I can't uninstall or reinstall gaming services (Forza 5 won't download) Error code: 0x87E00196

Discus and support I can't uninstall or reinstall gaming services (Forza 5 won't download) Error code: 0x87E00196 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I couldn't run forza 5, so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall. When I would try an reinstall it would say an error occurred. I then tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Matteo2323, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Matteo2323
    Matteo2323 Guest

I can't uninstall or reinstall gaming services (Forza 5 won't download) Error code: 0x87E00196

I couldn't run forza 5, so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall. When I would try an reinstall it would say an error occurred. I then tried everything, resetting the store, using powershell but nothing works. When I stay and use powershell as Admin to uninstall and reinstall gaming services, I get an error that looks like this remove-AppxPackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor. Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.GamingServices_3.65.8001.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe from: failed with error 0x80070002. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues. At line:1 char:44 + ... t-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: I can't uninstall or reinstall gaming services (Forza 5 won't download) Error code: 0x87E00196 :)) [Remove-AppxPackage], COMException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Comman ds.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

I've tried everything and I don't know what to do

:)

Matteo2323, Jan 13, 2023
  2. SpicyRam3n Win User

Gaming services don’t work?

This didn’t work either. It lets me reinstall the gaming services but then it refuses to register on my computer and says I still need to download it even after doing so. It also leaves me with error code 0x87e00196, on the Xbox app when I try to download from there.
  3. KingBencexd Win User

Can't download games on my External Hard Drive

I uninstalled the Xbox app, now how do I download Forza 5? I tried everything, reinstalled the Xbox app, uninstalled it again, tried to install Forza 5 from browser but I can't find a way where I can download the game to my External Hard Drive
  4. Paquettia Win User

my xbox app canot detect grounded update ,error 0x87e00017

Thanks for your advice! But unfortunately, I I tried all methods you offered but STILL 0x87e00017 :(

0x87e00196 appears several times and I found this Error 0x87e00196 occurs when you try to manage a game on Windows | Xbox Support It doesn't work too

This problem occurred on 10/9 last time, and I also received 0x87e00017, I uninstalled my Xbox App and the problem resolved immediately, so I uninstalled Xbox App five times today. Obviously,0x87e00017 🙁

I don't know what I can do now, maybe buy Grounded on steam so that I won't suffer from this download problem.
  5. Mar84307474 Win User

Need help with installing gaming services in xbox pc app

I think we may be getting closer, as I can now at least view a couple of the games I had downloaded, though some seem to be missing.
    I still can't download new ones though; I get the error code: 0x87e00196 when I try to download games now instead of it asking for gaming services to be downloaded.
  6. Gregory Mougin Win User

I can't play games with Xbox Game Pass

i did what you said and then did the firsts steps but i can't play yet because i have a problem that says that the gaming services have failed with the error code being 0x87e00196.
Thema:

1. I can't uninstall or reinstall gaming services (Forza 5 won't download) Error code: 0x87E00196 - Similar Threads - can't uninstall reinstall

2. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  3. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  4. Xbox app wouldn't work -- uninstalled -- can't reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app wouldn't work -- uninstalled -- can't reinstall: Getting an error message when trying to install xbox app on Windows 11 22H2 c10dd042-6aa7-44a4-a8de-03843f3290c3
  5. Can't uninstall or install games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't uninstall or install games?: Hi! Just got a new xbox and it isn't letting me install games from the store. I bought a game, tried to install, and it says installation started but nothing happens and it is not in the queue....
  6. Can't open apps such as Microsoft Store and Nvidia Control Panel after Uninstalling Gaming...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open apps such as Microsoft Store and Nvidia Control Panel after Uninstalling Gaming...: I was following a fix for the Xbox apps/microsoft stores gaming services not functioning and it said to delete gaming services from regedit. After doing this my pc has had problems such as in the...
  7. I can't uninstall Forza Horizon 4 Demo!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't uninstall Forza Horizon 4 Demo!!!!: Please help, I can't uninstall Forza Horizon 4 Demo and it's taking up my free space to download GTA V. I keep trying to delete it but it keeps saying things like "you need permission from SYSTEM"...
  8. Can't install or uninstall Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install or uninstall Forza Horizon 4: Forza Horizon 4 was crashing to desktop on start so i uninstalled it but I dont think it uninstalled correctly as now when I went to reinstall it on a different drive it went from the 70~gb...
  9. I Can't Uninstall/Update Ark Survival Evolved

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Can't Uninstall/Update Ark Survival Evolved: This is a repost because I wasn't getting any more help, please help. Replies (3)  [img] Wille M. Independent Advisor Replied on April 20, 2023Report abuse Hi, I hope you're doing great...
  10. Can't Install Halo Master Collection after uninstal. Windows 10 latest update.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Install Halo Master Collection after uninstal. Windows 10 latest update.: Hello to all, Few days ago I purchased Halo Master C, and could play over 2 hours. 2 days later the game would not load, so I uninstalled it and tried to install it again but the game wont...