I can't update gaming services

Discus and support I can't update gaming services in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to update gaming services to get Minecraft java to work, but it keeps saying there was an error on its side, not mine. I'm not sure... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jeremy_970, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Jeremy_970
    Jeremy_970 Guest

I have been trying to update gaming services to get Minecraft java to work, but it keeps saying there was an error on its side, not mine. I'm not sure what to do next. I saw someone post that they found something to fix it, but I can't access the link to it, so I'm asking here. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me figure this out.

:)

Jeremy_970, Jan 25, 2023
  2. BelonogovRadmir Win User

Minecraft Launcher Error

It's enough for me to log in to my account again. Also I can't update Game Services, because i'm in Russia😜
  3. CarTzy Win User

I can't uninstall Gaming Services

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having difficulties installing gaming services. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• Xbox app and Gaming services version?
      • Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    • Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Use the system file checker tool:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

Perform Cleanboot

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Re-register Microsoft Store and Xbox App

Open PowerShell and run it as admin

Type the commands below

[table][tr][td]
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *WindowsStore*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command “& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *XboxApp*).InstallLocation + ‘\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}”
    [/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr]
    wsreset.exe
    [/tr][/table]
    Enable Xbox App-Related Services

Open the Run window, type services.msc, and then click OK to access the Services window.

Right-click the Xbox Accessory Management Service and select Start

Do the same to the following services:

• Xbox Live Authentication Manager
    • Record Xbox Live Game
    • Xbox Live Network Service
    Disable or remove the following apps/utilities:

MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server
    EVGA Precision
    OBS
    Xsplit
    MacType
    Warsaw Banking App
    Wallpaper Engine

Once all troubleshooting is completed

Try downloading the Gaming Services Here: Gaming Services - Microsoft Store Apps

You may also try to perform the steps provided here by SallyCoward

Gaming services wont install on Windows 10 PC - Microsoft Community

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. CarTzy Win User

I can't uninstall Gaming Services

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

I cant update the game services

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

tente rodar essa ferramenta:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-t...

Are you still in trouble?

Create a notepad file with the following name:

"RepairGamingServices.ps1"

inside the file paste this text (if quotes):

"

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

"

Then, to run, right-click on the file, and run as administrator. then restart windows. then you need to open the Xbox app from Windows 10 that will be warning you that you need to install an extra component for the app, accept and wait for the installation. After that, Microsoft guarantees that you will be able to reopen and download Xbox Game Pass games on Windows 10.
  6. Mauro Oliv Win User

Can't install anything on the game pass app for PC

Same problem, I can't install new games, the problem is in the latest update of the Gaming Service (3.63.31001.0) by removing it the games can be reinstalled on any drive, but it will reinstall and block downloads again.

Is there a way to install previous versions of the Gaming Service that had no problems, because it was updated on the Windows 11 Desktop and the Windows 10 portal that recently had no problem.

Unusual that Microsoft lets pass updates that directly destroy the Xbox app and even damage the system.
Thema:

1. I can't update gaming services - Similar Threads - can't update gaming

2. after the last update it removed my favorite game from the homescreen and I can't get it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    after the last update it removed my favorite game from the homescreen and I can't get it...: After the last update (yesterday) it removed my favorite game from the homescreen and I can't get it added back. what can I do? ca422c93-026e-4f22-8bf2-8907cacab7ae
  3. i can't download/update/install games on my xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i can't download/update/install games on my xbox series s: So last night i decided to play some cod cold war and copied the game from an eternal drive i had it on to my internal xbox drive. its 150 gig worth so not a small game. after it was done copying...
  4. I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games.: I can stream them. What is wrong I havetried all advised steps. ee90efac-d459-4a48-8f38-3bf67b0cf026
  5. Joined windows gaming preview, can't use updated xbox accessories

in XboX Insiders
    Joined windows gaming preview, can't use updated xbox accessories: I recently bought an Xbox elite controller and wanted to use the paddles as keyboard keys for forza horizon 5, however that's only an option for inside members, luckily I've been one for the past...
  6. The 'Gaming Services' app is broken and can't be updated through Microsoft store meaning...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The 'Gaming Services' app is broken and can't be updated through Microsoft store meaning...: I have tried all of the options on the Xbox support page but the Gaming Service app just can't be downloaded. It reaches 90% completion and then just fails every time....
  7. Have complaint, can't we have a offline game update to download on USB flash drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have complaint, can't we have a offline game update to download on USB flash drive?: As title says it, I'm curious why we hadn't gotten this particular issue explained. It would be big help and boon for specific games to be updated for those who don't have Internet because they...
  8. i can't play the games that i owned offline anymore after this update

in XboX Insiders
    i can't play the games that i owned offline anymore after this update: i was playing witcher 3 that i played offline just before updating my console but after update every offline game that i used to play(skyrim for example )unplayable without internet connection...
  9. I updated my controller but I still can't access the chat mixer so I can hear the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I updated my controller but I still can't access the chat mixer so I can hear the game...: I updated the controller but I still can't access the chat mixer, and I can't hear the game audio through the headset. What can I do? d9324c3d-587d-4c2f-b3ec-a0a336097b0a
  10. Xbox App, game download stuck on "Checking for updates", and can't start any other games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App, game download stuck on "Checking for updates", and can't start any other games: As the title says. I wanted to install Pillars of Eternity, and the download stopped at 136mb in and the app simply said "Checking for updates". I've tried running Powershell as an administrator...