I Can't Uninstall/Update Ark Survival Evolved

Discus and support I Can't Uninstall/Update Ark Survival Evolved in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This is a repost because I wasn't getting any more help, please help. Replies (3)  [img] Wille M. Independent Advisor Replied on April 20,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kennedy reitz, May 18, 2023.

1. I Can't Uninstall/Update Ark Survival Evolved

This is a repost because I wasn't getting any more help, please help.

Replies (3) 

I Can't Uninstall/Update Ark Survival Evolved [​IMG]

Wille M.

Replied on April 20, 2023Report abuse

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there.
    I'm Wille, an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem!
    Do you have an external hard drive plugged in to the console right now?
    If yes, can you unplug it and Please Turn off console > (press and hold power button for 10 seconds) unplug everything from the console > wait for 2 minutes and plug everything back > Turn On the console.

Once done, please check if the issue still persist while the external hard drive is unplugged.

Clear your local save games file and persistent storage.

Make sure that there’s no disc in the disc tray. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the Guide. Select Settings > All Settings Choose System > Storage. Now select Clear local saved games. Choose Yes to confirm. Restart your console Press the Menu key on your controller. Click Settings, then go to Disc & Blu-Ray. Select Persistent Storage. Click Clear Persistent Storage.
    Try to do a soft factory reset without removing any games and apps.
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Settings > System > Console info > reset then keep my games and apps.

NOTE: This will delete the profiles on your account, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.
    Credits: ImAice
    I hope these information helps somehow. Feel free to let us know if you have further questions or concerns and we will try with our knowledge to offer assistance.

Hugs! I Can't Uninstall/Update Ark Survival Evolved :)

Before marking that the answer didn't solve it, answer the thread with more details of what happened. I will be happy to continue support and together we will solve your issue.

KR

Replied on April 26, 2023

I Can't Uninstall/Update Ark Survival Evolved [​IMG]
    In reply to Wille M.'s post on April 20, 2023

Hello again,

just yesterday I tried doing the various methods that were applicable but sadly to no success. I don't have a external hard drive so I didn't do that. But I did try the other 3 methods in order from which it was sent.

It still says the game is downloaded, which it's not. It still says my storage is taken, even though when I click on the "manage game and add-ons" setting for the game It says, 0.0 MB, meaning nothing is downloaded. When I go to the store it's says I can download it, but it won't download it just sits in my queue doing nothing.

The game has been very weird in the past with updates and such. An example being, I would update anything else and they would update at normal speed but the I go to update Ark and for some reason it would go from 30 mbs to just mere kbs. So I uninstalled the game amd reinstalled it just to find that it was doing the exact same thing but this time instead of doing an update I was downloading the entire game (155 GB worth). As you can imagine at those speeds it took days just to download the game. But it did work fine after that. Up until this issue.

I really don't want to Factory Reset, just to find out that's it's still buggy. I love this game and wish to keep playing it. At bare minimum if I can't play it I wish to at least get my storage back because it's taking up 155GB out of my 500GB storage capacity. I don't have the money to be buying a new Xbox at the moment so anything would help.

Thanks! Hope you have a good day!

:)

kennedy reitz, May 18, 2023
  2. kennedy reitz Win User

Could I at least be told. there's nothing u can do, so I stop wasting my time
  3. FreakRoach Win User

Ark Survival Evolved: Required to purchase Extinction?

Ark Survival Evolved is a full game, and Ark Extinction is an add-on. Your title and description are contrary to each other and so I'm confused.

If you purchased Ark Survival Evolved then you should be just able to play it. However, if you purchased Ark Extinction then you must also purchase Ark
    Survival Evolved.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Ark survival ascended Xbox only online multiplayer checked and greyed out

Hi again.

Unfortunately, manually updating the Windows version of ARK: Survival Evolved is not officially supported by the developers. There is no built-in option within the game or Steam client to manually update the game files.

However, there are a few workarounds you can try, but they require caution and modifying game files, so proceed at your own risk:

Downloading the Update Manually:

You can attempt to download the update files manually from a reliable source.
    Search online for "ARK: Survival Evolved Windows update version [version number]" and ensure the source is trustworthy.
    Download the necessary files and replace the existing ones in your ARK installation directory.
    This method can be risky and lead to errors if the files are corrupted or incompatible.

Using Steam Beta:

You can try joining the Steam beta branch for ARK: Survival Evolved.
    This will allow you to access the latest updates before they are officially released.

However, beta versions can be unstable and might contain bugs.
    To access the beta branch, right-click on ARK: Survival Evolved in your Steam library, select Properties > Betas, and choose the appropriate beta branch.

Reinstalling the Game:

This is a more drastic option, but it can sometimes resolve issues with updates not installing properly.
    Back up your saved data before proceeding.

Uninstall ARK: Survival Evolved completely from your system.
    Download and install the latest version of the game from Steam.

Best regards. Oskayra
  5. rektaf Win User

Ark windows 10 BuildID mismatch

The most recent version update is 800.14. released on June 26th 2020.

You check out an update log on the Official ARK: Survival Evolved Wikipedia page
    here:
    https://ark.gamepedia.com/Patch_Notes

Or the Official ARK: Survival Evolved Forums here: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/5-changelog-patch-notes/
  6. XBF George L Win User

problème avec ARK Survival Evolved (Problem with ARK survival Evolved)

Hello Quantum!

Are you still having issues with the most recent update for Ark: Survival Evolved? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Please let us know with a reply how its going.

Thanks for reaching out
Thema:

1. I Can't Uninstall/Update Ark Survival Evolved - Similar Threads - Can't Uninstall Update

2. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  3. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  4. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  5. Xbox app wouldn't work -- uninstalled -- can't reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app wouldn't work -- uninstalled -- can't reinstall: Getting an error message when trying to install xbox app on Windows 11 22H2 c10dd042-6aa7-44a4-a8de-03843f3290c3
  6. Can't uninstall or install games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't uninstall or install games?: Hi! Just got a new xbox and it isn't letting me install games from the store. I bought a game, tried to install, and it says installation started but nothing happens and it is not in the queue....
  7. Can't open apps such as Microsoft Store and Nvidia Control Panel after Uninstalling Gaming...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open apps such as Microsoft Store and Nvidia Control Panel after Uninstalling Gaming...: I was following a fix for the Xbox apps/microsoft stores gaming services not functioning and it said to delete gaming services from regedit. After doing this my pc has had problems such as in the...
  8. I can't uninstall Forza Horizon 4 Demo!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't uninstall Forza Horizon 4 Demo!!!!: Please help, I can't uninstall Forza Horizon 4 Demo and it's taking up my free space to download GTA V. I keep trying to delete it but it keeps saying things like "you need permission from SYSTEM"...
  9. Can't install or uninstall Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install or uninstall Forza Horizon 4: Forza Horizon 4 was crashing to desktop on start so i uninstalled it but I dont think it uninstalled correctly as now when I went to reinstall it on a different drive it went from the 70~gb...
  10. Can't Install Halo Master Collection after uninstal. Windows 10 latest update.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Install Halo Master Collection after uninstal. Windows 10 latest update.: Hello to all, Few days ago I purchased Halo Master C, and could play over 2 hours. 2 days later the game would not load, so I uninstalled it and tried to install it again but the game wont...