i cant install a game because it says the file is corrupt but its on gamepass how do i fix it

Discus and support i cant install a game because it says the file is corrupt but its on gamepass how do i fix it in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; im trying to installl a game through game pass but it wont work and says file is corrupt how do i fix the install 6cb54b22-e284-4d18-beda-6917875c971c Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Gunnar K Tootill, Feb 1, 2023.

1. i cant install a game because it says the file is corrupt but its on gamepass how do i fix it

im trying to installl a game through game pass but it wont work and says file is corrupt how do i fix the install

:)

Gunnar K Tootill, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

i cant install a game because it says the file is corrupt but its on gamepass how do i fix it

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If I may ask, are you on an Xbox console or PC?

If you're on an Xbox console, do you have an external hard drive?
  3. JasonEsketit Win User

Forza Horizon 4 close on start up

Its fixed by reinstalling yes. So my files got corrupted because I restarted my pc during installation. A clean reinstall fixed it
  4. WirelessTrash9 Win User

Can't play Gears of War 2 whit my profile

how i check the game file in my profile?

if have check the files in storage and none say its corrupted and the game is installed from a disc

also can i request some one who speak spanish? i don't thin i have explained right my problem because english is my second language
  5. Francia J. Win User

My game file says its corrupted but I can't do what it says

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Do you have an external hard drive plugged into your console? If yes, please unplug the external hard drive and then perform a powercycle before installing the game. Make sure to keep the hard drive unplugged.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  6. SinanSsS Win User

Xbox app not detecting drives

same here.. i just got my gamepass newly but because of this problem cant install anything. pls fix asap.
Thema:

1. i cant install a game because it says the file is corrupt but its on gamepass how do i fix it - Similar Threads - cant install game

2. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  3. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  4. Cant install forza 4 with game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install forza 4 with game pass.: Im using windows 10. im trying to install forza 4 but it is giving me 0x803f8007 error. This issue is only with this game. Please let me know any fixes. bd82c78e-1998-4835-83bc-ec6f67d55fa7
  5. Cant install Game Services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install Game Services: Im trying to install game services on my Acre 5 windows 11 laptop, every time I try to install it is states there has been an Error on the MS store page, I have done the Powershell stuff, turned...
  6. Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005: my games will download all the way until the end, when its about to finish I get an error , I try to restart and get the same thing every time. 5218a110-5124-4741-a1f4-fd146c0771b1
  7. i cant install any games from the xbox game pass on my pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant install any games from the xbox game pass on my pc.: i have been having this problem for a very long time. back when halo infinite first came out. i can not install any games that are on the game pass. i can only install them if i actually buy...
  8. HELPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I CANT INSTALL GAMING SERVICES AND I CANT PLAY...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I CANT INSTALL GAMING SERVICES AND I CANT PLAY...: Ok so when I try installing minecraft and gaming services aswell BUT here is the problem THIS STUPID ANNOYING ERROR POPS UP!!! IT SHOWS UP THIS DUMB IDIOTIC 0x80246008 ERROR CAN PLEASE ANYONE HELP...
  9. Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?)

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?): *EDIT*** The issue might be caused by the other SSD. So Normally I use my E: Drive as the location for my game installs, but for some reason Xbox/Microsoft will not install anymore games onto it....
  10. I cant install Starfield Premium Edition Content on Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant install Starfield Premium Edition Content on Game Pass.: Split from this thread. It only allows me to play the Premium Edition in cloud gaming mode, but allows me to download the non-premium version. The Old Mars dlc pack is available but not the...