I can't the microphone on my wired headset to work

Discus and support I can't the microphone on my wired headset to work in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought a new headset because my old one is falling apart. This headset works perfectly in terms of audio, but theicrophone doesn't work. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Adriel Hill-Fada'ee, May 10, 2023.

  1. I can't the microphone on my wired headset to work


    I just bought a new headset because my old one is falling apart. This headset works perfectly in terms of audio, but theicrophone doesn't work. I have looked through all of the settings, looked at several posts, tried the mic on my phone and it works, and tried the mic on my old wireless headset, and it works fine. It's just that the wired one does not. Please may I have some assistance?

    :)
     
    Adriel Hill-Fada'ee, May 10, 2023
    #1
  2. Adriel Hill-Fada'ee Win User

    I can't the microphone on my wired headset to work

    I am on the Xbox One X.

    The headset I purchased was the KVIDIO model WH201A. Yes I am connecting to the controller.

    Thanks for the speedy reply!
  3. WattyNuela Win User

    I can't the microphone on my wired headset to work

    Thanks for your response Adriel, may I know if you have more Xbox controllers and if you tested the headset with them?

    If you're not able to test with a different controller may I know if your Xbox wireless controller and the console are on the latest firmware version?

    I'm going to share the next articles in case you need to know how to update your devices
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

    "Settings > System > Updates.
    Under Updates, you’ll see:
    Console update available. Select this to begin your update, or
    No console update available. This means your console is up to date."

    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/....
  4. WattyNuela Win User

    I can't the microphone on my wired headset to work

    Hi Adriel, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor ready to assist you with this

    But before that please tell me:

    What console are you using? Or is this happening on PC?

    What headset is the one that you purchased recently?

    Are you connecting the headset to the headphone jack of the controller if maybe you're on PC?
  5. WattyNuela Win User

    I can't the microphone on my wired headset to work

    Hi Adriel, I was checking and saw that this is a wireless headset.
    May I know if the cable that you're using with it is a 3.5mm jack on both sides?
    And, may I know if you tried using a different 3.5mm jack cable to see if that helps?
  6. Adriel Hill-Fada'ee Win User

    I can't the microphone on my wired headset to work

    I have already updated my controller to the latest firmware, and while I only have one controller, I have tested other wired headphones in the past and have had the same problem
Thema:

I can't the microphone on my wired headset to work

Loading...
  1. I can't the microphone on my wired headset to work - Similar Threads - can't microphone wired

  2. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  3. Can't see the "Claim digital license" option

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't see the "Claim digital license" option: I'm trying to claim the digital license for Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One) but the option isn't showing up. I'm on Preview Omega, and I just had an update today, showing up on latest but here's the...
  4. I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X: I'm currently using an Xbox Series X. I installed the Xbox Insider Hub for the first time today, and it says that "This console is in the Preview Omega ring." In the Manage section, it shows:...
  5. Alpha ring Can't play physical discs

    in XboX Insiders
    Alpha ring Can't play physical discs: Hey everyone. I haven't tried to play a physical game in a long while. However with the new disc to digital starting I wanted to try it out. When I put a disc in nothing happens. Literally...
  6. Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...

    in XboX Insiders
    Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...: I've noticed games diapering for a bit now and wanna know if it's happening to anyone else cause before it started happening I had like what 450 odd games earlier today I had 359 now it's at 360...
  7. Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...: Prior to the update a couple days ago, I could remote into my Xbox from work and play and install games. Since the update, if I remote to the Xbox, it no longer has an install button for games....
  8. Cloud gaming test, can't install game now

    in XboX Insiders
    Cloud gaming test, can't install game now: Alpha skip ahead. Ultimate subscription active. Pretty sure I have the update to test the new cloud gaming tier/feature. However, now when I try to install a game, the only option I have is to...
  9. I can't find the user-created Xbox Clubs.

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't find the user-created Xbox Clubs.: But have the Clubs been removed? I can only find the official game ones. submitted by /u/Whyenott_ [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox series X can't update after latest insider update

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X can't update after latest insider update: I today applied for the new xbox insider update, it crashed mid way not being able to connect to Internet i guess I did all trouble shooting, factory reset, installing osu1 2 and 3 (2 and 3...