I can't host or join an online game with a specific friend on my friends list and I am not...

Discus and support I can't host or join an online game with a specific friend on my friends list and I am not... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We have tried playing against each other on Fifa multiple times for the past week and whenever either of us joins each other it lags us out of the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chon Chon1, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Chon Chon1
    Chon Chon1 Guest

I can't host or join an online game with a specific friend on my friends list and I am not...

We have tried playing against each other on Fifa multiple times for the past week and whenever either of us joins each other it lags us out of the session and says the other friend disconnected. However, he can play against other friends of ours and so can I. We have also tried to play modern warfare together and whenever I am the host of the modern warfare lobby it will disconnect him when searching for a game and vice versa whenever he is host and I am joining him. Although, whenever me and my friend play with a group of friends and someone else is hosting the game runs perfectly fine and the issue only happens whenever me or my friend host the game. Me and my friend are able to join each others xbox party and chat in a party as well.

:)

Chon Chon1, Sep 2, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

I can't host or join an online game with a specific friend on my friends list and I am not sure why, how can I fix this?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, kindly perform an extended power cycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

Also, if that didn't work, you may need to unfriend and re-add the friend again.
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Lollipop

Hey there DimkaNwebie!

Thank you for that response! Are you seeing these error messages on the Xbox 360 or on an Xbox One? It sounds like there could be an issue with the network not connecting properly to the servers. Go ahead and click on the following link to troubleshoot this
    problem.

This will take you through troubleshooting your NAT type and hopefully get you back on Fifa 19 Ultimate Team.

Please let us know if this has helped.
  4. II R Y 4 N Zz Win User

Minecraft

The host of the world may have it so that `friends of friends` cannot join which means you cannot join because you are not on the hosts friend list.
  5. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User
  6. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

Xbox Live Party Chat Issues - Disconnecting

Thema:

1. I can't host or join an online game with a specific friend on my friends list and I am not... - Similar Threads - can't host join

2. Why can't i join or host a terraria server?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i join or host a terraria server?: Hi I bought terraria one month ago to play it with my friends. However i needed game pass ultimate, so i bought it to play multiplayer. When i want to play multiplayer i can't join a server, when...
  3. Why can't I join or host servers? P2P/SIG: no_session(3)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I join or host servers? P2P/SIG: no_session(3): I was playing Minecraft Education Edition on my school account and I could play with no disruptions or problems but suddenly out of nowhere, I couldn't host a server or join other player's...
  4. Game pass ultimate on PC, can't join online games or host

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass ultimate on PC, can't join online games or host: I have Xbox game pass ultimate for PC, the games I had downloaded are working fine but the only issue is I can't join my friends online or host any game. I have checked my NAT and it says moderate...
  5. Can't join/host multiplayer in Minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't join/host multiplayer in Minecraft: I can join and host all multiplayer games EXCEPT for Minecraft even though my settings say I can join/host multiplayer games. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Minecraft, unplugged my Xbox and...
  6. Can't join parties and host games. Have tried every solution online that I can find....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't join parties and host games. Have tried every solution online that I can find....: Hi there. My husband and I play games at the same time (mainly Destiny at the moment) and one day last week, I was playing on his xbox (but it's also my home xbox too) it prompted me to play...
  7. Can't connect to online games, nor join/host any Voice Chats. [PC and Xbox]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to online games, nor join/host any Voice Chats. [PC and Xbox]: I was wanting to play with a buddy of mine, but I can't get in the game whilst he can, I checked online and saw others having similar issues, but I can't join my buddy's party neither on my xbox...
  8. Can't join Minecraft servers: (Unkown host)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't join Minecraft servers: (Unkown host): I have played on one specific server called Minewind. And from nowhere I could'nt join the server anymore because of "unknownhost". I thought it was my DNS settings, but so far I have hard time...
  9. Can't join/host multiplayer for new Stardew Co-op update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't join/host multiplayer for new Stardew Co-op update: Hi, I was able to host and play the new Stardew Valley co-op for about 6 hours approximately 3 days ago. All of a sudden my friend gets kicked from the game and has been unable to connect to my...
  10. Can't join/host multiplayer games with certain friends

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Can't join/host multiplayer games with certain friends: Can't join/host multiplayer games with certain friends So one of my friends and I cannot join multiplayer lobbies together, doesn't matter which games we try to play either, we cannot get into...