I cant install, cancel, delete and of my games on the Xbox pc app

Discus and support I cant install, cancel, delete and of my games on the Xbox pc app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The app just doesn't want to work. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling the gaming services. Repairing resetting and terminating all the apps.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jack Parker3, May 13, 2023.

1. Jack Parker3
    Jack Parker3 Guest

The app just doesn't want to work. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling the gaming services. Repairing resetting and terminating all the apps. downgraded to windows 11. Absolutely everything. Nothing works. I was trying to install doom 1993 and it did 1% then stayed at that ever since, cant cancel the download. Tried repairing halo infinite, did the same thing.

:)

Jack Parker3, May 13, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Jack Parker3,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are having issues installing games using the Xbox app. Allow me to provide you with some troubleshooting steps to follow to try and fix the issue.

Restart your device then proceed with the troubleshooting.

Make sure Windows is up to date

1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    2. On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    3. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
    4. Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    5. Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    For more info, go to:

Windows Update

Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date

1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    2. Select Library.
    3. Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Make sure the game is up to date

1. Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    2. In My Library, select the game title.
    3. Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    4. Select Files and then Check for updates.

Make sure you’re signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account

When you open the Xbox app on your device, be sure you sign in to the app using your own Xbox account. You may also need to be signed in to the Store (xbox.com) in order to play a purchased game.

To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

For help with signing in, go to:

Sign in to Xbox

Repair the game

1. Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    2. In My Library, select the game title.
    3. Select the More options () button and choose Manage.
    4. Select Files and then Verify and repair.

Remove and reinstall Gaming Services

Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Uninstall and reinstall the game

If you're having trouble getting a game to play, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game might help. Occasionally, game files may get corrupted or altered, especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

Some games can even repair the original files without you having to remove the game completely. However, if you installed the game from the Microsoft Store, you'll only be able to completely uninstall and reinstall the game. For more info, follow the steps in:

How to install and uninstall a PC game on a Windows device

Troubleshooting reference: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

If issue would persist, please proceed with the additional troubleshooting steps.

Delete Temp Files

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

Troubleshoot Store Apps

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Get Updates for Store and Games

Get updates for apps and games in Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

I hope the troubleshooting will help. Looking forward for your response.
  4. HabilZeynalov Win User

Games not start download and I can't cancel downloading

I do everything but nothing change and , My installed games not start and not uninstall I cant do anything and in pc xbox and my installed games just take ~200 gb memory I can't delete these Xbox just not working its terrible
  5. apexadam Win User

Can’t launch any games from game pass pc

I resolved by uninstalling and deleting all references to Xbox in my system. Cleaning, updating, then reinstalling the Xbox PC App.

Then everything installed.

It wasn't a game that was failing it was the MS App loading into a black screen and hanging.
  6. GatemaNametag Win User

Corrupted game & app files on profile

Are you installing these apps on the internal drive of your console?

Can you try the following, if you have an external USB 3.0 drive with at least 256GB capacity:

Connect that USB drive to your console and have the console prepare it as storage for games and apps (this will erase everything on the drive, so make sure you don't have important data on it, or have it backed up on your PC).

In the System settings under storage, choose the new USB drive as the standard storage drive.

Go to "My Games and Apps" and go to your installation queue. Cancel all downloads.

Under My Games and Apps find a partial installation that is giving you trouble. Hulu for example.

Press the Menu button, and manage the Hulu installation.

Delete/uninstall everything and stay on that screen until the console has finished uninstalling/deleting Hulu and everything associated to it.

If the console is finished, you should see the App being ready to install.

Try to install the app again from that screen.

Did that work?
    Same thing with black ops. If i cancel the download, there is nothinf associated with it under "manage" for me to delete. Not a thing. No delete option either. And if i try to install again, it will just make it to the same 18.36% and stop.
Thema:

1. I cant install, cancel, delete and of my games on the Xbox pc app - Similar Threads - cant install cancel

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  4. why I cant install racing wheel drivers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why I cant install racing wheel drivers?: why I cant install racing wheel drivers? I get this error and cant solve the problem, help me to solve this please... 4143c1d7-679e-4aa1-aecb-9597383a149c
  5. Cant install forza horizon 5 error code 0x800700e9

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant install forza horizon 5 error code 0x800700e9: Whenever i try to install fh5 it says error code 0x800700e9 i have tried all fixes here none worked sadly. 240eb851-c7e0-4a4c-a86c-9f5831acc834
  6. EA Sports FC 24. Just bought it on MS Store but cant install on PC. Refund needed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA Sports FC 24. Just bought it on MS Store but cant install on PC. Refund needed: Hello everyone, Dont know if it is a common issue, but today on MS Store I saw a 70% OFF on EA Sports FC 24 so i went ahead and bought it, mind you I was on my PC (logged on both XBOX and EA...
  7. Cant install forza 4 with game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install forza 4 with game pass.: Im using windows 10. im trying to install forza 4 but it is giving me 0x803f8007 error. This issue is only with this game. Please let me know any fixes. bd82c78e-1998-4835-83bc-ec6f67d55fa7
  8. Installing Anything But Cant Give a Installation Path

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing Anything But Cant Give a Installation Path: If i want to download and install the Minecraft Launcher it says to me hey where do u want to install it fine until here. But then if i try to select a folder like a newly created one by myself...
  9. Cant install appx files

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install appx files: I'm trying to download an appx file, but I just used a Windows batch file for optimization and it seems to have deleted the app installer. I re-downloaded them from the Microsoft Store and...
  10. when i try to install battlefront 2 on my pc the button cant load up but when i try to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when i try to install battlefront 2 on my pc the button cant load up but when i try to...: when i try pressing the not loaded button nothing happens and when i wait long for it load it doesnt load up anyone had it something like this ? 230979fa-8408-4894-9bc5-d7588fad5554