I can't play the same game with different profiles on my PC

Discus and support I can't play the same game with different profiles on my PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I have a Windows PC with 2 user profiles. These profiles each have their separate Xbox accounts and Game Pass subscriptions. I know a single Game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Domvik, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Domvik
    Domvik Guest

Hi!

I have a Windows PC with 2 user profiles. These profiles each have their separate Xbox accounts and Game Pass subscriptions. I know a single Game Pass subscription cannot be shared on PC between users, and I'm fine with it, that is why each profile has its own subscription.

Now I want to play Sea of Thieves in both of these profiles. I can install it without a problem on one of the profiles, but the other profile does not see it as installed. It shows me that I have to install it on that profile too. Which is stupid, I don't want to install a game twice and use twice as much storage. It's the same game for crying out loud!

But even if I try to install it on my second profile its does nothing. Just sits in the queue with 0% progress for eternity.

:)

Domvik, Mar 19, 2023
  2. Belle B Win User

Hi Domvik, my name is Belle. I'd love to help!

I definitely understand your sentiments, however, since it's a separate profile on the same PC, you would still need to download it separately on each profile. Thus, please know that you can share the same subscription on one PC by setting up the Store account and signing in on the Xbox app using your preferred Xbox profile.

You may want to consider setting it that way and for your reference, you can check it here: https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/gaming-and-store-accounts
  3. Mr Boozyhead Win User

Forza Horizon 2 will release in 2014 for Xbox One and Xbox 360

My son is playing on his profile and the car is just floating in mid air and he can't do anything he's even turned it off and played different games then went back to it and still the same problem !! :(
  4. Niko1664 Win User

Move son to his own account

Hi BreeziiKat, really really sorry but you can't. I'm on the same position (one Xbox, one PC at home and 4 players :) ) but from the beginning,
    bought all games on my own account and my child or my wife do the same, so all can play on Xbox or PC with their account "my" games (Home console). This year, my Xbox One X will go to my son like his console and me on Series X. He will lost all previous games
    ok, but with a fresh Game Pass subs, no matter.

Again, i understand, but you can't transfer content between different account, sorry.
  5. PrincessKandy69 Win User

How to share Black Ops 2 Season Pass between two accounts under the x-box Live Gold Family subscription?

I have this same problem. My husband bout season pass to black ops 2 and I made an account on same xbox 360 but I can't play the new maps but he can is there a way to share on same console with different profiles?!
  6. dakota4twenty Win User

please help getting very frustrared bout to break my xbox

ok so i hadnt tried a different profile but just tried my fiances profile and bam same problem it happens both online and offline and on different profiles ahhh i just wanna play this game lol
Thema:

1. I can't play the same game with different profiles on my PC - Similar Threads - can't play same

2. I can't play Minecraft using the same Microsoft account I have always played Minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't play Minecraft using the same Microsoft account I have always played Minecraft...: I have confirmed that the account I am currently signed into has over 1800 Gamerscore for "Minecraft for Windows." I was aware that there was some account migration thing going on, but since I had...
  3. 3 Xbox Consoles - 1 Family and they can't be played at the same time

in XBoX Accessibility
    3 Xbox Consoles - 1 Family and they can't be played at the same time: I have just bought my daughter an Xbox One - S for xmas. I myself have an Xbox X which I also recently bought and my other daughter (A) already has my old console. Daughter A - Logs her Xbox...
  4. Why can't I play ultimate games on cloud gaming when I own them on the same account on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play ultimate games on cloud gaming when I own them on the same account on...: I have the subscription for ultimate gamepass and I am trying to play my games on xbox cloud gaming it won't let me play because I need to "join with a code" or "add subscription" that i already...
  5. Why can't I play two different Xbox consoles on different accounts in the same room?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play two different Xbox consoles on different accounts in the same room?: I have an Xbox One and an Xbox Series X plugged in running side by side on separate live accounts, and a Playstation 4 in another room. They all work fine, except the Xbox Series X. It keeps...
  6. I own MC Dungeons on 2 platforms but can't play them both at the same time?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own MC Dungeons on 2 platforms but can't play them both at the same time?: I own Minecraft dungeons on PC and Switch but I'm unable to sign into multiplayer on both devices because I get a message that I'm signed in on another device. Is it not possible to play both...
  7. ark survival evolved. I can't find the server I play on pc and then play the same server...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ark survival evolved. I can't find the server I play on pc and then play the same server...: ark survival evolved. I can't find the server I play on pc and then play the same server on xbox? in the search from xbox, such a server simply does not exist .......
  8. Why can't I play multiplayer games with my son in the same house?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I play multiplayer games with my son in the same house?: I play on Steam and my son plays on Xbox in the same house. Even though we both have cross play enabled and we both can play cross platform with other friends we cannot play multiplayer games with...
  9. Microsoft Store game-can't play same game on 2 different accounts-Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store game-can't play same game on 2 different accounts-Why?: Wife plays Vegas Downtown Slots-tried to download and play on my laptop (different account and e-mail) and keep getting her game w/ her score. We used to be able to have the same game and...
  10. Two xbox series s can't play together on same games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two xbox series s can't play together on same games.: I have been trying for months to figure this issue out. My brother and I have our own xbox series s' and cannot seem to play any games together at all. The wifi is fine, (ping tends to be at 19ms...