporation absolutely scandalous there is no reason for this charge you should be allowed to change it once a year for free...
  4. Change Gamer Tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Gamer Tag: I changed my gamer tag, and it shows in the upper left corner when I sign in, but when it displays my character in a game it still has the computer generated name showing. How do I change that?...
  5. Changing gamer tag using Xbox gift card or Microsoft points

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing gamer tag using Xbox gift card or Microsoft points: Recently I changed my gamer tag by mistake and waters my free chance, rn I figured that maybe a Xbox gift card could Help but I see no option 1d4eff62-2cd8-480f-a97b-5ebf16796699
  6. I changed my Xbox gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my Xbox gamer tag: I changed my Xbox gamer tag because it wouldn't display on bedrock. It turns out that wasn't even the issue so now I'm stuck with the suffix. They did not tell me ahead of time that it was a one...
  7. My Microsoft account was compromised and now my gamer tag has changed, how can I get back...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account was compromised and now my gamer tag has changed, how can I get back...: My gamer tag has changed and don't know when, but I'm assuming recently when my Microsoft account was compromised. I've had that gamer tag ever since I first made my account when the Xbox first...
  8. I bought a gamer tag change and it didn’t change is this a glitch if not I want my money back

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a gamer tag change and it didn’t change is this a glitch if not I want my money back: I bought a gamertag change to change my classic gamertag but after I Bought it it didn’t change and it still charged me. I wanted to put my gamertag to “FishyyABC123” from “LifeLess98” but when I...
  9. I was hacked and my gamer tag was changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was hacked and my gamer tag was changed: My Microsoft account was hacked and the gamer tag was changed. I wanted to change it back but I have to pay to change it back. 5c67f441-2026-4281-ac35-671f3b38db96
  10. I changed my gamer tag and all of my saved games are gone. I can't access them?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamer tag and all of my saved games are gone. I can't access them?: I don't know what to do I changed my gamer tag and lost everything! 2529da44-1743-4d43-8577-ed279b621a49