I can't have my original Gamertag on my main account with the gamepass

Discus and support I can't have my original Gamertag on my main account with the gamepass in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I made a xbox account when i first used Minecraft Win10 edition, with my original gamertag. Recently when i wanted to buy game pass, i couldn't buy it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JebediahLongtree, Oct 4, 2020.

1. I can't have my original Gamertag on my main account with the gamepass

I made a xbox account when i first used Minecraft Win10 edition, with my original gamertag.

Recently when i wanted to buy game pass, i couldn't buy it with that account. So i had to make a new one.

I made my account and wanted to change its gamertag to the one I always use, but now it has those number after it.

So now I'm stuck playing my game pass games with this gamertag with the numbers.

If I change my old account's name, my minecraft name would change, and I don't want that.

Also i already used the ''free name change'' on my 2nd account while trying to change it to my gamertag.

Is there any way that I can swap my names, or maybe transfer the game pass to the other one so I have the correct name?

If you are confused it's like this:

Account A: MyName / has minecraft

Account B: MyName#1234 / has xbox game pass

Is there a solution?

:)

JebediahLongtree, Oct 4, 2020
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Jebediah

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about switching your Gamer tag with another account, or transferring your subscription.

For as per the
    Gamertag update FAQ
    , the reason why there are numbers on the end of your Gamer tag is due to someone else using the same tag. In order to prevent confusion, this is why those numbers were added.

Additionally,
    any services you have on different Microsoft accounts cannot be combined nor transferred
    . The only other way to get these services on the account of your prefrence, would be to purchase them once more there.

Keep note that Gamertags are not recyclable, and that changing one does not guarantee being able to use on another account.

I hope this was able to clarify any confusion this might have caused.
  3. mackemdave Win User

Change microsoft account for Xbox gamertag

that's not good , I thought there would have been a way to do this. Everything apart from my xbox gamertag is linked to my main MS account and it's a bit of a pain having to switch to the old ms account just for the xbox when I have everything else on my
    main ms account.

It's not really been a problem for me over the years but I've just been getting a windows 10 laptop and have to keep switching accounts and keep getting signed out when trying to play gamepass stuff on it as my ultimate gamepass is linked to my old ms account
    and not the one I've got my windows or office registered with,

I don't want to lose almost 13 years of achievements or game purchases so don't want to change gamertag , my ultimate gamepass is valid till next year as well .
  4. hotTamale069 Win User

Wondows Live ID connected to wrong gamertag

i have a similar problem too, i have2 gamertags but i only use one as the main one, i bought the lost and the damned add on to my main account when it came out it even shows saves under that gamertag however i tried to play the game and discovered it got
    switched over to my unused account now i can't play the game under my main account how can this happen when i know i purchased the game originally under my main account yet it is no longer there under downlload history. but i found it under the other one how
    do i transfer it back without having to rebuy the game.
  5. JustinLatimer Win User

Question about recover Old Gamertag

I can't create a new account using the email I used for my original gamertag.
  6. LaughedElk749 Win User

My computor recognizes my windows live ID but my xbox won't

No I'm pretty positive I have the correct login information. I only have one WLID account and the password was the same. I only changed my password once when I tried to access my main Xbox live account

live.xbox.com/.../Profile
    this is my original gamer tag. Like I said I'm positive the login information I keep trying to put for my original account hasn't changed much.
Thema:

1. I can't have my original Gamertag on my main account with the gamepass - Similar Threads - can't original Gamertag

2. When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...: When I try to make a group post for Minecraft it says, "Let's keep it clean - remove inappropriate content, then try posting again." I can't find out what it is that makes my post inappropriate....
  3. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  4. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  5. Can't remember original Epic Games account information, how do I redeem V-Bucks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't remember original Epic Games account information, how do I redeem V-Bucks?: I got my Xbox One a few years ago (I believe in 2018) and I don't remember setting up an Epic Games account when we downloaded Fortnite, but I seem to need it when I want to redeem V-Bucks. Every...
  6. Dragon Age: Origins - Can't save games (game says I can't connect to xbox live)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dragon Age: Origins - Can't save games (game says I can't connect to xbox live): I just purchased and downloaded Dragon Age Origins from the Xbox store for my Xbox One console (8 October 2023). When loading the game I get an error that my profile cannot access xbox live and...
  7. I can't remember my login to Minecraft. It was originally migrated from Mojang.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't remember my login to Minecraft. It was originally migrated from Mojang.: Hi, I can't remember my login to Minecraft. It was originally migrated from Mojang. I have tried the reset password link but the email never arrives. Help. Thanks, A....
  8. Can't Download Batman: Arkham Origins on original Xbox One from Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Download Batman: Arkham Origins on original Xbox One from Disc: I was able to get the disc app prompt to randomly appear that would allow me to download the game, but it gave me the ""this game is not playable here. For a list of Xbox 360 games playable on...
  9. Can't link EA-Origin account to Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't link EA-Origin account to Xbox Live: Trying to connect my EA origin account for battlefront but can't because it is somehow already linked to someone else. (likely me some years ago) How do I see what my gamertag is linked too? If it...
  10. Can't connect to Origin account, "connected to different account"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to Origin account, "connected to different account": Alrigh so I'm trying to connect my Origin account to my xbox account, I tried doing it through Origin, I clicked add a friend>connect to xbox, then when logging in, it said it couldn't connect to...