I can't connect my 360 to wireless internet

Discus and support I can't connect my 360 to wireless internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A few days ago my brother changed the DNS codes (I did not know he was doing it) so he could cheat in GTA 5 online. I have set it back to automatic,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by noxbox313, Jan 2, 2014.

1. noxbox313
    noxbox313 Guest

A few days ago my brother changed the DNS codes (I did not know he was doing it) so he could cheat in GTA 5 online. I have set it back to automatic, reset the defaults, cleared the cache, and everything I could think of, or read online with no luck. I can
    plug an ethernet cable in and it works fine, but obviously I don't want to have the cable running through the house forever. What could I try next?

Here is the error status. The one I blocked is just the name of my router network.

:)

noxbox313, Jan 2, 2014
  2. No internet Conection

I recently have a problem. My modem was change and my XBOX 360 can't connect to the internet wireless

SchematicBee052, Jan 2, 2014
  3. XBOX360 CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET

My 360 can connect to my wireless internet but it cannot connect to the internet

ArmstrongTr1gun, Jan 2, 2014
  4. MattKV1
    MattKV1 Guest

Hello, My name is Matt and I am an Xbox Live Community Ambassador. I'd be glad to make some suggestions to you about what to do.

First, what I would suggest you do is to enter your Xbox 360's Settings and delete any Network connections you may have. Next, I would disconnect your Xbox 360 Wireless Network adapter, and turn off your console.

Turn back on your Xbox 360, and verify that you have no network connections saved in your settings. Turn back off your Xbox 360, re-connect your Xbox 360 Wireless Network adapter, and then turn your Xbox 360 back on.

At this point, try to set up your wireless connection in your Xbox 360's Network settings.

Hopefully, this will help you re-connect through your wireless connection. If it still does not work, take a look at this portion of the Xbox Support website: support.xbox.com/.../networking

I'd be interested to know if my recommendations to you worked! Thank you and good luck!

MattKV1, Jan 2, 2014
  5. noxbox313
    noxbox313 Guest
    I have a slim, so I can't unhook the wireless part. I have tried to delete the network connection several times and it does not work. Also, that website has not helped me, I have been to it several times.

noxbox313, Jan 2, 2014
  6. MattKV1
    MattKV1 Guest
    Hmmm... Hang tight for now. Myself or another Ambassador will see what else we can recommend.

MattKV1, Jan 3, 2014
  7. MattKV1
    MattKV1 Guest
    Nobox313,

Try this to reset your network settings on your Xbox 360 to default:

1. On your console, go into your System Settings.

2. Select Network Settings.

3. Select Wireless Network.

4. Select Configure Network

5. Move right on the D-pad to access the "Additional Settings" tab, and select "Restore to Factory Defaults". Select "Yes, restore to factory defaults" when prompted.

Note This will only reset the network settings and not other console settings.

6. Restart your console.

7. Go back to your console's System Settings.

8. Select Network Settings.

9. Select Wireless Network.

10. Configure your Wireless Network.

11. Afterwards, select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

If this worked, you're back in business!

You can also do this for your Wired connection. Let us know if this helps you any. Luck be with you!

MattKV1, Jan 4, 2014
  8. noxbox313
    noxbox313 Guest

I have tried that, it doesn't work

noxbox313, Jan 4, 2014
  9. Mark A Dur
    Mark A Dur Guest
    Mark A Dur, Jan 4, 2014
  10. noxbox313
    noxbox313 Guest
    No, haven't tried that. I just tried to follow the link and got confused very quickly, I don't do much with computers. I only got the stupid thing a little over 2 months ago, and it connected fine then.

noxbox313, Oct 31, 2018
  11. joegagne-FD79AE55-34 Win User

XBox wireless problems

If I don't have the adapter plugged into the console, it can't find my wireless network. I just get a message saying "To use a wireless internet connection, connect an Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter to your console."
  12. DanielMillan13 Win User

Xbox 360 slim slim says no wireless adapter

i have the same problem with my xbox slim it says "to use a wireless internet connection connect an xbox 360 wireless networking adapter to your console"
  13. TheCactusHugger Win User

Why do i keep disconnecting from xbox live?

My network equipments are:

A Westell (not sure if spelled right) DSL Modem and a Netgear Wireless N 300 router.

Other devices connected to my router are:

2 Desktops(wired), 2 laptops (wireless), 1 netbook(wireless), Playstation 3 (Wireless), Wii (wireless), 2 Ipod Touch's (wireless), and my xbox 360 (wires).

I know it may seem like a lot of devices on one home network, But usually there is very few of them connected to the internet at one time and i prioritized connection for my 360 on the router.

Only my 360 disconnects and causes network/internet disruption.
  14. Silver97890 Win User

Trouble with backwards compatible game

I can't, it says that it's not connected to the internet. My xbox one is connected to the internet but when I try to play a 360 game on the xbox one it says that it can't connect to the internet.
  15. Xella15 Win User

Status Code: 397D - 0000 - 0080 - 0300 - 8007 - 2751

I cleared out my cache like you suggested but my 360 isn't connecting to the internet like it should. I'm on a wireless connection and I usually have no problem with it. I noticed the problem of connecting on Tuesday but I didn't think anything of it and
    now I still can't get connected. I've tried restarting the router but it's still not connecting. The system gets through to the Network but it fails when it tries to connect to the internet.
Thema:

1. I can't connect my 360 to wireless internet - Similar Threads - can't connect 360

2. Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s: So this happened real recently. Whenever I load up a 360 it just refuses to connect to xbox live giving me an error. I've dived deep into other forums and found no solution. Not even support could...
  3. I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what: I've tried both wi-fi and ethernet both at my own place and someone else's and it won't connect. I need it to connect so I can download an update for a game. c6499c00-7999-466a-887e-f231bb65e5de
  4. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  5. Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?: Whenever I am in a game on my Xbox 360, my account disconnects from Xbox Live, and won't let me log back in. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, everything is fine and my account logs back into...
  6. Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live: When trying to load and play COD Black Ops 2, it is saying that my connection to Xbox Live has been lost and to sign in again, but I only keep getting this message. This has persisted after...
  7. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...
  8. My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911: Can't connect to xbox live on xbox 360 3e067eef-f17d-452c-b236-e24ecf004ee6
  9. I can't connect the xbox 360 to the Romania region

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect the xbox 360 to the Romania region: I can't connect the xbox 360 to the Romania region 183b839b-a5d5-445e-8efa-8d08690c16e4
  10. My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox live: Over the past month or so, my Xbox 360 console(Serial No. 527136414805) has not been able to login to Xbox live. A friend of mine, Misakii9548, thinks it's because my profile is corrupt, so I...