I can't configure my Wireless Controller because the window pops up way too small and can't...

Discus and support I can't configure my Wireless Controller because the window pops up way too small and can't... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; That's pretty much it. Whenever I press the Controller's button, a notification pops up in my pc asking me if I want to configure it and, just after... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pepe Juande la Frontera, Sep 7, 2022.

1. I can't configure my Wireless Controller because the window pops up way too small and can't...

That's pretty much it. Whenever I press the Controller's button, a notification pops up in my pc asking me if I want to configure it and, just after clicking on it, this other window (the one in the picture) pops up. Can't resize it so I can't see what are the options it is giving me.

I guess I could configure it "blindly" using TABs and Enters but I would need to see what buttons and options is this window supposed to give me.

I've already tried changing my monitors resolution, I even tried to do it on a completly different monitor and same thing happened. Troubleshoot didn't work either.

I can't configure my Wireless Controller because the window pops up way too small and can't... [​IMG]

:)

Pepe Juande la Frontera, Sep 7, 2022
  2. Pepe Juande la Front Win User

I can't configure my Wireless Controller because the window pops up way too small and can't be resized

Hi, thanks for answering!

Just checked the scale and it was ok, anyway I've tried different ones and the window appears the exact same.

If I try to do it directly as you say, it appears as "Unknown device", so I really can't tell if it's actually the controller or not. Anyway, if I press it, it will try to connect but will fail every time.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I can't configure my Wireless Controller because the window pops up way too small and can't be resized

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Pepe

May I know if you're using a custom scale for your system?

Double check this via Windows settings > System > Display

Also, use the max resolution available for your system.

By the way, if you go directly to Windows settings > bluetooth and devices > add device > everything else

The same bug happens?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Pepe, did you tried waiting a bit more?

Sometimes can take a while until you can see the controller name there.

---------

If the controller never appears, can you try reinstalling your bluetooth driver card?

If the issue persists, lets try something different (try each one if the previous doesn't work)

A. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there just to test:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

B. Run the SFC tool to find and repair possible corruptions related to the Settings app

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

C. Perform an in-place upgrade if the SFC tool doesn't find anything

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  5. Anton Vaughan Win User

My Xbox Series X controller keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting

Hi, thanks for replying, I have tried all of those methods, there are no wireless devices between the console and the controller, the closest wireless device is my 4G box but that is behind me.

In regards to you mentioning a small reset button on the back of the controller that require a pin to reset it, where is this button exactly because I can't see anything on either of my Series X controllers ?
  6. Murphster J Win User

scanning for wireless networks...

my network name doesn't come up, so I can't even go onto 'configure network'

plus it's a built in wireless so I can't unplug anything... :(
Thema:

I can't configure my Wireless Controller because the window pops up way too small and can't...

1. I can't configure my Wireless Controller because the window pops up way too small and can't... - Similar Threads - can't configure Wireless

2. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backward-compatible games I have tried soft resets, and hard resets on both console and router, clearing the Mac address, and changing to Manual DNS settings and I...
  3. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  4. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  5. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  6. Can't message

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't message: Can't message to other gamers 940583d9-eb4b-45d7-8ffe-8fff61521ad6
  7. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  8. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  9. Can't configure series 2 controller on companion app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't configure series 2 controller on companion app: Everytime I try to configure it the app tells me to download the Xbox app which I have then it says to get identity provider which if I click the get button there no way to download it on the...
  10. I can't configure my Transcend HDD on my Xbox 360 and it shows an error. What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't configure my Transcend HDD on my Xbox 360 and it shows an error. What should I do?: I got an Xbox 360 from my friend earlier, and I want to connect my external HDD to that. The format of my HDD is FAT32, and it says it can make it suitable for my Xbox 360 and that I should...