I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002)

Discus and support I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I try installing the xbox app with the installer I get this error: it seems that something went wrong, we could not install the app (0x80070002)... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vilius Bag., May 22, 2023.

1. Vilius Bag.
    Vilius Bag. Guest

When I try installing the xbox app with the installer I get this error: it seems that something went wrong, we could not install the app (0x80070002)

I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002) [​IMG]

When I try to install it with the .appx I get this:

And when I try installing it with the Microsoft Store I get this:

Please help me! Is there a way to install it by powershell, cmd or something else?

Doing a windows in place upgrade or updating it didn´t work, also the dism, chkdsk and sfc /scannow commands didn´t help and I don´t want to do a clean install of windows.

PLEASE, there must be a way to solve this without erasing everything, I have other computers with windows 11, I could even copy their system files to paste them here or the app files or something but I don´t know which ones.

This is my windows version:

Please help me, thank you for your attention

:)

Vilius Bag., May 22, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Vilius Bag.,

Good to know that the troubleshooting helped. For the Microsoft Store download issue, you may perform the following steps.

Method 1:

Make sure your Windows OS is up to date.

Method 2:

make sure the date and time are set correctly

Method 3:

make sure you have enough storage

you can also try changing the download location.

Method 4:

open settings

search for troubleshooting apps

In the Microsoft Store, click Find and fix issues.

Method 5:

reset the microsoft store

go to settings

app

apps and features

find the microsoft store

click advanced options.

click reset.

if this doesn't work

click remove.

Method 6:

Try booting into safe mode.

Windows starts your PC in safe mode (microsoft.com)

if there is no problem with safe mode, boot to normal mode and update all drivers, especially display drivers, to the latest version.

If the problem persists, perform a clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot on Windows (microsoft.com)

Clean boot allows you to identify and remove third-party programs that are causing this problem.

Method 7:

Search for PowerShell and run it as an administrator

enter the command below

"& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + 'AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

[table][tr]
    "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + 'AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    [/tr][/table]

Please let me know if this helps.
  5. Vilius Bag. Win User

Thank you, I found a way to install xbox app and your solution helped me a lot, but now I would like to ask if you could help me with this problem:

When I try to install any app in Microsoft Store I get this error 0x80070002

[​IMG]

I asked it before but the only answer after several tries to help was to do a clean installation of windows but I don´t want to do that and doing an in place upgrade saving the files and apps didn´t help :(

Any solution please? Or maybe you could tell me which system files could be corrupt to replace them please?

Have a good day
  6. Vilius Bag. Win User

Thank you, unfortunately I have too many apps and I don´t want to do that :(
Thema:

1. I can´t install xbox app because I get this error (0x80070002) - Similar Threads - can´t install app

2. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  3. Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...: Yes I dropped my Xbox One off the shelf and now at power zone for 10 seconds shows a Xbox One logo and power is off so there's no trouble shooting can be done any ideas Would be greatly...
  4. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  5. can you optimize for series s/x these games

in XBoX Accessibility
    can you optimize for series s/x these games: 1 crash team racing nitro fueled 2 crash n sane triligoy 3 spyro reignited triligoy 4 gears of war 4 5 mx vs atv all out 6 megaman 11 7 red dead redemtion 2 8 star wars battlefront 2 ea 9...
  6. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  7. Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?: A friend on Xbox keeps reporting my account that ends up getting comms banned then his reasoning is that I "just deserve it" he keeps saying I'm for the streets, and many worse things but I know...
  8. Xbox won''t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won''t connect: My wifi would not connect to my Xbox even when it connects to the rest of the house. I have done the things it told me to do and it still couldn't connect. What should I do about this?...
  9. How can I fix the USB port on the Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix the USB port on the Xbox series X?: My USB port is not working. eb61813a-29d9-401d-9798-10dd411f2927
  10. I can´t install Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    I can´t install Xbox App: I am trying to install minceraft but if i i try to open the launcher, i get an error: Failed to initialize GDK. Please make sure Xbox App and Gaming Services are up to date and running. So i...