i cant download GTA V, it gives me "Can't Download GTA V", how do i fix this?

Discus and support i cant download GTA V, it gives me "Can't Download GTA V", how do i fix this? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I Talked to Xbox Support for 2 hours, and Rockstar support for 1 Hour, and i cant fix this, this issue also affects all of my other games to including... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NintendoAddict8, Aug 23, 2015.

1. i cant download GTA V, it gives me "Can't Download GTA V", how do i fix this?

I Talked to Xbox Support for 2 hours, and Rockstar support for 1 Hour, and i cant fix this, this issue also affects all of my other games to including Tomb Raider, and a few halo games. its not a problem with my internet or my storage space.

:)

NintendoAddict8, Aug 23, 2015
  2. Mfinnie
    Mfinnie Guest
    Can't download from marketplace

Hi. I bought GTA V yesterday off of the marketplace. Every time I try to download the game it gives me an error saying "can't download gta v". I'd greatly appreciate any help you can give. I have an xbox 360 slim with a 250gb hard drive.

Mfinnie, Aug 23, 2015
  3. lachmitchh
    lachmitchh Guest
    Downloading Updates onto USB

I don't have enough space to download it to my console so it'll appear in active downloads and then say something along the lines of 'Unable to Download' and it will clear from active downloads.

I can access GTA V fine but without the updates I can't access GTA Online.

lachmitchh, Aug 23, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. What type and size of hard drive are you using?

What region (country) do you live in and is your gamertag set for the same country?

Are you getting an 8 digit error code when the download stop?

What percentage is the download stopping at?

Have you tried leaving the Download window open while the game is installing?

onyxishere, Aug 23, 2015
  5. MajorGiRT
    MajorGiRT Guest
    I'm getting this too on gta 5. Purchased it yesterday and cannot download it. I get no error message I only get 'Cant download gta5'. The download rarely even starts and has never got past 8% Spoke to XBOX support twice. First tine they did a number
    of obvious tests that didn't work and I knew they wouldn't then they sent me to Rockstar support. They did a few more tests and even told me to try downloading to a USB which I was not keen on on doing still nothing. And they told me to totally uninstall
    all my GTA addons and I've got all the addons. That took a while and I wonder if I'm gonna have issues downloading them all again? Sent me back to XBOX support who started to do the same tests they told me yesterday but then suddenly realized other people
    were having this issue too

Is there any report on what is causing this when and will be fixed?

I purchased the game over 24 hour ago and now I have no trace of any gta5 product on my hard drive so cant play the game at all.

MajorGiRT, Aug 24, 2015
  6. MajorGiRT
    MajorGiRT Guest
    To answer above.

Region - UK not changed since I joined xbox live

No error code just the message 'Cant download gta5

Game rarely even starts to download and have never got past 8%

Yes./ Does nothing

Can anyone help?

MajorGiRT, Aug 24, 2015
  7. This has also happened to me. All you have to do is go on your xbox storage, look for the games folder, and keep scrolling until you find a yellow exclamation mark/ !

If you have more then one and you do not know which one is GTA 5, just delete them all because they take up precious hdd space.

After deleting the GTA 5 exclamation mark/ ! , try installing gta 5 again and don't use your xbox while it's downloading.

The best times to start downloading games is before you sleep, go to school, go to, e.t.c .

stormhazim400, Nov 1, 2018
  8. Raging Casper Win User

Freeze on save in Skyrim and can't even get past the loading screen in GTA V

If GTA V is indeed downloaded from the marketplace and not a disc, try this.

Delete GTA V and clear your cache 3 times.

Restart your console.

Download 16 GB of demos (this is how big GTA V will be in the end)

Once those have finished download all the GTA V files from your download history (GTA V, Installation Packs 1-4)

After you've done that, feel free to delete the demos.

This worked for me, hopefully it works for you too!
  9. StuartATrueRed Win User

Grand Theft Auto V game error

Hi, it could be a problem with your storage device, if you are using a hard drive, then try deleting the game, then download a few demos that add up to the same size of GTA V, then re-download GTA V. The reason to download the demos first, is that GTA V
    is stored on another part of the hard drive which hopefully wont give you the error.
  10. Raging Casper Win User

Can't play grand theft auto 5.

Hey! I have something that might work for you! Mind you it will take a while.

Delete GTA V and clear your cache 3 times.

Restart your console.

Download 16 GB of demos (this is how big GTA V will be in the end)

Once those have finished download all the GTA V files from your download history (GTA V, Installation Packs 1-4)

After you've done that, feel free to delete the demos.

This worked for me, hopefully it works for you too!

(Also, if you have a disc in the disc tray try taking that out. Sometimes if I leave a disc in there when I try to play games from the marketplace it gives me problems. But I'm sure you've tried that)
  11. Zach Birchfield Win User

Why can't I play gta online with gta5 game disc?

I got the GTA V it includes GTA v and GTA V online with criminal enterprise starter pack and I cant play GTA online idk what's going on with that do u have to get game pass for it.
  12. AppointedBean81 Win User

GTA Online FAQ/Information thread

Do you need to download the GTA V online updates to play GTA Online?
Thema:

1. i cant download GTA V, it gives me "Can't Download GTA V", how do i fix this? - Similar Threads - cant download GTA

2. i cant download a clip i was sent

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant download a clip i was sent: My friend sent me a clip, he was on Xbox i am on PC and i have the Xbox app but i can only view the clip, i checked the settings and didnt find anything, i dont know if i missed something but i...
  3. i have purchase gamepass core, however i cant download forza horizon 4 but i can download...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have purchase gamepass core, however i cant download forza horizon 4 but i can download...: i have purchase gamepass core, however i cant download forza horizon 4 but i can download halo 5. it says it is on the core catalogue- What’s the reason? 4bc4cbc0-f1f7-4e23-87f8-c8e107b919ea
  4. i cant download minecraft please help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant download minecraft please help me: i cant download minecraft please help me 138c00b7-2999-476a-b08f-1e8491382019
  5. cant download Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe Game of the Year Edition from my...

in XBoX on Windows
    cant download Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe Game of the Year Edition from my...: I bought microsoft flight simulator, end 2022, " Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe Game of the Year Edition". It appeared in my account. I downloaded it and installed it. Now I bought a...
  6. I cant download hollow knight on my laptop, even though i can do that on my gaming laptop...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant download hollow knight on my laptop, even though i can do that on my gaming laptop...: I can't seem to find games on the xbox game pass, my catalog is limited on my laptop. Even though on my pc, it is way larger. I cant find hollow knight on this laptop, even though i had it on my...
  7. I cant seem to download Call of duty infinite warfare for pc on my lenovo legion go, it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant seem to download Call of duty infinite warfare for pc on my lenovo legion go, it...: I have purchased call of duty infinite warfare for pc on the microsoft store but i am unable to download it on my device even though i own it, it downloads around 200mb then comes up with “error...
  8. why cant i download in my pc game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download in my pc game pass: i press download game pass in my pc and it sends me an error 0x803FB005 2f91c5f6-779c-45b8-9bc3-b1ebf7953413
  9. I cant download GTA San Andreas on my xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant download GTA San Andreas on my xbox one: So I just bought GTA San Andreas backwards compability and it doesnt appear on my xbox one. I bought through this website( Retrocompatibilidade da Xbox One | Xbox ) that it says its compatible....
  10. Cant Download GTA V - no matter what I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant Download GTA V - no matter what I do: I purchase GTA V on my Xbox 360. The first time it downloaded (around 7.7 GB) fine, when it was run, it got stuck at opening page. Thinking the file may not have downloaded properly, I deleted it...