I can't connect to my wifi, but it never asked me for a wifi password

Discus and support I can't connect to my wifi, but it never asked me for a wifi password in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to switch my xbox from a wired to a wireless connection, and it's just... not... connecting. But it's very suspicious, that it never asked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Eileen_, May 26, 2024.

1. Eileen_
    Eileen_ Guest

I'm trying to switch my xbox from a wired to a wireless connection, and it's just... not... connecting.

But it's very suspicious, that it never asked me for the wifi password. At the end of the troubleshooting steps, it specifically says "Make sure that you really mean to connect to 'NETWORK_NAME' and that you have the right password", but I never had the opportunity to put that in. What's going on? Are there any ways to manually update the password outside of the initial connect flow?

Here's what I'm seeing:

Step 1

Choose a connection

I have an unlisted SSID, so on this screen I select "Add a wireless network"

Step 2

Type in my wireless network name

Step 3

Wait. Xbox fails to connect, never asked me for a password

:)

Eileen_, May 26, 2024
  2. Eileen_ Win User

Workaround: if you un-hide your SSID on your wifi, then it will correctly prompt for a password

I am beyond annoyed that I had to spend an hour trying to get this working
  3. bloodeness2018 Win User

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Wireless network problem

I can't connect my WIFI to my xbox when i got a new box for the wifi what happened because i put in my password and entered the wifi but it doesn't work for some reason can you help me. I did everything they told me to do but still didn't work and for my
    other account to for some reason.
  4. Malacath Win User

Solution to Xbox One not accepting password for wifi router.

It's only ever happened playing Crucible for me.

I get disconnected waiting to respawn then I can no longer connect using wifi. It doesn't accept the password.

I've since been playing using wifi bridge instead of the built in wifi adaptor and now it never disconnects.

There is some kind of problem with the x1's built in wifi adaptor
  5. GrapingOnTheReg Win User

Constantly disconnecting from XBOX Live - XBOX 360

I disconnected my ethernet cable, reset my wifi connection settings, then re-entered my wifi password and redid the Network Statistics test over wifi... this led me to see that my wifi connection was less than half as fast as the wired connection. So I
    plugged the ethernet cable back into the 360 console and so far 30+ minutes into the first movie I've watched and no disconnection issues.

I'll update if the problem persists.
  6. sativa571 Win User

Xbox Live Connection

Hi Brad, thanks for the reply! I double checked my password and it is correct. The xbox didn't ask me to enter my wifi password - how do I do that? Is that the PPPoE password?
Thema:

1. I can't connect to my wifi, but it never asked me for a wifi password - Similar Threads - can't connect wifi

2. I can't connect on wifi of a hotel

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect on wifi of a hotel: I have a problem for connect to wifi of my university campus: for connecting you have a open connection but wifi dosen't work until you insert credentials in a login Page that appears One time I...
  3. Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Console party chat not working. I'm on a stable wifi connection but I can't connect to...: Hello, I've recently upgraded my wifi and got a new provider. Ever since I switched to the one I use now I haven't been able to join partys on my console. I use an Xbox Series S and I've gone...
  4. While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...: When trying to set up my new Xbox 1 s it cannot connect to the wifi. I've reset the console, unplugged the consoles power, and moved the wifi router closer. 4e8e39dd-8fcf-4a1c-81c7-17fa5a2d402e
  5. Can't connect XBOX S to WiFi. Can see the SSID and password is correct.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect XBOX S to WiFi. Can see the SSID and password is correct.: I have an XBOX series S. When trying to set up for first time can not connect to the WiFi, even thou it can see the SSID and the password is correct. I tried switching 5G to 4G network,...
  6. I can't connect to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to wifi: It's not the router so don't even begin, it's a series s, it just stopped connecting, doesn't ask for password and just says it can't, saw a similar thread here and did a reset, it stayed the...
  7. Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection...: Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection but when i go check it it says connection all good,i also can watch youtube but cant install my game any...
  8. My xbox is connected to WiFi but can't access Microsoft games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox is connected to WiFi but can't access Microsoft games: Hello my xbox is connected to Internet but when I go to store it dosent load or play fortnite bc7d43f7-647e-4931-b7c7-2f15ddc33f6f
  9. I can't connect to my Spectrum wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to my Spectrum wifi.: I am unable to connect my 360 to my spectrum wifi. All other devices work fine connected. It does work wired. The router itself is set up so the app is the only means of using settings for the...
  10. Why my xbox one can't connect 5G wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox one can't connect 5G wifi: Hello,Why my xbox one can't connect 5G wifi 611c55bf-0a45-4ae3-99c9-7b5086b9a9e7