I changed my gamer name and paid the 9.99 and the old one still shows in fortnight. I also...

Discus and support I changed my gamer name and paid the 9.99 and the old one still shows in fortnight. I also... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I changed my gamer tag in Xbox and paid as well as in epic. The old tag still shows up in fortnight. What do I do? cc0b4e68-a4a9-4df9-9b0f-f0414fddb3de Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jenny Minnick, Aug 13, 2022.

1. I changed my gamer name and paid the 9.99 and the old one still shows in fortnight. I also...

I changed my gamer tag in Xbox and paid as well as in epic. The old tag still shows up in fortnight. What do I do?

:)

Jenny Minnick, Aug 13, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I changed my gamer name and paid the 9.99 and the old one still shows in fortnight. I also changed it through epic

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Jenny

If you go here and sign in with your account https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/

Then go to account info, are you able to see the old gamertag there?
    If that's the case please try changing it to youd actual gamertag.

If not, sometimes gamertag change can take up to 72 hours to be reflected everywhere
  3. Quenxo Win User

Changing my gamer tag that i paid 9.99 for

I know a player who had his gamertag changed for sounding like a word which isn’t offensive. On the other hand, there is a player (I remember because he is always cheating) who has a swear word in his gamertag which is deemed ok.

There do seem to be different rules for different people.
  4. RadiantPup56696 Win User

So at some point, an Xbox enforcement ______ considers the sm in your tag to stand for S and M, in your opinion its fine for that _____ to assume their very own opinion and change your tag......... That's what this really comes down to right? Some holier
    then thou self righteous politically correct ____. If a conglomerate like Microsoft is going to charge to change your username then its a conflict of interest for them to allow me to pay for something and take it away, but still offer to sell it back to me.
    This demonstrates a consistency with a huge problem in the US, politically correctness. Its situations like this that our competetitors are beating us at (Sony and China).

Look at the context of how I made my tag [Mod Removed] I was implying that its an after thought to win in multiplayer..
  5. Smwutches Win User

No matter whether you paid for your gamertag or not, if your gamertag violates the code of conduct, you are given a forced name change and will have to pay to change it to something else. This is per the code of conduct you agreed to. For an official answer
    as to why it was changed, you would need to go to
    http://enforcement.xbox.com
    but it would be for the second word in your gamertag.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

@ RadiantPup,the four letter word beginning with T in your gamertag is why you received a forced name change.

It is an offensive word.

The rules are global & have nothing to do with U.S. political correctness,they are the same for everyone no matter what country you live in.
Thema:

I changed my gamer name and paid the 9.99 and the old one still shows in fortnight. I also...

1. I changed my gamer name and paid the 9.99 and the old one still shows in fortnight. I also... - Similar Threads - changed gamer name

2. gamer tag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamer tag change: Hi all. I singed in my xbox account on one of the kids ipad to download a purchased item on Minecraft PE. Somehow they managed to change my gamertag from one I have had for 15+ years completely...
  3. Why do I keep getting banned for my gamer pic it it hasn’t even changed. I just got a 3...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I keep getting banned for my gamer pic it it hasn’t even changed. I just got a 3...: So I was trying to change my gamer pic but I would not upload so I tried a few more times then a hour later this e031c70f-2929-4d26-a98f-7d8d6c11e4fb
  4. Can’t change gamer pic even thought account was always an adult.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t change gamer pic even thought account was always an adult.: My account always an adult age, but I still cannot change my gamer pic on my Xbox profile. Is there anyway to fix this? ebb193d6-2f7f-4e47-a550-04b08a8199de
  5. Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do Microsoft charge for changing a gamer tag: the only benefit I see is greed by a big corporation absolutely scandalous there is no reason for this charge you should be allowed to change it once a year for free...
  6. Change Gamer Tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Gamer Tag: I changed my gamer tag, and it shows in the upper left corner when I sign in, but when it displays my character in a game it still has the computer generated name showing. How do I change that?...
  7. Changing gamer tag using Xbox gift card or Microsoft points

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing gamer tag using Xbox gift card or Microsoft points: Recently I changed my gamer tag by mistake and waters my free chance, rn I figured that maybe a Xbox gift card could Help but I see no option 1d4eff62-2cd8-480f-a97b-5ebf16796699
  8. I changed my Xbox gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my Xbox gamer tag: I changed my Xbox gamer tag because it wouldn't display on bedrock. It turns out that wasn't even the issue so now I'm stuck with the suffix. They did not tell me ahead of time that it was a one...
  9. How do I change my PC gamer pic that was created 7/12/12 user name buffyfan97?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my PC gamer pic that was created 7/12/12 user name buffyfan97?: I have an account on the Dragon Age Keep web page. It shows two accounts one for PC and one for XBOX. The picture is showing for my gamer id of Buffyfan97 that I had created back in 2012. How do I...
  10. hi, my name is Olle and i would like to change my xbox microsoft gamer display name. How...

in XBoX Accessibility
    hi, my name is Olle and i would like to change my xbox microsoft gamer display name. How...: hi, my name is Olle and i would like to change my xbox microsoft gamer display name. How can i do this if its possible? 8fb05641-7b5b-4013-a5e9-47c33b1405c3