I can't edit the screenshot default location

Discus and support I can't edit the screenshot default location in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello! As the title says, I can't change destination for where my screenshots are saved, and they're automatically saved in the "temp" folder in my... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Kaffika, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Kaffika
    Kaffika Guest

Hello!

As the title says, I can't change destination for where my screenshots are saved, and they're automatically saved in the "temp" folder in my AppData/Local folders. Additionally, any screenshot I take via the game bar is not shown in the "preview window" and i can't open the screenshot location via the game bar.

If I go into settings/gaming/screenshots and try to change the folder from there by using the explorer, the path I choose isn't set. Is my only option a re-install at this point?

What do I do?

:)

Kaffika, Aug 23, 2022
  2. Kaffika Win User

Hello!

I am very sorry for not responding until now, i don't use my hotmail as amy default email so I expected the notification to be forwarded to me, which it wasnt.

I tried all of the above, and i still don't get it to change location. The issue remains the same as in my first query, even after reinstalls and repairs and resets.

Is there anything else I can try?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Kaffika

May I know if you tried repairing and resetting the game bar?

Go to windows settings > apps > search for game bar app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally change the captures path one more time and check how it goes.

If maybe that doesn't work, try reinstalling game bar using a powershell command:

Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.

Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Now head over to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar, install it. Restart your PC and try again
  4. championdonut23 Win User

Xbox App made to change install location, causes bluescreen

I've now got control over the folder, but it still doesn't let me set it as the default install location. When I try to, it comes up with the error message 'You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another one.'
  5. {Parity} Win User

Can't change default app install location

That issue has been raised several time in the forums. Did you search the forums for possible solutions?
  6. CarTzy Win User

Why can't I change my default install location?

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
Thema:

1. I can't edit the screenshot default location - Similar Threads - can't edit screenshot

2. I can't get Java edition with my Bedrock edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get Java edition with my Bedrock edition: I have Minecraft Bedrock edition for pc & when I try to get my free copy java edition it doesn't say "get" like it says it should it says "buy". In the launcher it shows play/install for bedrock...
  3. I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.: I attached an image of the issue I am having. It won't let me download Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC. I have the bedrock downloaded but it won't let me download Java. What do I do?...
  4. Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info 2AP6RMktyEWJYSFjVuR7pQ.198.6.4 d46af0bf-2982-46e2-ba8c-5d9feeef78eb
  5. Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?: On 9/1/23 I purchased Starfield Premium Edition on my PC through the Xbox app on PC. I am not able to re-install the Premium Edition of the game for some reason. f15a2f1d-ef4d-4917-84a6-61ba8fe16e51
  6. Can't download Mass Effect Legendary Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download Mass Effect Legendary Edition: Hi all, I need assistance installing the Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I have Ultimate Game Pass, and EA app installed. But when I open the EA app and navigate to the ME Legendary Edition, the...
  7. Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.: I bought Minecraft today and wanted to play with friends but i cant click on multiplayer to join their world on Java. Or any other server/world. Then i went to the site, left my family group...
  8. Why can't I install "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series...: I purchased "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series X/S and Windows" from my local Gamestop store on Cyber Monday. Redeemed it successfully with Product Code at bottom...
  9. Why can't I save my edited Avatar?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I save my edited Avatar?: I have googled and tried every suggestion that I have read. Nothing seems to work. I always get the "something went wrong" error message. Has anybody figured this out? I have uninstalled and...
  10. Can't access dlc after purchase on guilty gear strive daredevil edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access dlc after purchase on guilty gear strive daredevil edition: I bought guilty gear strive daredevil edition (digital purchase, Xbox Series X). I purchased after playing it on gamepass and wanted to play DLC that were unavailable to me since gamepass is base...