I can't upload screenshots or game clips to the xbox network.

Discus and support I can't upload screenshots or game clips to the xbox network. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I've had this issue before and there were 3 solutions that are recommended, but none of them worked. 1.Purge/delete some or all the content you've... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by jhermannITJ, Jun 29, 2022.

1. jhermannITJ
    jhermannITJ Guest

I've had this issue before and there were 3 solutions that are recommended, but none of them worked.

1.Purge/delete some or all the content you've previously uploaded... I actually do this regularly but as of Tues. the 14th of Sept. I can no longer delete anything previously uploaded. That being said, if there are data thresholds/limits... no way I'm over them.

2.Delete your profile from your xbox, then re-add your profile... this also didn't correct the issue.

3. Factory Reset... this also did not correct the issue.

I don't and have never had any suspension or comms ban, my reputation is 100% green. I also pay 15 usd a month for GamePass ultimate... part of that is Xbox Live Gold and its social systems. Being able to properly capture, upload, and share clips is integral to that social interactivity of Xbox Live and is part of what I pay a 15usd subscription fee for.

I'm looking for solutions and feedback regarding this issue. How do I correct it? (To be able to upload and share, manage/delete previous content uploaded) How do I prevent this from happening in the future? (Because this isn't the 1st time). Thanks to anyone with insight into these issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

jhermannITJ, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Nunya B Win User

Screenshots will not delete from or upload to the Xbox network.

Same issues. So I tried to delete a clip in the app and it said it was unable to. I deleted it from the network with the Xbox one and it deleted. I also deleted a clip from the console hard drive along with several screenshots and that works with no issues.

Sometimes when viewing clips on the network it shows old clips that I've already deleted, but they aren't veiwable. Switching between everything and game clips in manage captures makes them disappear.

This does not happen when I delete clips or screenshots directly from the Xbox one hard drive.

I checked network settings and it says NAT type: Open and all services available.

Still can't delete or upload screenshots at all, only clips.
  3. jhermannITJ Win User

Hi @XBF Houmaidi O,

I appreciate the response, but that's as far as it goes. The soultions you provided would have been achieved via the factory reset which was the 3rd thing I did. You're talking about clearing the cache... and often impacts the mechanics of captures. So it's a good recommendation had I not already done a factory reset.

So good intentions... but lip service. The issue was on your end or was an intermediary server issue. And so it was resolved requiring no action from me. Why is this a problem? Because... there were no service flags/notifications regarding the issue. So I permanently deleted content that I otherwise wouldn't have... which after the issue was corected is gone forever. Everything I tried to upload, ended up showing up... days later, everything I tried to delete... believing it may have been impacting the issue, did get deleted.

I also deleted and re-added my profile and did a factory reset, so every game and app needs verification now again... which can impact offline play, all my local saves are gone... not to mention the time and stress doing all that, which never corrected the issue.

Which could of been avoided if the proper Service Notification was up. I've seen it before there's a service notification banner for this issue but it wasn't up. That puts a customer behind the 8 ball... no direct after hrs support... so you're forced to troubleshoot yourself, and everything I did... including making this post was unnecessary and waste of my time. Which, again, could have been avoide w the proper service notification. If you want the customer to take agency in their own troubleshooting and support, those notification systems need to work properly. Otherwise, they... in this case me, end up doing a bunch of stuff, wasting a bunch of time... causing stress... when all of that could have been avoided if the proper service notification was up.

And it was a server side/MS issue... and you (the royal "you"... administrators) knew about it. Yet it took until the issue was fixed until I got a response. And the response that was sent literally just said 2 ways to clear my cache... even though a factory reset achieves the same ends and I indicated that was done. So... " lip service". This response is not meant to be provocative or incendiary... but this whole system is useless if this how it operates... speaking to self support.

Here's what I found out independently, this from an independent advisor and other sources. I obviously haven't got any direct information and that's part of the problem. On the 13th or 14th there were massive issues w NSFW uploads making their way on to the Xbox network... as a result, all uploads were temporarily suspended until the issue was resolved. All content that was attempted to be uploaded during that period was queued or held until the issue was resolved. All that makes sense to me because... all the things (mainly the same clip I was using to test the system periodically) ended up showing up later after the issue was fixed. So I ended up uploading the same clip like 10 times, and it is also why I ended up deleting a bunch of stuff that I never intended to.

