I can't talk in games or party chat.

Discus and support I can't talk in games or party chat. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've tested 2 functioning mics and I can hear myself, but I can't talk in games or parties. Party overlay doesn't show me talking. My account is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xSkaterBeanz, Jan 27, 2023.

1. xSkaterBeanz
    xSkaterBeanz Guest

I've tested 2 functioning mics and I can hear myself, but I can't talk in games or parties. Party overlay doesn't show me talking. My account is unrestricted with no enforcement history.

*** Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and network / Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One ***

:)

xSkaterBeanz, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi xSkaterBeanz,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi xSkaterBeanz,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, you are having difficulties in joining party chats and games due to your microphone issues. You can only hear your own self, but you cannot talk. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

1. What platform are you playing (Xbox Console, PC or phone)
    2. What is the current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    3. Xbox app and Gaming services version? Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    4. What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    5. Was this working before?
    6. Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    7. Have you check NAT type?
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Solution 1. Troubleshoot Game Bar. Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support (Follow the steps here)

Things to keep in mind:

[​IMG]

Solution 2. Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support (Follow the steps here)

[​IMG]

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Ishan8123 Win User

I can't talk in party chat.

You can can change your privacy settings by

1. Going to https://account.xbox.com/en-US/settings/home? and click privacy settings.
    2. Then scroll down to "Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites?" and select "Everyone"
    3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to save
    Hope this helps!
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

Head set

My headset only works in party chat. When I'm playing other games I can see that people are talking but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. It only works in party chat.
  6. nvhidden Win User

World of Tanks connection issues

I get the same thing. I also can't hear anyone talk in game either. I'm not even in party chat. I'm in game chat.
Thema:

1. I can't talk in games or party chat. - Similar Threads - can't talk games

2. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  3. I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what...: I just got new controller the headphone will talk and hear but but can't hear game what should I do e update check sound and audio settings but nothing is working...
  4. Why can't I talk to people in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I talk to people in game: In destiny 2 I can to talk to them but I can't hear them c1642389-5a43-4b84-884c-c6b12ce7d9d2
  5. Why can't I talk on MW2, but I can on any other COD or Game on my Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I talk on MW2, but I can on any other COD or Game on my Xbox?: I own an Xbox Series X. I have used both a Wired Xbox Controller, an Xbox official Wireless Controller as well as a PowerA Fusion Pro 2 Wired Controller and I continue to have the same issue. I...
  6. My game menu sound background audio is fine but the chat I can't barley hear people talk to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game menu sound background audio is fine but the chat I can't barley hear people talk to...: I can't hear my team mate and enemy steps also it almost seems as the speakers sounds are off I hear things coming from my left at and along of time it's. Off dc764487-28ea-4b88-9fbe-403a12f5afa1
  7. I can't talk in game chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't talk in game chat: I haven't had this problem before and everything I've tried doesn't work I can talk in party's just fine but when I switch to game chat it doesn't register that I'm speaking I can hear other...
  8. Why can't I talk to others in a party chat after stitching from xbox live gold to game pass...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to others in a party chat after stitching from xbox live gold to game pass...: It is really strange how I can hear other people talk in the party chat but I can't. And I have tried with 2 different mics and tried both mics for a phone call on my phone and they both work...
  9. Why can't I talk in game chats but I can in party chats?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk in game chats but I can in party chats?: I can talk and hear other people in xbox parties, but I can't talk in game chat even though I can hear everyone. This has been a problem on Destiny 2 and COD Modern Warfare 2. I have an Xbox One....
  10. Can't talk in game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't talk in game chat.: About a month ago my friend and I noticed he couldn't see my messages in the Minecraft game chat. However, I can see all of theirs, and I can message people just fine in normal Xbox messages. I...