I cant select my external hardrive to install games on my PC and selecting it in the...

Discus and support I cant select my external hardrive to install games on my PC and selecting it in the... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Same as the title, really bummed about this since I just bought PC gamepass and was hoping to install some games overnight, lmk if you have any... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Exp0 kbart, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Exp0 kbart
    Exp0 kbart Guest

I cant select my external hardrive to install games on my PC and selecting it in the...

Same as the title, really bummed about this since I just bought PC gamepass and was hoping to install some games overnight, lmk if you have any suggestions

:)

Exp0 kbart, Aug 29, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

I cant select my external hardrive to install games on my PC and selecting it in the settings doesnt save

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

even if you want to install on an external hard drive, it is essential that your C drive has space, as this is where the temporary installation files are located, and then define the installation destination of the applications in the windows settings.
  3. Jeremy2085 Win User

Question

You should be able to use an external usb hardrive as well as the games you already have installed on your xbox, as long as it meets the requirements for downloading and storing games. I have a 3tb hardrive and use my xbox hardrive as well for downloading
    and storing games and it works just fine, you just have to connect it to the usb port of your xbox for it to be recognized as an external device.
  4. DannyF1 Win User

Game loadup ends back at dashboard

I'm not on the insider program, I've tried sendimg all games to my external hardrive and removing my account and re installing and still not working
  5. FreakRoach Win User

Can I download my digital games onto external hard drive

Set you external hard drive as default location in the settings, and every game will be installed there by default no matter whether install was triggered manually or from PC or mobile.

To do so, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings on your Xbox

2. On Settings page, go to System, and then select Storage

3. There, on the right you'll see all the drives including your external drive.

4. Select your external drive where you want to install games, and press A button on controller.

5. This will open the menu. Here select the option "Install here by default".

Then to install games from PC or mobile, you will have to trigger the installation remotely. To do so

1 .Open Microsoft store App, or use Xbox.com

2. Find the game that you own and want to install.

3. There click Install button and you'll be prompted to select a device where to install. Select your Xbox One and proceed.
  6. D1g1TaL Ch40s Win User

My accounts/devices

When I goto install a game on the pc that is on my xbox account it asks me to select what device but it doesnt have my pc as a device on there. How do I select my pc as a device/set up my pc to be a device.
    Not all games are compatible with cross platform.

Can you give details on the game that you are trying to install?
Thema:

1. I cant select my external hardrive to install games on my PC and selecting it in the... - Similar Threads - cant select external

2. Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio'

in XboX Insiders
    Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio': Hi all, i tried to play a 4k Blu Ray disc on my Xbox (X series) and it came up with an audio error, i need to unselect 'Let my receiver decode audio'. I can unselect it but it doesn't stay at that...
  3. How can i invite my friends to a game, if i cant select it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i invite my friends to a game, if i cant select it?: Game invite is greyed out, my friends cant join me. I did a hard reset, removed my profile, added it back. My NAT is open. Connection is good. 85796ab6-ada8-4d46-a339-6cf926ff8310
  4. My parents cant select me in privacy and online safety tab and when they try the mouse...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My parents cant select me in privacy and online safety tab and when they try the mouse...: [img] here is the problem 33b1a551-86ca-406d-999c-d9b87d84e329
  5. Cant select my drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant select my drive: Cant choose disk to install game on PC...Help [img] 6d8ccf2f-90a3-4a08-8651-fb78da46ebfa
  6. Cant select my drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant select my drive: Cant choose disk to install game on PC...Help [img] 6d8ccf2f-90a3-4a08-8651-fb78da46ebfa
  7. cant select drive to install in xbox pc app

in XBoX on Windows
    cant select drive to install in xbox pc app: [img] It doesn't let me select any drives to install. I have purchased the XBox game pass ultimate and have successfully installed games through the EA beta app....
  8. Cant select 120fps on Sbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant select 120fps on Sbox Series X: I was randomly playing Cold War and was realising that im not 120hz and i went to go check and i couldnt select wither 60hz or 120hz. My Monitor: 32in. WQHD 165hz Zero-G Gaming Monitor i dont...
  9. Cant select country for games pass address

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant select country for games pass address: Hey, Im in Australia and trying to setup an Xbox game pass. All goes OK, made payment etc till it asks for profile address which defaults to US only, ie I cant pick another country. I've checked...
  10. Unjustified content take down; cant select the case review option on enforcement.xbox.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unjustified content take down; cant select the case review option on enforcement.xbox.com: Hi Today i got a notificación from Xbox enforcement regarding a content take down, reads like this: Looking for Group November 23, 2018 ‎06‎:‎11‎:‎41‎ ‎p. m.The offending content was removed....