i cant install games

Discus and support i cant install games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; whenever i go on the pc game pass app and try to install a game it just gives me the error 0x87e00196 can someone please help... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by pokehunter88, Oct 18, 2022.

1. pokehunter88
    pokehunter88 Guest

i cant install games

whenever i go on the pc game pass app and try to install a game it just gives me the error 0x87e00196 can someone please help

:)

pokehunter88, Oct 18, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

i cant install games

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

pokehunter88, analyzing your error, normally it is solved like this:

Let's try to reinstall and repair it.

Take it easy ok? May be in another language

Hold Win + I and go to Apps > Apps & Features.

locate Gaming Service and tap the menu button (...).

Advanced Options > Reset.

click Reset and confirm.

Later:

Win + X and select Windows Terminal (Admin).

Enter the command below:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

Wait for it to complete, and then type this other command:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

When it finishes installing, restart your PC and see if the error remains

Go to your windows update and click on get updates

After updating

See which version is your windows this way, and tell me

The version consists of 4 digits

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402739...

And then go to the Microsoft Store, select More > Downloads & updates > Get updates.

Update everything in both places, and let me know if it works

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. Mister Quasar Win User

i cant install a game

Hi xXMoose man83Xx!

We're sorry to hear about the trouble - to check, do you see the same issue when trying to install any other games from disc on that console?

The
    Xbox One Disc Guide
    has some troubleshooting steps that may help; can you run through those and let us know how that goes?
  4. Rostom L Win User

i cant install a game

Hi G! Let’s work on this together.

May I know what game is it specifically you redeemed on your account? Please confirm it on your order history https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ if it’s showing there. Click on the game order there and provide me here the store link of the game for me to check the version here.
  5. Francia J. Win User

I cant install this game

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

The game is a backwards-compatible game, if you're looking in getting the game for your Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and even on your Xbox 360 console you can buy it here and make sure that you're using the correct Microsoft account:

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Iron...
  6. Tomm_A Win User

I cant install games

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Thema:

i cant install games

1. i cant install games - Similar Threads - cant install games

2. Cant install forza 4 with game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install forza 4 with game pass.: Im using windows 10. im trying to install forza 4 but it is giving me 0x803f8007 error. This issue is only with this game. Please let me know any fixes. bd82c78e-1998-4835-83bc-ec6f67d55fa7
  3. Cant install Game Services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install Game Services: Im trying to install game services on my Acre 5 windows 11 laptop, every time I try to install it is states there has been an Error on the MS store page, I have done the Powershell stuff, turned...
  4. Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005: my games will download all the way until the end, when its about to finish I get an error , I try to restart and get the same thing every time. 5218a110-5124-4741-a1f4-fd146c0771b1
  5. i cant install any games from the xbox game pass on my pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant install any games from the xbox game pass on my pc.: i have been having this problem for a very long time. back when halo infinite first came out. i can not install any games that are on the game pass. i can only install them if i actually buy...
  6. HELPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I CANT INSTALL GAMING SERVICES AND I CANT PLAY...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I CANT INSTALL GAMING SERVICES AND I CANT PLAY...: Ok so when I try installing minecraft and gaming services aswell BUT here is the problem THIS STUPID ANNOYING ERROR POPS UP!!! IT SHOWS UP THIS DUMB IDIOTIC 0x80246008 ERROR CAN PLEASE ANYONE HELP...
  7. Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?)

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?): *EDIT*** The issue might be caused by the other SSD. So Normally I use my E: Drive as the location for my game installs, but for some reason Xbox/Microsoft will not install anymore games onto it....
  8. I cant install Starfield Premium Edition Content on Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant install Starfield Premium Edition Content on Game Pass.: Split from this thread. It only allows me to play the Premium Edition in cloud gaming mode, but allows me to download the non-premium version. The Old Mars dlc pack is available but not the...
  9. Checked the Help File. Confirmed I Have Game Pass, Have The Pass Installed - - - Cant Run...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Checked the Help File. Confirmed I Have Game Pass, Have The Pass Installed - - - Cant Run...: Xbox Series X GamePass confirmed (tried running Deathloop to check) Premium Pass bought. Everything reinstalled again, all 120ish GB. Tried to run "Too Early". Go to Manage, game showing...
  10. I cant install Starfield Premium Edition Content on Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant install Starfield Premium Edition Content on Game Pass.: When I click on the Premium Edition Content Link it says purchase options not available. When I scroll down the screen it says Cannot be installed on a Windows 10 device in S-mode (I am using...