I can’t remove the unmute icon on my Xbox one. Just happened one day. Tried re booting and...

Discus and support I can’t remove the unmute icon on my Xbox one. Just happened one day. Tried re booting and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Cannot speak on headset please help! f1f3ef6f-e502-4916-996b-93c23ac8809c Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Albertc1234, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Albertc1234
    Albertc1234 Guest

I can’t remove the unmute icon on my Xbox one. Just happened one day. Tried re booting and...

Cannot speak on headset please help!

:)

Albertc1234, Sep 2, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

I can’t remove the unmute icon on my Xbox one. Just happened one day. Tried re booting and audio settings don’t appear

Hi Albert,

Sorry for the issue with your headsets. Here is a list of troubleshooting to try out. Some you may have done already and some you may not have. Number 9 seems to be a temporary solution to this ongoing issue.

1.) power cycle console

2.)Go to settings>Devices & Streaming>Accessories> [...]> Assign controller to account> Update control> unassign account> test headset/chat

3.)Make sure mic is "ON" Press the home button> go to the Gear on the menu> Audio> Turn Mic off and on. OR go to settings> Devices & streaming> Accessories> [...]>Volume> Mic on> Adjust volume.

4.)You can test your controller if it is broken by "Buzzing" the controller. The buzz feature is connected to the headset port, and if the controller does not buzz then the port may be damaged. [Turning on Vibration if it does not "Buzz"> Settings>
    Ease of Access> Controller> Vibration Settings> Turn on Vibration].

5.)Some mics are detachable and may be damaged so try testing the headset on another device to see if it works (Example: windows 10.

Test the Headset with Skype Test or Voice Recorder). If there is an issue with using the headset on an Xbox controller, you can try using a headset adapter.

6.) Make sure there is no Enforcement on the account.

7.) Make sure the controller is not full of dust in the headset port (you can use compressed air to clear the dust).

8..) Make sure controller is fully charged/ change battery type.

9.) Use a headset adapter or standard headphones (Main fix)

10) Soft or full console reset. (may not work all the time)

Thanks,

Brad
  3. GamersMom Win User

Xbox One Mute ICON can’t remove won’t UNMUTE

Hey there Gamers,

Sorry to hear you have been having these problems, Now this is a known issue that has already been reported and is being worked on. I would advise that you do contact
    Xbox Customer Support so that you can report this problem to our agents and provide more information.

We hope to have this issue resolved soon.
    Your technical support rep was the most condescending representative I have had the please of talking too. The last option was a factory reset. We just completed and the damn mute icon is still there! So please someone tell me how this is not an XBox One
    Microsoft Live issue like he did?
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Gamers,

We recommend to do another call back. When you get a support agent let them know it is a known issue and need assistance. Also tell them you have done all troubleshooting steps. When you call they are gathering information for this issue you will need Gamer
    tag, console used, and your region.

Thanks.

Brad
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there Gamers,

Sorry to hear you have been having these problems, Now this is a known issue that has already been reported and is being worked on. I would advise that you do contact
    Xbox Customer Support so that you can report this problem to our agents and provide more information.

We hope to have this issue resolved soon.
  6. ChilliBadger Win User

friend muted

i have same issue. I select unmute go out and back in an he is still muted. Tried removing and re-adding. Even removed my profile from xb and added that again.
Thema:

1. I can’t remove the unmute icon on my Xbox one. Just happened one day. Tried re booting and... - Similar Threads - can’t remove unmute

2. Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games: I’ve been seeing people with this problem as well where you can’t sign into xbox live on 360 making you not be able to play anything online. Any video I find to help either requires me to delete...
  3. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  4. Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet: So recently my Xbox 360 started to act weird ever since I unplugged it a couple days ago. I’ve recently reconnected it but ever since then I haven’t been able to connect to Xbox live. I’ve seen...
  5. i subscribed to game pass on my other account but I removed it from my xbox and i can’t...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i subscribed to game pass on my other account but I removed it from my xbox and i can’t...: i subscribed to game pass on my other account but I removed it from my xbox and i can’t remember the email, I don’t want the account i just want to cancel the subscription from it how can i do...
  6. Are games being turned off for Xbox one? As I can’t play the disc once the game is removed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are games being turned off for Xbox one? As I can’t play the disc once the game is removed...: Once games are removed from the Xbox store I can’t play them even with the disc it’s not recognised. I can no longer play forza 7 or gta 5? 94ed04c4-94af-4627-860a-5b58d444190b
  7. How do I remove a card from an account that someone stole from me? I can’t get into it and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I remove a card from an account that someone stole from me? I can’t get into it and...: I can’t get into my account and remove card because the guy that hacked me bought something on the card that I can’t remove is there any other way I can get my account back or remove it? Please...
  8. Email is linked to 2 Xbox gamer tags and can’t remove or change ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email is linked to 2 Xbox gamer tags and can’t remove or change ?: Hi I’m having a problem with 2 Xbox’s my email address is linked to both of them somehow and can’t remove or change it can you help as it’s causing problems ? 341f3802-22b8-4c98-8a26-eb10884363bd
  9. Can’t download my Xbox 360 profile on emulator after removing the cache

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t download my Xbox 360 profile on emulator after removing the cache: Hi! I can’t download my Xbox 360 profile to the emulator on my Xbox one after removing the cache. It says that it can’t connect to Xbox live and want me to test my connection. Nothings wrong with...
  10. Can’t remove users from followers list

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t remove users from followers list: I am having an issue removing 3 users from my followers list I’ve tried the block and unblock method but have had no success. I even contacted the users personally to see if they can try to...