Are you aware of this information as a moderator? I am unsure. Regardless, it still makes this response I recieved effectively lip service. Now I understand why a company wouldn't admit to such a security breach/ or a breakdown of automated moderation systems and why you would never respond to customer with that information because of liability concerns. I get that. However, there should have been a red rectangle (service notification) for captures and uploads. That would have prevented all of this.

I appreciate the consideration, but ultimately ineffective.

jhermannnITJ

P.S. the issue is fixed, but the support systems need to be better

Edit: I just wanted to add something... the thing that annoys me the most is that every app and game needs to be verified again... there should be something in the settings that can automate the verification/initialization process for everything currently installed... so the user doesn't need to go app by app... game by game re-verifying everything. Just so it's clear... I'm talking about the server check when a game/app is first installed "[Getting your game/app ready....]". There should be a en masse snyc action for said process in settings. I have 100s of games... now I have to go click on and re-verify every single one before I can use them, and they can't be played offline if you don't. I don't really play offline, but we all suffer outages and not being able to play your games isn't great... I could just not do it, but then should I lose service none of my stuff will work offline. That's why a mass verfication option would be great to have. If I had that, it would take alot of the sting out of this issue I had over the last week.
  4. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @jhermannITJ!

May I ask you what happens when you select "Upload this to Xbox Live"?

Also, since you have already removed your account, deleted the previously uploaded clips/screenshots, and factory reset your console, I would suggest attempting the following solutions:

Clear Mac address: Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart.

Clear the local saved games :Settings -> System -> Clear local saved games -> restart.

Try wired connection: Maybe the problem is appearing from your internet connection. If you’re running a wireless connection (Wi-Fi) then make sure to try using a wired network just to make sure there's no issue with your network connection.

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes!

I hope that this helps you out!
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Can't upload game clips or screenshots to the Xbox network

No problem. Have a good one
  6. JoshGasm98 (Josh Gam Win User

Can't upload game clips or screenshots to the Xbox network

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have reported via the 'Report a problem app'. I have described the issue in a huge amount of detail because I couldn't attach a photo. Hopefully it'll be resolved eventually.
Thema:

1. I can't upload screenshots or game clips to the xbox network. - Similar Threads - can't upload screenshots

2. Can't log in to WWE2k Uploader with xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't log in to WWE2k Uploader with xbox account: I'm trying to log in to wwe2k image uploader but it won't let me. a62ad580-cf6b-4608-9845-ce88a267d0c5
  3. I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X: I've been trying to backup my game captures to one drive since they are starting to expire soon and I'm low on space anyway. The issue is when I try to upload any of them, a message comes up on my...
  4. Can't upload custom image to my XBOX profile on my pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't upload custom image to my XBOX profile on my pc: Does anybody know how to upload a custom image to my Xbox profile using a PC? I can only do it using the app on my iPad. But not on the PC, which is total nonsense to me. Or is Microsoft taking...
  5. "Can't Upload check your privacy settings" On xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    "Can't Upload check your privacy settings" On xbox series s: So I have a YouTube Channel and I download my clips to edit it and post it on YouTube or tiktok and I tried to change some settings because it said can't uplaod even though nothing was there...
  6. Can't access uploaded screenshots and game clips on PC.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't access uploaded screenshots and game clips on PC.: Pretty much what the title says. There isn't anyway (that I know of) to access screenshots and game clips on my PC that I have uploaded to the Xbox network using my Xbox. I know I can do this...
  7. I can't upload a custom profile picture on the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't upload a custom profile picture on the Xbox app.: I changed my profile picture to one of the given ones on accident and when I tried to change it back to the one I was originally using it won't go through. I tried this about a month or two ago so...
  8. Can't upload screenshot from Steam game to share

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't upload screenshot from Steam game to share: I took screenshots from a game on Steam with the Windows 10 Game Bar, and I want to upload them to share on Xbox Live with friends. But when I click 'upload' on the xbox app, it says it doesn't...
  9. I can't upload a screenshot to xbox live :/

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't upload a screenshot to xbox live :/: Hello, i want to uploadmy new screenshots from Final Fantasy, but i can't. The security settings are okay. I hope you can help me. d08845d0-d398-44b7-856c-252754876bc1
  10. Can't share screenshot in Upload, do I need Gold?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't share screenshot in Upload, do I need Gold?: Last night I tried to take 3 screenshots in D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die, and when I go in Upload to share them, it gives the error PLEASE TRY AGAIN. They don't appear in the activity feed, do I...