I can’t receive SMS verification and the account recovery form doesn’t work

Discus and support I can’t receive SMS verification and the account recovery form doesn’t work in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this, as I can’t find anything on it My Xbox account was recently hacked as someone requested to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by aaden0909, Jan 28, 2023.

1. aaden0909
    aaden0909 Guest

Hey, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this, as I can’t find anything on it

My Xbox account was recently hacked as someone requested to change my security information and to show that it wasn’t me who did this, I have to receive a code via SMS, but I can’t do this. My account has my old phone number linked to it so I can’t get the code. I also have no other way to verify that it wasn't me who did this. I have tried the account recovery form NUMEROUS times but I always get denied and they “can’t verify that it’s my account.” Microsoft Support has just said to keep doing the account recovery form but i’ve already put as much information as I can.

My account will be lost on the 8th of February if i'm not able to change the password by then and Im scarred I’ll lose it and lose everything. Help would mean a lot. Thanks.

:)

aaden0909, Jan 28, 2023
  2. KindGryphon Win User

Lost phone number from account

I have an account that I lost and there is a phone number verification but I lost that phone number and got a new one and I tried the recovery form but it dident work but I also have video proof that I have the account I tried the recovery form but it didn’t work
    The recovery form wont work if you have 2 step verification enabled.

When you first enabled the phone number verification it would have given you several backup recovery codes which are meant to be used in this exact sort of situation. It would have told you to save them somewhere safe.

Did you save those codes? If not unfortunately your account would be forever lost as having two step verification enabled also takes the ability to recover the account out of the hands of support
  3. jpolo1224 Win User

Cannot log into Xbox live because of two factor authentication. I have an old Xbox live account I am trying to sign into, however I cannot. Can I please have help?

Yeah it doesn’t let me add a third verification option. It only sends me to account recovery which doesn’t work thanks to 2FA. Just curious if you guys can’t help then who can? I’ve tried Microsoft support and they also sent me to account recovery. I haven’t been able to get on the phone with them since when I call or try to get access to a call it says that texts and calls aren’t supported for this issue. Is there any way this can be solved? I just want to re-gain access to an old account.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Dont know minecraft email or password

I apologize however we will not be able to recover it. We need to have the two-step verification email or number to do so since we can’t proceed with the recovery form.
  5. AlexanderMossberg Win User

Xbox app i phone 8

Is doesn’t work for me how to a

recovery form?
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Sons Microsoft/Xbox accounts blocked

Hi DeannaN1! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

The recovery form requires the correct information to work, I have fill out this form previously and have worked providing the proper Information

Could you tell me how the accounts are linked? Since if the accounts are linked you then would not need to fill the recovery form as you would be able to request the verification code
Thema:

1. I can’t receive SMS verification and the account recovery form doesn’t work - Similar Threads - can’t receive SMS

2. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  3. Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games: I’ve been seeing people with this problem as well where you can’t sign into xbox live on 360 making you not be able to play anything online. Any video I find to help either requires me to delete...
  4. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  5. Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet: So recently my Xbox 360 started to act weird ever since I unplugged it a couple days ago. I’ve recently reconnected it but ever since then I haven’t been able to connect to Xbox live. I’ve seen...
  6. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  7. How to fix can’t connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can’t connect to xbox live: Hello I cant play black ops 2 because it says can’t connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot your connection but I have connection on my xbox series s please help...
  8. Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere: I have been trying to update Fortnite on my Xbox one for probably a month now all with no luck. Every single other game I have has had no issue at all updating. I do have an external storage I use...
  9. Can’t receive my emails

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t receive my emails: hello the reason why I’m sending a message is that A while back I tried to login to my Microsoft account but It told me that I was supposed to verify it was me by sending a security code but I...
  10. I received a early disc copy of starfield. Now I can’t preinstall the premium edition that...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I received a early disc copy of starfield. Now I can’t preinstall the premium edition that...: I know the game hasn’t released yet but I couldn’t keep my excitement down. I already had the premium edition fully installed on my series x but now it won’t let me redownload it. If I go to...