I can't reach Xbox one's troubleshooting menu. My Xbox was stuck on the green screen, so I...

Discus and support I can't reach Xbox one's troubleshooting menu. My Xbox was stuck on the green screen, so I... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I did the steps to teach the troubleshooting menu. I turned off the Xbox, held down the pair and eject buttons, then turned the Xbox back on. Instead... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KhiStraley, Nov 21, 2022.

1. KhiStraley
    KhiStraley Guest

I can't reach Xbox one's troubleshooting menu. My Xbox was stuck on the green screen, so I...

I did the steps to teach the troubleshooting menu. I turned off the Xbox, held down the pair and eject buttons, then turned the Xbox back on. Instead of being taken straight to the troubleshooting menu, I get taken to a loading screen that says "Preparing console."

This screen loads to 50% completion, stays there for a while, and then the console shuts off. This repeats every time I turn the console back on.

Has anyone else had this issue and is there anything else that I can do about it?

:)

KhiStraley, Nov 21, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I can't reach Xbox one's troubleshooting menu. My Xbox was stuck on the green screen, so I tried reaching the troubleshooting menu to reset it, but the troubleshooting menu won't load.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this KhiStraley

Just to confirm, every time that you need to bring up the startup troubleshooter the same happens? It's always stuck at 50%?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I can't reach Xbox one's troubleshooting menu. My Xbox was stuck on the green screen, so I tried reaching the troubleshooting menu to reset it, but the troubleshooting menu won't load.

Hi, KhiStraley
    Do you have USB accessories connected to the console?

If yes, please disconnect everything and give it a new try.

If the issue persist, can be a bit odd but try connecting the console to another TV or in another room

If even that doesn’t work, that means your console needs to be inspected and repaired :c
  4. RAGEOFRANGER Win User

My Original Xbox is not cooperating. I desperately need help.

To add more info, like a month or two ago i had to factory reset the console due to the green screen of doom or whatever. The xbox won't load the green screen right now and will only connect to the tv when it reaches the troubleshoot menu. The "Offline
    System Update" option is greyed out and i can't use it.
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Xbox One - Freezing wont turn on or takes to long to start

If you're stuck on the green Xbox One screen, follow each of the steps on our
    Xbox One Update Troubleshooter
    . Be sure to begin by clicking on the green screen box that says "I am experiencing a startup issue".

Be sure to follow every step in that troubleshooting guide and post back with the results! :)
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

xbox one wont load past green screen

Hello Preston,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox One is stuck on a green screen after you turn it on. A console that is stuck on the green screen during start up is usually an indication of an issue with a system update. We have a
    support article that provides troubleshooting for an
    Xbox One that's stuck on a green screen
    . Be sure to let us know the results
    Preston!
Thema:

1. I can't reach Xbox one's troubleshooting menu. My Xbox was stuck on the green screen, so I... - Similar Threads - can't reach one's

2. UPS didn't deliver my Xbox and I can't get reach a live support person for help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPS didn't deliver my Xbox and I can't get reach a live support person for help?: HI I ordered an xbox in January then UPS wouldn't deliver my xbox to me. I tried calling Customer Support got thru and they said they would escalate and I would I get an email in 2 days its been...
  3. Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...: Xbox update Update error Restart Offline update ddfd9111-02a9-40b8-bb9f-1f90ad3ad176
  4. I bought a second hand xbox but it has a family passcode and I can't reach the previous...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a second hand xbox but it has a family passcode and I can't reach the previous...: I bought a second hand xbox but it has a family passcode and I can't reach the previous owner . I've tried the support website it just loads. Please help 5a1de90e-6ced-42d6-8694-2ce7ff0ec910
  5. I can't reach the servers?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't reach the servers?: I was trying to login with my Microsoft so I can play Minecraft and it said "Failed to reach the Microsoft authentication servers. Check your internet connection for any issues" This is what a...
  6. I lost my Minecraft account but I can't reach the support what can I try?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my Minecraft account but I can't reach the support what can I try?: They changed the email on the Microsoft account so I cant do the recovery form. c720136d-cb85-41f7-bb32-675613716ca7
  7. Microsoft is shady I am contacting the BBB, I can't even reach a person over my controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft is shady I am contacting the BBB, I can't even reach a person over my controller...: I paid $200 for an elite series controller 5 months ago. The lb button doesn't function properly and the right joystick drifts. So I scratched my head trying to navigate the website, to submit a...
  8. Can't reach Halo Infinite's main menu - Microsoft Account issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't reach Halo Infinite's main menu - Microsoft Account issue: Hi, I've been trying to log in to my Halo Infinite account using steam. like I did for the last few monthes. But this time it shows me this message; [img] d7d34f41-f1c3-41dd-a1b6-c89400175c3c
  9. I can't play Halo Reach campaign on Halo MCC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play Halo Reach campaign on Halo MCC: When I try to open the campaign, the screen goes black, as if it were going to load, but after 3 seconds is goes back to the menu. What do I do? ae77a998-c293-42b1-b954-486ad81f5381
  10. I can't download my legendary edition stuff from halo reach onto the Xbox one

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I can't download my legendary edition stuff from halo reach onto the Xbox one: I can't download the content from the legendary edition of halo reach c1b19dd8-8012-4658-8fb2-b0cf2e821a22