I cant play games on my Xbox due to it saying "You're already playing on Xbox One"

Discus and support I cant play games on my Xbox due to it saying "You're already playing on Xbox One" in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I have been playing games like War Thunder alone, and Minecraft and COD Infinite Warfare Zombies with one other friend. Now when I try to open a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by chase bleakley, Jan 23, 2023.

1. I cant play games on my Xbox due to it saying "You're already playing on Xbox One"

So I have been playing games like War Thunder alone, and Minecraft and COD Infinite Warfare Zombies with one other friend. Now when I try to open a game it says "You're already playing on Xbox One, You can only play one game at a time." And I try to end the session but it keeps happening. Plus, my Xbox status says I'm playing Fortnite, even though I deleted Fortnite because I don't play it anymore. I do have my account on one other console, but that's my best friends console and I very much trust him to not use my account. I even changed my PIN. This happened before, but then it stopped so I left it. If anyone could help me, please do. I have tried many things and none have worked. I can't seem to upload a screenshot, so this will have to do.

:)

chase bleakley, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

I cant play games on my Xbox due to it saying "You're already playing on Xbox One"

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Chase, from your description it seems that you share accounts, could suggest a reset on your console, but if you share accounts when you put your account it will assume as main on your console and will exit your friend's console.
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

"You're already playing on Xbox One S"

Hello Benjamin H, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

The message you receive indicating that you are already playing on Xbox One S may appear when there is an account or connection conflict on your Xbox.

Try completely turning off your Xbox One S and then turning it on again. This can help reset any temporary settings or conflicts that may be causing the problem.

Sign out of all accounts Go to your Xbox settings and make sure to sign out of all accounts that are activated on the console. Then, sign in again with your main account and check if the problem persists.

Make sure your Xbox One S is properly connected to the Internet. Check that the cables are securely connected and that you have a stable connection. You can also try restarting your router or modem to make sure there are no connectivity issues.

The system cache on your Xbox One S can accumulate temporary data that can cause problems. Try clearing the cache by following these steps:

Turn off your Xbox One S.
    Disconnect the power cable from the back of the console.
    Wait at least 10 seconds and then reconnect the power cord.
    Turn on your Xbox One S and check if the problem persists.

If none of the above solutions resolve the issue, you may consider resetting your Xbox One S to factory settings. However, keep in mind that this will delete all data and custom settings from your console, so be sure to back up any important information before performing this step.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

"You're already playing on a different Xbox"

Hi FullNeckBeard! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You can't use the same profile on 2 consoles at the same time, each one should have his own Xbox account, you can share the games on 2 consoles by using the home Xbox feature, but the third console will need to purchase the games/suscription again, on disc games this doesn't apply as you can use the disc on any of the consoles
  5. Greyfox72 Win User

A replacement console

hi no it was already to play when i got console so i had to do nothing. but as i played game would it be saved any where i looked on my xbox one profile on smart glass it says i have played game but cant find any save
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

You're already playing elsewhere

Hi Tojameow! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

This could be because you are using cloud gaming in the same console or using a PC to play or a mobile device, you can try login out of all devices, including the console, after that power cycle the console and download the account again
Thema:

1. I cant play games on my Xbox due to it saying "You're already playing on Xbox One" - Similar Threads - cant play games

2. I own games and cant play them without game pass

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own games and cant play them without game pass: I own games diagonally and on disc and i do not have game pass anymore but i have owned these games prior to having game pass and i cant play any of them and it says i need game pass but i own the...
  3. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  4. Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant play older games on windows 10, will microsoft sort something out to fix this issue.: Game is lord of the rings, battle for middle earth 1 and 2. Did some research many people have had this issue and have resorted to downloading dodgy fixes instead of Microsoft allowing old games....
  5. I cant play a game because of Performance Check

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play a game because of Performance Check: I have xbox game pass and I can`t open Hell Let Loose because of ,,Performance check not available...'' i want to mention that i have a good pc with 3060ti and i9 gen10...
  6. I cant play forza 5 with game pass core

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play forza 5 with game pass core: I brought a 3 months xbox gold live voucher and when I redeemed it was not was it said it was and was infact xbox core. This was not what I payed for and was mislead by Xbox which om not happy...
  7. Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?: series x keeps crashing on numerous br cant even play c.o.d d23f1d63-d163-4e5e-a7a1-e82fe542be82
  8. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
  9. Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription: So my brother used to use an xbox one s and just now upgraded to a series x and we used to be able to play at the same time on the same game and now on the new console it kicks us off the game...
  10. I cant play my EA play games on my xbox without paying

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play my EA play games on my xbox without paying: I need help. I linked my EA account that has the ea play with my xbox account but i cant download the games included in the EA play without paying for them can someone help?...