I can’t open up the settings on my Xbox one s nor open up the xbox guide menu when you...

Discus and support I can’t open up the settings on my Xbox one s nor open up the xbox guide menu when you... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve tried unplugging the power cable and restarting my Xbox and don’t know what I should do. Help would be appreciated.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anthony Cas, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Anthony Cas
    Anthony Cas Guest

I can’t open up the settings on my Xbox one s nor open up the xbox guide menu when you...

I’ve tried unplugging the power cable and restarting my Xbox and don’t know what I should do. Help would be appreciated.

:)

Anthony Cas, Jan 23, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

I can’t open up the settings on my Xbox one s nor open up the xbox guide menu when you press the home button.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Kindly try clearing your console’s cache by following the steps below;

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

If it still doesn’t work, try to refresh your operating system and delete all potentially corrupted data that restricts you from using your console normally without deleting your games or apps.​​​​​​​

Note: Make sure that you know your account logins before doing this step. Also, this will remove all your Home Xbox associations.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console.

3. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll select Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Joshua Manrique Win User

Everything says connected to internet except Xbox

I’m still stuck on set-up so I can’t even press the Xbox button to open the guide. I’m very limited in that respect:
  4. DeniqL Win User

How do I set my profile to being able to sign in offline?

Hi,! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

You should first set your console as your account´s home xbox:

Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

Select Make this my home Xbox.

Then, You must be online when you set up Xbox for the first time. Without an internet connection, you can’t finish setup. After your console has updated and you’ve added your profile, you can go offline

Finally set your Xbox to offline

To disconnect your console from the network for offline use only:

Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide.

Select Settings > General > Network settings.

Select Go offline.
  5. XBF Steven R Win User

Xbox One Profile

Hey there MUNSOORALI!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue. Does it say to download your profile on the Xbox One guide, or within the Xbox 360 emulator?

I would say that when the emulator comes up, for you to try pressing both the "menu" and "select" buttons to bring up the Xbox 360 guide. When it's up, go to
    Settings>System Settings>Memory Unit>Profiles and delete your profile. Then open up the guide again and attempt to download your profile from within the emulator.

Give those steps a try and let us know how that helped with the issue or if it affected it at all.

Thanks for reading and have a great one!
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Sidebar not popping up and games not working

I... hmmm.... didn't think of that, sorry. Do you have a mic or Kinect hooked up,

or a digital assistant
    , where you might be able to open settings via voice commands? "Xbox, open Settings"

If not, then with a USB drive you might want to follow the
    Offline System Update process
    which would boot up into a different menu to process that, since you can't get to the guide.
Thema:

1. I can’t open up the settings on my Xbox one s nor open up the xbox guide menu when you... - Similar Threads - can’t open settings

2. When opening my game to play Xbox live on black ops 2 it’s giving me Sorry, can’t connect...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When opening my game to play Xbox live on black ops 2 it’s giving me Sorry, can’t connect...: When opening my game to play Xbox live on black ops 2 it’s giving me Sorry, can’t connect to Xbox live and won’t download my profile to allow me to play online what do I do?...
  3. Can’t open Xbox Insider app on Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t open Xbox Insider app on Xbox: I just updated the Insider app but every time I open it, it closes and gives an error that something went wrong. Anyone else have this issue? submitted by /u/blue132006 [link] [comments]
  4. Why can’t I open my settings even after hard resetting multiple times and why does my Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I open my settings even after hard resetting multiple times and why does my Xbox...: When I turn my Xbox on most times it just stays on the green loading screen for hours and when it does work it freezes within 10 minutes of just in the menu I can’t even play a single game for up...
  5. Microsoft Windows/Xbox games "can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Windows/Xbox games "can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be...: So after much consideration, I decided to move my internally installed 8TB M.2 NVMe SSD (Corsair MP400) drive which was set as the D: drive; to an externally connected USB-C/Thunderbolt M.2 format...
  6. My home screen is a black screen and I can’t open any apps

in XBoX on Windows
    My home screen is a black screen and I can’t open any apps: when I turn it on it lets me login but then all it tells me is “something went wrong”. I can open my menu with the Xbox button but I can only open settings nothing else will open....
  7. Xbox app does not open, can’t install AoE II DE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app does not open, can’t install AoE II DE: Last night, I did a Windows update with Windows 11, version 22H2. This morning, I wanted to start playing “Age of Empires II: Definite Edition” and I received an error message asking me to go...
  8. NAT Open but can’t join games when invited

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NAT Open but can’t join games when invited: Hello, Been having issues when joining games when invited by friends on Xbox One. Particularly GTA 5. My NAT settings are open, finally after trying to fix it for the last 3 days. I now receive...
  9. <Title here> can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    <Title here> can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or...: I am on PC and using Xbox ultimate. For a long bit I have had to deal with "<Title Here> can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected." on basically...
  10. Microsoft store has an update but progress is frozen and I can’t open any apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store has an update but progress is frozen and I can’t open any apps: I was having an issue with the system update not going through but I did an offline update. Now that I have access to my Xbox, every app I try to open says “app took too long to start (error...