I cant download Forza Horizon 4 (error code 0x80080005)

Discus and support I cant download Forza Horizon 4 (error code 0x80080005) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; For no reason my Forza Horizon 4 started to not open anymore so i delete it from settings. When I try to download it again, same error(0x80080005)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EsatMendez, Jan 1, 2021.

1. EsatMendez
    EsatMendez Guest

For no reason my Forza Horizon 4 started to not open anymore so i delete it from settings. When I try to download it again, same error(0x80080005) happens and download never starts.
    I cant download Forza Horizon 4 (error code 0x80080005) [​IMG]

I cant download Forza Horizon 4 (error code 0x80080005) [​IMG]

:)

EsatMendez, Jan 1, 2021
  2. XxSyndicateexX Win User

Hello EsatMendez,

I have found a possible troubleshoot for you to try.

(Information Source)

The reason why your searches for error 0x80080005 are showing a Windows error is because it is a Windows error. The Xbox Game Pass App is just an extension of the Windows Store. For the Beta App to work, your both your Windows and Windows Store need
    to be in working order. Any error codes the Beta App generates are Windows errors. Which explains why you get the same error when you try to install games via the Windows Store.

Some of this may go over old ground that you've tried before, apologises if it does.

Try clearing the Windows Store cache.

1. Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.

2. Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

The WSReset tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.

3. A command prompt window will now open without any message. After about 30 seconds, the command prompt will automatically close, and the Microsoft Store app will open.

Run the troubleshooter:

Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Try reinstalling gaming services. To do this:

Launch powershell as an administrator. To launch Powershell, right click on the Windows Start menu and click on Windows Powershell (admin).

Type: get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers and press enter on the keyboard.

In the same powershell window, type: start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page, including accepting the UAC prompt when shown.

Run SFC and DISM scans

If damage to certain update files is already done, System File Checker comes into play. SFC is a built-in tool that scans and fixes corrupted or incomplete files. Furthermore, it can give you a wider picture of what caused the problem in first place.

You can use SFC in a few easy steps:

Right-click Start and open the Command Prompt (Admin)

In the command line type following line: sfc/scannowPress Enter to confirm.

If SFC scan didn’t fix your problem, or if you can’t run SFC scan at all, you might want to try using DISM instead. To use DISM, you just need to follow these simple steps:

Right-click Start and run Command Prompt (Admin).

In the command line, type the following:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Upgrade with the Media Creation Tool

Besides a clean reinstallation of the OS, the Media Creation Tool can be used for updates as well. While it may be best to do a clean install of Windows 10 to fix your Windows Store issues for good, the Media Creation tool allows you to preserve your
    Apps, files and settings.

Download Media Creation Tool here.

Make some space on the system partition.

Run the tool and select Upgrade this PC now.

After Windows 10 is downloaded, accept the license agreement.

Wait while the update downloads the necessary files.

Now select Download and install updates (recommended). Click Next to proceed.

Wait while the updates are downloaded. This might take a while, so you’ll have to be patient.

Follow the instructions until you reach Ready to install screen. Click Change what to keep and select Keep personal files and apps option. Now click Next.

The installation will now start. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete it.
  3. hungerchicken21jeff Win User

xbox app Forza horizon 5

Hello

• I do have the latest Windows Updates.
    • There are no error codes that come up, the progress bar just flicks on and off.
    • I am able to download other games, it is just the Forza Horizon 5. I can even download Forza Horizon 4 with no trouble.
    Thanks
  4. Talousministeri Win User

can't reinstall game (error 0x803f900a)

It was a console bundle, including forza horizon 4 and forza motorsport 7 (digital download codes). I can see the motorsport in the order history, but horizon isn't there.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Ошибка при входе в Forza Horizon 4 [Translation - Error logging in Forza Horizon 4]

6. Lowe Nilsson Win User

Why I cannot install Forza Horizon 4

Thanks for the response, it seems to force me to download "Forza Horizon 4" first. When I click pause it's download and then try to start download on "Forza Horizon 4 Standard Edition" it stays at "Downloading" and starts Downloading process of "Forza Horizon 4". I also tried logging into my account on different computer which worked.
Thema:

1. I cant download Forza Horizon 4 (error code 0x80080005) - Similar Threads - cant download Forza

2. i have purchase gamepass core, however i cant download forza horizon 4 but i can download...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have purchase gamepass core, however i cant download forza horizon 4 but i can download...: i have purchase gamepass core, however i cant download forza horizon 4 but i can download halo 5. it says it is on the core catalogue- What’s the reason? 4bc4cbc0-f1f7-4e23-87f8-c8e107b919ea
  3. i cant download my forza horizon 1 to my xbox 360 anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cant download my forza horizon 1 to my xbox 360 anymore: it is not fair that microsoft can say to play the game YOU ALREADY BOUGHT you have to buy another console. i paid for that game and i want to play it now. From this time now on is it this way?...
  4. I cant download Forza Horizon 5 Error code: 0x00000001

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant download Forza Horizon 5 Error code: 0x00000001: Hi everyone! yesterday I made the purchase of forza horizon 5, but I had a problem when trying to install, when trying to install it gives me that message, I tried to restore, repair, the xbox app...
  5. Forza Horizon 5 download stopped and cant continue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 download stopped and cant continue: Today i tried to download forza 5 via game pass. I download the game to about 60/70% when i stopped the download to play another game. After that, i tried to continue the download and it didnt...
  6. Forza Horizon 5 Cant find download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 Cant find download: I recently got myself the Xbox game pass for PC, 1 euro for three months and decided to download Forza Horizon 5. I had more than 300 GB space left and as the game is only 122 GB I decided it...
  7. Forza horizon 5 cant download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 cant download: hello , any fix for this , like 3 hours and still pending ..... [img] bd0d2e39-a923-4d1f-82eb-ebe9546a42bb
  8. Forza Horizon 5 cant download on pc from xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 cant download on pc from xbox: is there a way that i can download forza horizon 5 on my pc from my xbox? i did it with forza horizon 4 but i just cant figure out how to do it with forza horizon 5....
  9. starting installing forza and i cant continue the download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    starting installing forza and i cant continue the download: hey, i started installing forza horizon 5 on the xbox app for pc, and wanted to resume with the download, and it doesnt do anything cc8cbe2f-cbab-4951-bfae-72e091e0b2d2
  10. Cant download Forza 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant download Forza 5: Hey there i need help whit downloading forza 5,so reastnly i tryed to download forza horizen 5 but it just sayed failed whit the code 0x80070005 dont know whats happining but i want the game...