I can’t download the game I purchased

Discus and support I can’t download the game I purchased in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I’ve purchased the game Shadow of Mordor (digital version) when I was on my Xbox 360, played it, moved on to the Xbox one and now I’m on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jorge Campos2, Apr 21, 2023.

1. I can’t download the game I purchased

Hi there, I’ve purchased the game Shadow of Mordor (digital version) when I was on my Xbox 360, played it, moved on to the Xbox one and now I’m on the Xbox series X, I can’t download the game from my account because it says “not currently available”.

I bought it when I was in the US and now I’m living in Canada.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the receipt

How can I download this game on my new console?

:)

Jorge Campos2, Apr 21, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello Jorge Campos2,

We appreciate for your patience and for a very detailed response.

Apology for a belated answer as I was out from the office for the past days.

With the latest update, allow me to check and investigate the issue further in order to provide you the accurate resolution.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Jorge Campos2 Win User

Hi ,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you cannot download a game from your account giving an error message that "not currently available". As per description you were able to play it previously with Xbox 360 and Xbox one. Now here comes the Xbox Series X, the issue occurs.

To further check on this we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. Was there no issue with the internet connection the time you try to download the game?
    2. What about the account, was it the right account that contains the game?
    3. Have you check if the game is playable in Canada, since you bought it ins States?
    4. Can you send back the screenshot that you mentioned? It was not successfully attached.

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

We are looking forward to your response.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Geri M.

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
    Hi there Geri,

Thanks for taking the time.

Before answering, a clarification the message “not currently available” is not an error message it is in place of the download/purchase button when you enter in a game in the store. Here a screenshot for it:
    [​IMG]

When searching in the store for the game name “Shadow of Mordor” here are the options I have:

[​IMG]

As you can see the one I own and want to download is the one in right.

Now for your questions,

1 - no internet connection whatsoever, it was not a problem while downloading it, it is that couldn’t even start downloading it as there is no option for it.

2 - yes it was the right account, here a screen shot for it: v
    [​IMG]

3 - I can only assume yes it is as it shows on the store here (image attached above at the start) and I checked with people on Reddit that owns the game here as well.

4 - sorry about that: here it is:
    [​IMG]

*** EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from post.

Thanks again for you fast response.

Best,

Jorge
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello Jorge Campos2,

We have check that the game Shadow of Motor is not backward compatible on Xbox Series X/S. If you really want to play, you need to purchase the current generation of this game. It is not part of the backward compatible list. You can redownload it on Xbox 360 to play that version. The only version that works via backward compatibility is the Xbox One version which the game developer made.

You can check lists of backward compatible games here. https://www.xbox.com/games/backward-compatibility.

We hope it worked out well for you.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Geri M. Win User

Hi Jorge Campos2,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you cannot download a game from your account giving an error message that "not currently available". As per description you were able to play it previously with Xbox 360 and Xbox one. Now here comes the Xbox Series X, the issue occurs.

To further check on this we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. Was there no issue with the internet connection the time you try to download the game?
    2. What about the account, was it the right account that contains the game?
    3. Have you check if the game is playable in Canada, since you bought it ins States?
    4. Can you send back the screenshot that you mentioned? It was not successfully attached.

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

We are looking forward to your response.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hi Jorge Campos2,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. I can’t download the game I purchased - Similar Threads - can’t download game

2. Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...: So I had my copy of Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga downloaded on my external hard drive as well as my copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 but that was the disc version and I could redownload Red Dead...
  3. I can’t download games on my external storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t download games on my external storage: Whenever I have my external hard drive connected to my Xbox I can’t play games that are on the hard drive and I can’t even install other games like call of duty. Overwatch. Fortnite. And other big...
  4. Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any...: Hey I downloaded some skins on Xbox for doom eternal I load up the game and I can’t use any of them I also can’t connect to online servers what do I do? d22da464-873c-48b5-8ff5-c4f1d84c6def
  5. I can’t play newly downloaded mature games on the Xbox pc app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play newly downloaded mature games on the Xbox pc app.: Every time I try to play new mature games that I just installed, I can’t, because I get an error code that says class not registered. It only happens with mature games, but it doesn’t happen with...
  6. Why is my whole call of duty game downloaded but my multiplayer is not so I can’t get online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my whole call of duty game downloaded but my multiplayer is not so I can’t get online: Why is my whole call of duty game downloaded but my multiplayer is not so I can’t get online Should I uninstall and redownload it 1bcc714d-01c4-4474-9867-e5552e750983
  7. My gamer score got wiped and I can’t re-download my old games again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamer score got wiped and I can’t re-download my old games again?: My gamer score got wiped back to zero and I can’t re-download the games that I purchased before on my Xbox profile c63218b3-4126-49b3-acca-d3026f9efc44
  8. 0x8007001f Can’t download any games off game pass on Xbox one just brought ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x8007001f Can’t download any games off game pass on Xbox one just brought ultimate: Just brought game pass and wanted to download games but keep getting 0x8007001f when I try and I have plenty storage, I have hard reset my Xbox, factory reset my xbox and still won’t work...
  9. Why can’t I download the game I bought on another consule

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I download the game I bought on another consule: I bought a game and own it on my account and I have a friend who also uses my account who can’t download the game on his consul even when using my account but I own the game so why does this...
  10. On Xbox game pass sharing why can’t I download some games? Just as Forza motorsport

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On Xbox game pass sharing why can’t I download some games? Just as Forza motorsport: Can’t download games like Forza Motorsport when my brother is sharing xbox game pass others games on the game pass are available 829e9b3e-e68f-4695-afa3-1ca03cd4001e