I can't play a Game Pass PC game because I can't choose what save files to use

Discus and support I can't play a Game Pass PC game because I can't choose what save files to use in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've already played several hours on the game Bugsnax with no issues at all but yesterday it stopped working. What happens is that I start the game and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shrekzy, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Shrekzy
    Shrekzy Guest

I've already played several hours on the game Bugsnax with no issues at all but yesterday it stopped working. What happens is that I start the game and then it crashes after about 5 seconds. After the game has crashed I get the window that asks me which save files I want to use, the ones on my computer or the ones on the cloud. Clicking either option does not help since when I attempt to start the game again, the same string of events happen. Game crashes and then the window shows up again. It seems obvious to me then that the game is crashing because it is trying to access my save files but since it doesn't know what files to use it just breaks.

I've already tried resetting my computer and the Xbox app itself but that didn't work.

I thought that maybe if I somehow removed my cloud saves then maybe it would have to go with the only other option which would be the files on my computer. I didn't try this though since I don't know if it is possible and also I'm worried it might make things worse. If it would work then I'm not worried about removing either my computer's save files or the cloud ones since they are from the same day meaning I wouldn't lose that much progress.

Another thing worthy of note: All my other installed games work just as they're supposed to.

:)

Shrekzy, Feb 2, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Shrekzy! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Since the issue is specific to one game only, let's try to verify and repair its game files.

Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    In My Library, select the game title.
    Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.
    Select Files and then Verify and repair.

If we got the same issue after that, please reset the game itself via Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Find the game then Advance options > Reset.
  3. BUDZI0L Win User

Xbox Pass PC

I wrote that i installed game by xbox app with pc pass -_-

Second thing, game is not installed, only files left...files what I can't get into.
  4. ang310c1371av3nd3r Win User

Xbox game pass for PC - uninstalled games still take up storage space

I uninstalled some games from my Xbox game pass (PC) using the uninstall option in the Xbox app (on PC).

But the storage space in my SSD did not return to what it used to be, before the game was installed.

We're talking about upwards of 10Gb. It can't be other files because the drive was solely for games.

Anyone can help?
    cant wait to use it
  5. incognitony Win User

PC game pass game save data access

I don't think you can access save files on Microsoft Store games. I believe all games are sandboxed so that users can't mess with the files. But for games that uses Xbox Live cloud saves, your progress will automatically sync across PCs.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Game Pass on PC: Tropico 6 save file location?

This folder exists on my OneDrive tree, but it is empty. To reiterate, I can view hidden files on my computer, I am admin on my computer, I have full access/modify privileges on my C drive.

I am absolutely baffled about the location of these save files.
    Some of the Game Pass version of these games have been modified by the developer to change the location of the save game. Some PC game pass titles don't even have a local save at all.

For example, Rise of the Tomb Raider, which isn't a Game Pass PC title, but can be bought from the Xbox PC store, stores its save file in an isolated UWP registry which can't be accessed.

Yes, I know it's a crazy system which no other PC distributer uses, and I'm a PC gamer myself. I like the fact the games are their as part of the service, but the implementation needs much improvement. Which is why, unless something is insanely cheap on the store, I usually buy my games from Steam.
Thema:

1. I can't play a Game Pass PC game because I can't choose what save files to use - Similar Threads - can't play Game

2. Can't play multiplayer games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play multiplayer games: Why can't I play multiplayer games on my series s ? I can play single player games tho. Ive reset my console and reinstalled, I've tried everything online which was suggested and even reset my...
  3. Can't play my games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play my games: Every time I try to start a game the Xbox light on the console flashes and I get booted to home but all my streaming apps work... Is it time to get a new Xbox 7851d64a-061e-4492-84fc-35a9eea6a4bb
  4. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  5. Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x: I need to fix my backwards compatible games I try to download my profile on the Xbox 360 dash board on my series x and everytime I try to download it says I can't connect to Xbox live I've tried...
  6. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  7. My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite controller can't be used when playing games on PC, What should i do?: Hi! I have a problem with my xbox elite controller series 2. initially I connected my controller via bluetooth on windows 10, then I bought an xbox dongle adapter to reduce latency, but it ended...
  8. My account can't play any game if I try to log in as first player, but if I play as 2nd,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account can't play any game if I try to log in as first player, but if I play as 2nd,...: Glitch in Xbox software. Xbox account glitch. (I don't know what else to put.) 5c10558f-ea38-434f-af08-5f495ec82374
  9. I bought a new external hard drive and I can't play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a new external hard drive and I can't play games.: It's a Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB, Portable External Hard Drive, USB 3.0, I can't play S and X optimized games, how can I fix this. 7c5aa620-e2b9-42d0-b7b9-5633bbf52b9a
  10. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d