I can't install any games on GamePass PC

Discus and support I can't install any games on GamePass PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I can't install any games on gamepass pc. Everytime that I try I get blue screen and need to do system restore. Is there anything I can do?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Topalordek00, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Topalordek00
    Topalordek00 Guest

Hi

I can't install any games on gamepass pc. Everytime that I try I get blue screen and need to do system restore. Is there anything I can do?

:)

Topalordek00, Mar 13, 2022
  2. Topalordek00 Win User

Hi, XBF-JoannaDark

First of all thanks for help. I didn't noticed at first but i got Avira on my pc. So I deleted it and everything is fine right now. Again thanks for help.
  3. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hello Topalordek00,

Could you please also file a bug for me and once you have done this let me know. We want to further look into this Blue screen issue.

Submitting a bug through the Xbox App

1. Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon
    2. Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu
    3. Select “Report a problem
    4. Click "Give new feedback"
    5. Add [Xbox Forum] in “Summarize your feedback” followed by a feedback summary

Please name it the following way [Xbox Forum] PC blue screen when attempting to install XGP games [ Topalordek00]
    6. Category should automatically be selected.
    7. Once complete, post the title of the bug report along with the submission date in this thread
    Thank you
  4. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hi, Topalordek00,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. Thank you for reaching out to Xbox Forums. You are experiencing Blue screen issues when installing PC Game Pass games. I am happy to help and provide suggestions that may be causing this issue and see if we can find a resolution.

Solution 1: DISABLE YOUR SECURITY SOFTWARE

Antivirus and malware checkers can close down or prevent specific applications from launching, even if they are legitimate and safe.

Open Windows Defender and turn off real-time protection.

• In the Cortana search box, type "Windows Security."
    • Open "Windows Security" > "Virus & Threat protection" > "Manage settings"
    • Disable "Real-time protection."

[​IMG]

Stop Windows Defender from blocking Xbox App by adding the launcher to the exclusions list.

• Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
    • Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings, and then under Exclusions, select Add or remove exclusions.
    • Select Add an exclusion, and then select Xbox App. A folder exclusion will apply to all subfolders within the folder as well.
    Temporarily disable your security program(s) before launching installing any games.

False positives occur when your antivirus software incorrectly identifies safe software as malicious. If your antivirus or anti-malware falsely flagged the Xbox app, remove the file from quarantine, if necessary, then whitelist Xbox app. To do so, follow the instructions from your manufacturer.

Sample of Virus & malware checkers that have been known to prevent Xbox App from launching or installing games:

• Malwarebytes
      • Norton & Norton Utilities Ultimate
      • Trend Micro Maximum Security
      • Comodo Antivirus
      • Sophos
      • Emisoft Anti-Malware
      • Avira
      • Avast & Avast Cleanup
      • Bullguard

Try to install games after going through these steps.

Solution 2: How to open MSConfig in Windows 10/11

From the taskbar, search System Configuration.

Select the top result, System Configuration desktop app.

Then Go to the Services tab.

Select Hide all Microsoft services box, so you don't accidentally disable Windows Services.

Select Disable all and restart the windows

See if that fixed the issue.

Solution 3: Task manager

Right-click on the windows start menu and select task manager.

Then click on the Start-up tab

, click on the programs in the windows, and disable them

Restart PC and attempt to install games

Let's start with this and see if these suggestions resolve your problem. Please let me know.

Thank you
  5. KillerBBQ Win User

Can't install any GamePass games on PC

Thanks for the advice @jesse, this did bring back the F drive but... now my original issue has returned 🤦

[​IMG]
  6. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Can't install any games on gamepass (pc)

Thema:

1. I can't install any games on GamePass PC - Similar Threads - can't install games

2. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  3. I can't install games (please help me)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't install games (please help me): Hello and welcome to my personal hell the last 2 days. My computer refuses to install games from the Xbox app. I can click the install button, but cannot choose a folder within my hard drive to...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install any Ubisoft game through Game Pass: Hello, I can't seem to install any Ubisoft game on the Xbox pc app only three dots come up on the install button. I've tried to Uninstall other apps/games but that hasn't worked please help me....
  6. Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80073d19 - Can't install new games/Minecraft: Can't seem to figure this one out. Says "Something unexpected happened." and gives this error code 0x80073d19 602466b2-0b6b-4706-bb99-8d1704e3fb73
  7. I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...: I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to 17.1% I have tried different methods, but nothing works... fc8861b4-2237-4daa-9aab-13e01e78d2eb
  8. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...
  9. I can't install Gaming Services, what can i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Gaming Services, what can i do?: Hello all, for a few Months, i had the same repeating Problem when i try to download Games on my PC. It tells me that i need to download Gaming Services for the Game to run, so i click download...
  10. Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass on PC won't install Warhammer 40K: Darktide, stuck at 40%. Can't pause the...: I have seen this post regarding many games in general none coming to a resolution so i am hoping to get to one. I have updated Windows as of today 12 October 2023. I have updated Xbox app and...