I can't download most games on to my external Seagate HDD on PC?

Discus and support I can't download most games on to my external Seagate HDD on PC? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Other games install to my external HDD just fine, but whenever I try to install Sea of Thieves, it says ''The storage you were downloading to has been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DL1 P71, Dec 29, 2022.

1. DL1 P71
    DL1 P71 Guest

Other games install to my external HDD just fine, but whenever I try to install Sea of Thieves, it says ''The storage you were downloading to has been disconnected''. The access light is still flashing and the drive is still present in Windows Explorer and can have files copied to it. The error code is 0x80070015. The external HDD has over 700GB free, so it is not a space issue. Edit: Some games download some don't.

:)

DL1 P71, Dec 29, 2022
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello DL1, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your installs.

I've found some steps you can try and I'll list them below

Method 1:

Clean Boot: To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "Clean Boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. Here is the link for your reference to perform clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Important: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

If the issue still persist, proceed with Method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue still persist under the new user account, please follow the below link to see how you can create a new user account

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/crea...

Note: Step applies to Windows 10 as well.

If the issue still persist, proceed with Method 3.

Method 3: I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the Windows Store issue.

1. Press Windows Key+ R on your keyboard.

2.Enter the below command line on the run command:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

3. Wait until finished and then try to open the store again.

*Posted with thanks to A. User: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  3. D43D4L14N X1 Win User

Seagate External Hard Drive

I recommend using an SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Seagate Expansion HDD; Instead of External Seagate Backup Plus HDD, that has embedded software partition on HDD for PC etc.
  4. carmine100 Win User

My Xbox Series X keeps crashing on start up?

I have a Seagate and external HDD for my backwards compatible game.
  5. Crass14 Win User

Can a corrupt game corrupt my external hard drive?

I have a Seagate Expansion Desktop 4TB External Hard Drive HDD – USB 3.0 for PC Laptop (STEB4000100)

Will plugging into my pc reset the EHD?
  6. V3ntilator Win User

Xbox USB HDD random HDD disconnections.

Hello!

Thank you, but i don't think they are defective since they work 100% most of the time, and there is no corrrupt data on them. I also re-formatted them on PC to be sure.

Also. I cleaned whole Xbox One last year and everything were gone except for game installations.

As you say, it re-downloads saves from any game from cloud first time you start a game after cleaning.

I already replaced one of the HDD's and swapped from Western to Seagate, but that didn't help.

Like they are now, they probably work over 2 months in a row before disconnecting.

I think i will replace both with a 4.TB 3.5" HDD with external PSU instead. Seagate or Western.

I use 10+ year old external Maxtor HDD's on my Xbox 360 and Wii U and that never had any problem. Both have external PSU.

Maxtor HDD's refuses to die no matter age. ;)

Maxtor, Hitachi and Quantum is the most reliable HDD's i ever used, and all of them is gone from the market.

Hitachi is now HGST branded, and is by far more reliable than Seagate and Western. They cost more, but error rate is almost none.

also think HGST only make internal drives, so you need to insert them in a USB casing for use on a console.
Thema:

1. I can't download most games on to my external Seagate HDD on PC? - Similar Threads - can't download games

2. I can't download my game profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download my game profile: [mod removed - personal information] c4b138f6-d0ab-451c-9970-59a1697eca6c
  3. Why can't I download games on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I download games on xbox series x: So one day I turned my xbox on to see that two games are updating but they've both stopped and will not go past a certain percentage. So I cleared the que to start again only to find now that any...
  4. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  5. I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get back into my downloaded microsoft ultimate word game, but I can play it online....: I downloaded Microsoft Ultimate Word Games a couple of years ago. I've been able to play and watch my progress over the years. Today, the game wouldn't load from my downloaded version. However, I...
  6. I can't download games or access cloud storage on my Xbox 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download games or access cloud storage on my Xbox 360.: I'm having some download issues with the Xbox 360. I am on wireless internet connection, and my wireless is perfectly fine but the console is only reading the download speed at 0.01 Mbps, when my...
  7. Hi, i can't download my call of duty game the error is 0x87e0012

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, i can't download my call of duty game the error is 0x87e0012: Hi, i can't download my call of duty game the error is 0x87e0012 3cff56b1-13db-4992-abd1-8d47404b73fe
  8. Why can't I download a game I bought and paid for on my 360 on my One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download a game I bought and paid for on my 360 on my One?: I bought Phantasy Star Universe: Ambitions of the Illumnis for the 360, it's not even an option on Xbox One. d25c2c75-851e-4242-bfa6-62c811e84429
  9. I can't download one specific game, it's the only one with this issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download one specific game, it's the only one with this issue.: I've been trying to download Rainbow Six Siege from the PC game pass for weeks now, but with no luck. The "Install" button will switch between having a globe/internet symbol next to the word...
  10. Can't get games to download or even go into the queue, how do it fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get games to download or even go into the queue, how do it fix this?: Hello, so for years now I have been trying to reinstall Fortnite on my Xbox One as it had a fair amount of money put into the account. However, previously when I tried it would put it in the queue...