I can’t join my friends multiplayer world

Discus and support I can’t join my friends multiplayer world in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When loading into a multiplayer server that my friend is play the connecting to multiplayer world was taking a very long time to finish and soon if I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by andrei siwa, May 31, 2023.

1. andrei siwa
    andrei siwa Guest

When loading into a multiplayer server that my friend is play the connecting to multiplayer world was taking a very long time to finish and soon if I wait for to long it says connection timed out unable to connect to world or just unable to connect to world. I tried refreshing Minecraft, being invited unfriending refriending, trying to join changing to my 2nd wifi, clearing storage even if it has lots of storage left
    I can’t join my friends multiplayer world [​IMG]
    and after 2 days a message showing me something might be the reason why I cant join

:)

andrei siwa, May 31, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Andrei! Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's do our best here to get this sorted out.

May I know the device/platform you're using to play the game? Is it a Bedrock or Java Edition?

What's your Minecraft version? Please ask your friend to confirm his Minecraft game version. You should be on the same version.

It's also possible that it may be an issue on his end. Please instruct him to power cycle his network devices such as modem and router or gateway.

To further isolate the issue, have you tried playing other Xbox games if you could join multiplayer just fine?
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

can’t join friends world and friend can’t join my world on Minecraft

Hey guys

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently unable to join any of your Friends on Minecraft.

Even though you may have an Open NAT type, there still could be certain network configurations that could be preventing you from joining your friends, especially if you are using something like a community network.

You might have to perform port forwarding on your router in order for you to be able to open up the ports necessary for Xbox Live to work as effectively as possible.

I will provide the
    networks ports used by Xbox Live
    here for your convenience:

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)

You can find out how to port forward by visiting the
    port forward website
    , additionally, remember that you have to have a static IP address on both your console and your network in order for this to work.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  4. Gooni3zGaming Win User

Thanks for sharing this, this is definitely the best coarse of action for anyone dealing with NAT issues.

This maybe hard for some people to get there heads around but there are some great videos on youtube to run you through the process!
  5. MerSauta Win User

It might be the college internet due to their firewall and not letting some ports through. I had a friend with the same problem with connecting to Xbox Live, then later he found out that his college was blocking all ports for Xbox Live and was out
    of luck. But in your case, It sounds like the ports for Minecraft is being blocked?

Try these as well with the ports posted above:

Minecraft - Xbox One

• UDP:1935, 3478-3480
  6. JosiahHarding Win User

Minecraft and Xbox app issues with Multiplayer.

I have the same problem! I can join other people’s worlds, but when i create a world people can’t join my world even when I invite them. I have cellular data does that have anything to do with it? When i go into settings in Minecraft it wont let me turn
    on friends of friends. Please Help! It is ios.
Thema:

1. I can’t join my friends multiplayer world - Similar Threads - can’t join friends

2. Can’t join friend on Battlefield 2042 and they can’t join me (Xbox series x)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t join friend on Battlefield 2042 and they can’t join me (Xbox series x): My friend and I both have game pass core but we’re unable to join each other on battlefield 2042. It is saying we need to get game pass. We have tried signing out of our profile, restarting the...
  3. Can’t join a friend’s game.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t join a friend’s game.: My son purchased an Xbox Live Gold pass and loaded it under his username. He has a child account, and I control the parental restrictions. I have it set to where he can communicate with friends,...
  4. My one of my friends can’t join me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My one of my friends can’t join me: So when I play tectonica or farming simulator 22 one of my friends can’t join me but all my other friends can, so he will use the invite I give him to join and it will start to load then after a...
  5. Can’t join my friend on bo3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t join my friend on bo3: I’m trying to play bo3 zombie but I’m unable to join or invite friends I believe it is the mat type but I’m using military WiFi so I am unable to change the nat type. Any way to go around this?...
  6. Why can’t my friend join my world when she comes over?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my friend join my world when she comes over?: Me and my friend play Minecraft a lot but but when she comes over it doesn’t work. We are on the same internet (which works fine) and we both have the same versions of Minecraft. This has not...
  7. Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?: My audio and party settings are set to everyone and both of my discord and Xbox accounts are linked. I am able to stream fine but for some reason they cannot hear me. I was wondering if they...
  8. Past few days can’t join parties and disconnects when friends join mine

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Past few days can’t join parties and disconnects when friends join mine: Past few days Xbox been acting up can’t join parties and I disconnect whenever someone joins mine, I’ve been getting more and more frustrated. I’ve done everything, restart router, test nat type,...
  9. Can’t join friends in certain games

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t join friends in certain games: I don’t know if it’s just terraria but my sister had a child account and we tried to join each other in terraria but it gave us a notification saying the parent had to change the online safety...
  10. Can’t join 1 series X friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t join 1 series X friend: Me and my buddy have been trying to figure out what has been happening with me and him not being able to join each other so we gathered a few more guys and they can join both of us but we can not...