I can’t redeem a gift code from my region, what is the problem?

Discus and support I can’t redeem a gift code from my region, what is the problem? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got a gift code for a game, when I tried to redeem the code every time i get this massage “This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by i c1, Jan 16, 2023.

1. i c1
    i c1 Guest

I got a gift code for a game, when I tried to redeem the code every time i get this massage “This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account.”, even though it was sent from the same region as my account.

:)

2. ngocphi Win User

Ok what region is your account and what is the region of the code
  3. i c1 Win User

Ok what region is your account and what is the region of the code
    Both are US
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Can't redeem code

My friend send me a gift card but i can't redeem it.

it say "This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account."
    how do you redeem the code from my friend that live in different region.
    You cant. Your friend will have to request a refund for the code and purchase a code for you that is meant for your region.
  5. gilbertobarajas1 Win User

Can't Redeem a Code

What if a friend gifted me a game (Dark souls remastered) and his and my accounts are both American, but when he gifted it to me i was in a different country i get the error of saying can’t redeem it because it was bought in a different region does that mean i can’t get the game anymore even if i go back to the United States?
  6. Rostom L Win User

I can't redeem the code that my other region friend send me.

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Since you're on a different region, it's not possible for you to redeem the gift code in your location because it came from another region. Gift cards or gift codes have geo-restriction and can only be redeemed to the same region where it was originating.

Learn more about it here: https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-bil...
Thema:

1. I can’t redeem a gift code from my region, what is the problem? - Similar Threads - can’t redeem gift

2. why can’t I redeem my gift?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can’t I redeem my gift?: I received a gift from a friend and I just can’t redeem it at all. it’s the correct code and everything but continuously tells me the code wasn’t found. the game was worth 70 dollars and I can’t...
  3. Can’t redeem Xbox gift code

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t redeem Xbox gift code: Im very sad as I’ve been meaning to get a dlc for quite a while now and my friend gifted it to me but it’s says that there are invalid letters even there’s not as its Xbox message gift and we are...
  4. Can’t redeem my reward points for £5 gift card. I get to the part where it says Thanks!...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t redeem my reward points for £5 gift card. I get to the part where it says Thanks!...: Can’t redeem my reward points for £5 gift card. I get to the part where it says Thanks! Enjoy your reward! And nothing happens, no email comes through and points aren’t deducted??? Please help...
  5. A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...: It says it’s damaged how do I redeem my game? 9d9f41cc-8c2d-499f-ab49-42dea638d12c
  6. Why can’t my friend redeem the gift I sent him?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my friend redeem the gift I sent him?: I gifted one of my friends a silver bundle for Destiny 2. He received the message from Xbox, but when he clicks on the redeem code option, it tells him he can’t redeem the code. I checked my...
  7. Can’t redeem my Xbox gift card?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t redeem my Xbox gift card?: So I won this train sim world 3 x Pringles thing where I watch a video and have a chance to win a £7 gift card (this was on the home page of the Xbox as an advertisement) so I wrote it down! Today...
  8. Can’t redeem gift friend sent me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t redeem gift friend sent me: My friend sent me the code for rocket league and it says something went wrong check instroctions ed108d96-8ef5-4ca5-a48c-3492e09774c4
  9. Can’t redeem gift code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t redeem gift code: Hello, I gifted my friend Sea of Thieves and he cant redeem the code. We both live in the same country, but its still not letting him redeem the game. Any solutions?...
  10. I can’t redeem my Xbox gift card because it was not printed right what do I do.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I can’t redeem my Xbox gift card because it was not printed right what do I do.: I can’t redeem my Xbox gift card because it was not printed right what do I do. 2efdd943-258e-474a-ba8c-7b8f7969c0df