I can’t connect to a certain friend but can play with everyone else

Discus and support I can’t connect to a certain friend but can play with everyone else in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the past 2 weeks my friend and I have attempted to play games like Modern Warfare, Minecraft, and GTA V together on the xbox one but it will not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dakota Cook, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Dakota Cook
    Dakota Cook Guest

For the past 2 weeks my friend and I have attempted to play games like Modern Warfare, Minecraft, and GTA V together on the xbox one but it will not let us connect. We can play other games like Madden 20 and NBA 2k20 together just fine. Yesterday the problem
    seemed to have fixed itself and we could play those games together but today it is back to kicking us out everytime we try to join. Does anyone know how to fix this?

For example, I cant join my friends minecraft world and he cant join mine, but we can both play together on someone elses world with no lag or issues.

edit: I can play the same games online with my other friends or even just by myself, the problem is only occuring with this one person.

:)

Dakota Cook, Apr 1, 2020
  2. LeJendx7 Win User

I have the same issue the reason is bandwidth, see your friends may have better bandwidth than you so sometimes you cant conect to your friends.
  3. BaseChicken Win User

I am having this same issue. And port forwarding did not work. My friend and his brother share the same console and i cant play with either of them. Is this a console thing or a live thing
  4. Dakota Cook Win User

Thanks for responding. Both of our NAT types are open and the problem still occurs.
  5. TalipedTrain Win User

This could be a nat type issue its your connection to that person
  6. JaceV Win User

Are you sharing home xbox with this friend?
Thema:

1. I can’t connect to a certain friend but can play with everyone else - Similar Threads - can’t connect certain

2. Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live but I can connect to the internet: So recently my Xbox 360 started to act weird ever since I unplugged it a couple days ago. I’ve recently reconnected it but ever since then I haven’t been able to connect to Xbox live. I’ve seen...
  3. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  4. How to fix can’t connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can’t connect to xbox live: Hello I cant play black ops 2 because it says can’t connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot your connection but I have connection on my xbox series s please help...
  5. I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what: So I’ve got the original black Xbox 1 and the pairing button on the side hasn’t worked idk why just one day it stopped but my controllers would still connect so whatever then my controllers just...
  6. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  7. “Can’t connect” try your network connection and password and try again”

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t connect” try your network connection and password and try again”: So it’s been about 3 days and whenever I’ve tried to connect to my WiFi it says can’t connect check you network connection and password and try again. I’ve power cycled both my Xbox and router...
  8. Can’t connect to Dragonball Xenoverse 2 Servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Dragonball Xenoverse 2 Servers: Hello! For whatever reason, whenever I play Dragonball xenoverse 2, on my series X, I’m unable to play any of the multiplayer modes that come with the game. Whenever I try and join a game with...
  9. I can’t connect to certain game servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t connect to certain game servers: I can’t to games like fall guys, gta, and rainbow and I don’t know how to fix it please help. 4eddb5a4-a4a3-4538-a06d-0956daa93874
  10. Can’t connect to a certain friend in games or parties but I’m able to connect with ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to a certain friend in games or parties but I’m able to connect with ...: I am able to play games and chat in parties with everyone except for one certain friend. We can’t talk in parties or play games like Rainbow Six Siege, Fortnite, and Rocket League. We both have...