I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002)

Discus and support I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I try installing the xbox app with the installer I get this error: it seems that something went wrong, we could not install the app (0x80070002)... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vilius Bag., May 22, 2023.

  1. Vilius Bag.
    Vilius Bag. Guest

    I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002)


    When I try installing the xbox app with the installer I get this error: it seems that something went wrong, we could not install the app (0x80070002)


    I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002) [​IMG]


    When I try to install it with the .appx I get this:


    I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002) [​IMG]


    And when I try installing it with the Microsoft Store I get this:


    I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002) [​IMG]


    Please help me! Is there a way to install it by powershell, cmd or something else?

    Doing a windows in place upgrade or updating it didn´t work, also the dism, chkdsk and sfc /scannow commands didn´t help and I don´t want to do a clean install of windows.

    PLEASE, there must be a way to solve this without erasing everything, I have other computers with windows 11, I could even copy their system files to paste them here or the app files or something but I don´t know which ones.

    This is my windows version:


    I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002) [​IMG]


    Please help me, thank you for your attention

    :)
     
    Vilius Bag., May 22, 2023
    #1
  2. CarTzy Win User

    I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002)

  3. CarTzy Win User

    I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002)

    Hello!

    We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.


    [​IMG]


    Thank you for understanding.
  4. CarTzy Win User

    I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002)

    Hello Vilius Bag.,

    Good to know that the troubleshooting helped. For the Microsoft Store download issue, you may perform the following steps.

    Method 1:

    Make sure your Windows OS is up to date.

    Method 2:

    make sure the date and time are set correctly

    Method 3:

    make sure you have enough storage

    you can also try changing the download location.

    Method 4:

    open settings

    search for troubleshooting apps

    In the Microsoft Store, click Find and fix issues.

    Method 5:

    reset the microsoft store

    go to settings

    app

    apps and features

    find the microsoft store

    click advanced options.

    click reset.

    if this doesn't work

    click remove.

    Method 6:

    Try booting into safe mode.

    Windows starts your PC in safe mode (microsoft.com)

    if there is no problem with safe mode, boot to normal mode and update all drivers, especially display drivers, to the latest version.

    If the problem persists, perform a clean boot.

    How to perform a clean boot on Windows (microsoft.com)

    Clean boot allows you to identify and remove third-party programs that are causing this problem.

    Method 7:

    Search for PowerShell and run it as an administrator

    enter the command below

    "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + 'AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

    [table][tr]
    "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + 'AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    [/tr][/table]

    Please let me know if this helps.
  5. Vilius Bag. Win User

    I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002)

    Thank you, I found a way to install xbox app and your solution helped me a lot, but now I would like to ask if you could help me with this problem:

    When I try to install any app in Microsoft Store I get this error 0x80070002


    [​IMG]


    I asked it before but the only answer after several tries to help was to do a clean installation of windows but I don´t want to do that and doing an in place upgrade saving the files and apps didn´t help :(

    Any solution please? Or maybe you could tell me which system files could be corrupt to replace them please?

    Have a good day
  6. Vilius Bag. Win User

    I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002)

    Thank you, unfortunately I have too many apps and I don´t want to do that :(
Thema:

I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002)

Loading...
  1. I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002) - Similar Threads - can´t install app

  2. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  3. XBOX Insiders Can Join the Chicken Invaders Collection Preview Today!

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insiders Can Join the Chicken Invaders Collection Preview Today!: [IMG] The chickens are invading, and we need your help! XBOX Insiders can join the Chicken Invaders Collection preview today. Check the XBOX Insider Hub to join. Jump in, take on the invasion,...
  4. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  5. Can xbox gamepass be available in Nigeria ?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can xbox gamepass be available in Nigeria ?: My microsoft account already supports my region but why cant have gamepass in that region as well this is more of a suggestion if its possible to make it available in nigeria cause sometimes...
  6. Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?

    in XboX Insiders
    Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?: My tv is Hisense 55e7kpro with chipset of mediatek pentonic 700(MT9618). But I have a confusion because according to this announcement...
  7. Accessibility feedback: QR codes can create barriers

    in XboX Insiders
    Accessibility feedback: QR codes can create barriers: I recently joined the Xbox Accessibility Insider League and completed one of the accessibility activities. One thing I noticed is that the activity used a QR code to bring me to the Xbox...
  8. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  9. Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Can I leave Xbox Insider after using the disc-to-digital feature?: I’m thinking about joining the Xbox Insider Program mainly to try out the new disc-to-digital feature once it becomes available. My question is, after I use the feature, can I leave the Insider...
  10. I can´t install Xbox App

    in XBoX on Windows
    I can´t install Xbox App: I am trying to install minceraft but if i i try to open the launcher, i get an error: Failed to initialize GDK. Please make sure Xbox App and Gaming Services are up to date and running. So i...