I can't Leave my Microsoft Family

Discus and support I can't Leave my Microsoft Family in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have two Microsoft accounts, one for my Xbox and one for my computer. For some reason, they were put in a family together. I was on the family... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sruge, May 10, 2023.

1. Sruge
    Sruge Guest

I have two Microsoft accounts, one for my Xbox and one for my computer. For some reason, they were put in a family together. I was on the family organizer account, but when I tried to remove the child account or remove myself, it says "We’re having trouble and can’t remove ______ from your family group right now. Refresh or wait and try again." I also cannot remove the child account, because it will just say "Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for _____ can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted _____ consent to remove _____ from the family group." When I attempt to manage the child's account consent, there are no settings on the page I can change, it is just a blank screen.

:)

Sruge, May 10, 2023
  2. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben an Independent Advisor and a fellow Xbox gamer. Hope you are doing well!

Can you tell us what device have you tried so far to manage and remove the other account? If it is added as a member or child then only the adult account can remove it. But no worries let us try to troubleshoot it.

What I suggest is to try using a different device or browser to remove or manage the account. You may try the steps below to manage the other account to remove it:

1. You can actually try to create an alternate account that will serve as a parent if you still cannot remove it. If you don't have one you can create at https://signup.live.com page.

2. Using the parent account sign in via https://account.microsoft.com/family page and add the other account.

3. Accept the invitation using the other account.

4. Using the parent account created, go to the https://account.microsoft.com/family page again to manage the child account.

5. Under the child account, click elipsis or 3 dots button and choose the Manage option.

There you may change the date of birth of the child account and remove any restrictions. Or you may also choose to leave the family group using your main account instead after having another adult account added as a substitute.

I hope the above steps work for you but if not, please do let us know and we will try to assist you with the best of our knowledge.

Kind regards,

Ben
  3. Kathy A. Win User

I can't leave my Microsoft family.

Hello DeanDayton,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand how important it is for you to leave your Microsoft Family to manage your own finances and games. We have read that you already posted same question few months ago and was advised to tell your parents (organizer) to remove you from Microsoft Family. Since you wrote back with the same concern and information that your Family group organizer cannot remove you from the group. We encourage you to contact live support team for assistance about your account.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.

[​IMG]

3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Dqnk. Win User

Microsoft Family - I Can't leave my own family

I am also having this problem. Every time I try to view it takes me to the "why can't I change my privacy settings" page!
  5. Andrew_Kerr17 Win User

I am having the exact same issue. I am an adult, but as I am the only member of the family group I am not allowed to leave it. It prevents me from playing multiplayer Minecraft with my family, and the only way to get out of that is by leaving the family group which I cannot do. Is there a way around this?
  6. AlexPLpz Win User

same here, I'm trying to look for a solution to this and I can't find anything
Thema:

1. I can't Leave my Microsoft Family - Similar Threads - can't Leave Microsoft

2. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backward-compatible games I have tried soft resets, and hard resets on both console and router, clearing the Mac address, and changing to Manual DNS settings and I...
  3. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  4. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  5. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  6. Can't message

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't message: Can't message to other gamers 940583d9-eb4b-45d7-8ffe-8fff61521ad6
  7. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  8. Why can't I leave my family group?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I leave my family group?: A long time ago, my father added my Microsoft access to a family group, and after a few years he left the family group. But my account was stuck and couldn't be deleted I always get the...
  9. hello, I have an account 13 plus and minecraft and microsoft but I still can't leave the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    hello, I have an account 13 plus and minecraft and microsoft but I still can't leave the...: I tried a lot of times but I still can't leave, and the family "manager" can't log in at the moment 514e1dcd-d3fc-4458-b627-42a63cd80ad0
  10. I was put in a family by someone I don't know and can't leave

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was put in a family by someone I don't know and can't leave: I was put in a family by a stranger and can't leave d12198a6-8d84-4b25-a655-7d851db801b7