I can't seem to access State of Decay 2

Discus and support I can't seem to access State of Decay 2 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I launch the game, I am hit with the typical "Sign in" page for an Xbox account. However, whenever I press "sign in" nothing happens, nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Wizzerly, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Wizzerly
    Wizzerly Guest

Whenever I launch the game, I am hit with the typical "Sign in" page for an Xbox account.

However, whenever I press "sign in" nothing happens, nothing at all. I can click on "What is this?" Yet, I cannot sign in, not even attempt to write my account information.

I have attempted to look around the Web, and I have yet to find anyone with this issue.

:)

Wizzerly, Sep 8, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks, please try this Wizzerly (it can be a bit odd but worth giving it a shot)

Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper

Xbox Live Auth Manager

Xbox Live Game Save

Xbox Live Networking Service

Gaming Services

And do this with each of the services listed above:

Right-click over the service and select Properties.

Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic (if not, change it to automatic)

If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services

Restart your PC and try again

(In case some services are missing, please open or download the Xbox app from the Microsoft Store and check if you need to install some dependencies, after that try sign in State of Decay 2 again)

--------------

If that doesn't work, try this (RainingRoses response):

"Try the following options for Windows 10/11:

1. Go to Credential Manager (https://support.microsoft.com/windows/accessing...) > Windows Credentials (not the Web option), select XblGrts|DeviceKey and remove.

2. Go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts. Select your account with the issue and verify that the ‘Apps need to ask me to use this account’ setting is enabled. This would especially help if you have multiple accounts as you would have the option to choose the correct account on startup, but you can always change it back to the automatic option if you prefer. You can also try to remove the account from here and re-add it later.

3. Follow this file path: C:\Users\[Your Username]AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker

Delete the Accounts and Cache folders, which will be deleted from the Xbox Identity Provider

Note that the highlighted code in this file path depends on your system so may vary.

If you don’t see a particular folder, then confirm there’s no search filters applied and select ‘show hidden items’, or you can just search for the folder in the search bar.

Restart your PC after trying the above steps, so that these properly take effect next time you sign in. It may also help to then reset and repair and/or uninstall and reinstall the Xbox apps where this error occurs."

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Wizzerly

In order to assist you properly please answer the following questions:

Are you on Windows 10 or 11?

Is this happening with the Steam or the Xbox / Microsoft Store version?

And what did you tried so far to fix this? In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, thanks for sharing the resolution!
    I'm glad to hear that now everything's working as expected

Take care and happy gaming
  5. Wizzerly Win User

Hi Josef!

I'm on steam.

I've tried reinstalling, also verifying if any files were missing, I also tried starting the game in windowed mode incase it was that. Simultaniously, I've tried, just in case it was that, to reset my internet connection. Restart my PC, attempt to log out of all version I can of Xbox on my pc, and completely close down the game through my taskbar. The game itself worked fine (I played last night), until earlier when I tried playing with a friend, and he pointed out the issue to me, at which I logged out, and experienced the exact same problem he did.

It seems as if the problem itself is with the game, as all it shows is this:
    [​IMG]
  6. Wizzerly Win User

Thank you!

However, as I was about to attempt this today. It seems to have solved itself over night. It might have been a network error or something akin to that. It just works now.
Thema:

1. I can't seem to access State of Decay 2 - Similar Threads - can't seem access

2. What can't Microsoft seem to figure out how to get apps to work on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    What can't Microsoft seem to figure out how to get apps to work on xbox: NFL and Fox sports apps are garbage on Xbox but work everywhere else... Why? 77ebc054-d3de-4aae-9610-a27fbe91e2f9
  3. I can't seem to get my second controller to work on my Xbox Series S and am getting really...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't seem to get my second controller to work on my Xbox Series S and am getting really...: I bought the Xbox Series S and two controllers. Whenever I try and play coop with my wife the second controller is not recognized with the exception of 1-2 games like "It Takes Two". I've tried...
  4. I am constantly getting these error messages on startup and can't seem to prevent them in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am constantly getting these error messages on startup and can't seem to prevent them in...: Hi, Can anyone please help here ? I can't get rid of this error message that pops up 3 times every time I open MSFS 2020 (despite uninstalling and re-installing the software) Best regards...
  5. I can't seem to run any games on the xbox pc app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't seem to run any games on the xbox pc app.: Everytime I do it it tells me to pick my account. I choose my account, however everytime it takes a moment saying "signing in" then only for it to show up with the same message over and over...
  6. Can't change Xbox to Home Xbox. Number of switches left seems wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change Xbox to Home Xbox. Number of switches left seems wrong: Hi I'm trying to set my Xbox One as a home Xbox, away from my other Xbox. When I tick the Change box it does something then unticks it. The page says that I have 0 of 5 switches left, but I...
  7. Can't seem to play on Xbox without being blocked for no reason

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't seem to play on Xbox without being blocked for no reason: Whenever I play on Xbox sometimes I meet a good friend and then next thing I know he blocks me. Like I met this friend about a year and a half ago. After I met him we were in parties every day....
  8. Can't seem to be able to log into my Xbox account on my browser.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't seem to be able to log into my Xbox account on my browser.: I can't seem to be able to log into my Xbox account on my browser for some reason. Every time I try to sign in it automatically sends me back to the home page without actually signing me in. Help...
  9. On Call Of Duty Modern Warfare (2019) I can't seem to find where to to play the campaign....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On Call Of Duty Modern Warfare (2019) I can't seem to find where to to play the campaign....: There is an advert for Warzone 2.0 and MW2 on the left and Warzone Caldera on the right, but no option play the campaign for mw1. I have installed all the Addons for the game apart from the...
  10. I have gamepass and can't seem to access it on my Xbox 360, in fact I can't even locate it,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have gamepass and can't seem to access it on my Xbox 360, in fact I can't even locate it,...: I have gamepass and can't seem to access it on my Xbox 360, in fact I can't even locate it, it acts like I only have Xbox live 2740d81e-11c9-460e-8adf-8b88275d150e