I can't find the place to make an App password

Discus and support I can't find the place to make an App password in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi I've been trying to play an xbox 360 game on my xbox one and I am able to play it but I am not able to log into my xbox account. People say I need... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Cheems Bread, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Cheems Bread
    Cheems Bread Guest

Hi I've been trying to play an xbox 360 game on my xbox one and I am able to play it but I am not able to log into my xbox account. People say I need to go to "More security options" to make an "app password" but I can not find more security options anywhere in my microsoft settings.

Any help is welcome.

:)

Cheems Bread, Jan 18, 2023
  2. The Wee Bear Win User

New volume up/down increments - where?

Pop into troubleshooting i think it is in the TV app. Weird place to have it, probably why loads of users can't find it.
  3. voteDC Win User

No "Favourites" in Playlists

[quote user="OhBobSagel"]

It was never there for me in the first place. It's INCREDIBLE how BROKEN this app is.

[/quote]The navigation in the app is pretty bad but for the most part I find it loads quickly and plays the videos without issue.

I just can't see why they would remove access to the Favourites playlist through the app. It makes no sense since it is still available through every other option.
  4. UnwoundAutumn49 Win User

Username and Password work for Xbox.com & my Microsoft account, but not my Xbox Live account

I turned on 2-step verification...got an app password, entered the app password in place of my

Microsoft account t password and its still telling me that the email or password isn't valid
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Please help!!! Receiving error code: 801531011 when trying to download profile

If that doesn't work, you may have enabled two step verification.

-

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq
    -

I turned on two-step verification. How do I sign in to apps or devices that don't accept security codes?

Some apps (like the mail apps on some smartphones) or devices (like the Xbox 360, for example) can't prompt you to enter a security code when you try to sign in. If you get an incorrect password error with an app or device, you'll need to create a unique
    app password to sign in. Once you've signed in with your app password, you're all set to use that app or device. You'll need to create and sign in with an app password once for each app or device that can't prompt you for a security code.

-

You have two choices with two step verification, generate an app password and use that in place of your regular password or disable two step verification and use your regular password.
  6. Lord Dirt Win User

Thief's Guild fence

You can have many houses that have many places to store loot. I find it sad that games like this have to make it where you can't drop quest items in the first place. On that note, I bet they patch this so you can't drop the gear.
Thema:

1. I can't find the place to make an App password - Similar Threads - can't find place

2. When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...: When I try to make a group post for Minecraft it says, "Let's keep it clean - remove inappropriate content, then try posting again." I can't find out what it is that makes my post inappropriate....
  3. Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?: Ok, so I used the console companion app on my laptop to download, edit, and upload on my socials, but now the app doesn't work, and I can't find any way to find them. I've looked all over the...
  4. Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly: Yesterday after logging in the xbox app i couldn't open any game or menu because all options were greyed out like they were loading. From that point on i've tried everything from reinstalling to...
  5. i can't find the option to redeem xbox gift cards

in XBoX on Windows
    i can't find the option to redeem xbox gift cards: i want an Xbox gift card to get minecraft but the only options I have to redeem are Roblox, Overwatch, Diablo VI, sea of thieves and organizations to donate. I don't even have the option to...
  6. I accidentally deleted my Xbox controller from my device manager and i can't find a way to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally deleted my Xbox controller from my device manager and i can't find a way to...: Can anyone tell me a way to do that? 068f9475-6371-44bc-a8ef-b669c2fa71ca
  7. People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar: People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar I checked my settings, nothing indicates why they wouldn't be able to I made sure they're typing it correctly f60ef53c-b54c-484e-bcd1-00cf2c88511e
  8. Can't find lfg on xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't find lfg on xbox: I'm able to post lfg for destiny 2 but any other game I try to it says there was a problem please try again or something along those lines ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Xbox...
  9. Can't find another place to complain. Call of Duty Modern Warfare provides absolutely NO...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find another place to complain. Call of Duty Modern Warfare provides absolutely NO...: I bought the game from Xbox so that's why I am complaining here. I bought the new Black Cell from Xbox. It says it costs 1,100 cod points to complete battle pass map. BULL. I already had 2900 COD...
  10. Problem with my profile. (Can't find a place to put this)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with my profile. (Can't find a place to put this): Hello, everyone. So I have this problem where I cannot change my, 1) Location 2) Name 3) Bio On my X-Box 360. If I go to the website, however, I can change all of it. Is there a fix?...