I can't play the game I bought and my xbox keeps saying I need to sign into the account...

Discus and support I can't play the game I bought and my xbox keeps saying I need to sign into the account... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can't play the game I bought and my xbox keeps saying I need to sign into the account that bought it. How can I fix this issue?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ClenchedRobin40, Dec 11, 2022.

1. I can't play the game I bought and my xbox keeps saying I need to sign into the account...

I can't play the game I bought and my xbox keeps saying I need to sign into the account that bought it. How can I fix this issue?

:)

ClenchedRobin40, Dec 11, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

I can't play the game I bought and my xbox keeps saying I need to sign into the account that bought it. How can I fix this issue?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We need to validate first if the game is successfully purchased under the account that you're using. Please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders, from there locate the game order for this game, it should be stated as "completed". Once you have confirmed that it is showing, please remove and re-add your account to re-sync the licenses.

REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​
  3. Lucas A. Cowan Win User

I can’t play my games and I need help.

I’m sorry to say but I still can’t play my game.

It still says and I quote “The person who bought this needs to sign in.

Sign in with the account that bought the game or installed the app.”
  4. FluffyMonkey423 Win User

0x87e10804 error code

Yeah I opened Halo 5 and it keeps kicking me out saying I either need to sign into the account that bought this game (which I did buy on my account) or the error code
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Games say I need to be signed in to the account I bought them on but I am.

Hey there!

What games in particular are you running into this issue with? Do you see the games listed on your
    My Games page? If you don't see them there, that would seem to indicate that the account you are using to check did not purchase the games in question.

Let us know!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines
    and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider
    Program troubleshooting.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Games say I need to be signed in to the account I bought them on but I am.

Is your console set as your home console?
Thema:

I can't play the game I bought and my xbox keeps saying I need to sign into the account...

1. I can't play the game I bought and my xbox keeps saying I need to sign into the account... - Similar Threads - can't play game

2. Can't play multiplayer games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play multiplayer games: Why can't I play multiplayer games on my series s ? I can play single player games tho. Ive reset my console and reinstalled, I've tried everything online which was suggested and even reset my...
  3. Can't play my games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play my games: Every time I try to start a game the Xbox light on the console flashes and I get booted to home but all my streaming apps work... Is it time to get a new Xbox 7851d64a-061e-4492-84fc-35a9eea6a4bb
  4. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  5. Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x: I need to fix my backwards compatible games I try to download my profile on the Xbox 360 dash board on my series x and everytime I try to download it says I can't connect to Xbox live I've tried...
  6. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  7. My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?: Hi! I have a problem with my xbox elite controller series 2. initially I connected my controller via bluetooth on windows 10, then I bought an xbox dongle adapter to reduce latency, but it ended...
  8. My account can't play any game if I try to log in as first player, but if I play as 2nd,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account can't play any game if I try to log in as first player, but if I play as 2nd,...: Glitch in Xbox software. Xbox account glitch. (I don't know what else to put.) 5c10558f-ea38-434f-af08-5f495ec82374
  9. I bought a new external hard drive and I can't play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a new external hard drive and I can't play games.: It's a Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB, Portable External Hard Drive, USB 3.0, I can't play S and X optimized games, how can I fix this. 7c5aa620-e2b9-42d0-b7b9-5633bbf52b9a
  10. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d