I can't choose a storage device to download any game on the Xbox App PC

Discus and support I can't choose a storage device to download any game on the Xbox App PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I go to install any game from the Xbox app on PC, it will not show my storage devices. Even on my settings on the Xbox app, my storage device is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HollieGirl, Dec 20, 2022.

1. HollieGirl
    HollieGirl Guest

When I go to install any game from the Xbox app on PC, it will not show my storage devices. Even on my settings on the Xbox app, my storage device is not there. I have tried many things complex to fix it AND many things simple (such as uninstalling and reinstalling) but nothing is working. Please help!!

:)

HollieGirl, Dec 20, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello HollieGirl, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  3. Listed mia 510 Win User

game does not download

please try these steps. start by deleting serious sam from your hard drive and any content you have from it

to do this,

go to settings, system, storage, "choose your device" choose games and apps then delete once you find.

now you must clear systems cache

to do this

go to settings, system, storage, "choose your device" but do not select it you once highlighted press "Y" choose clear system cache.

now to re download, to do this

go to settings, account, download history, scroll through and choose serious sam too download again. make sure you stay on the downloading screen or on your dashboard or the game will not download properly.

best of luck -Listed
  4. maxen Win User

puchasing new games for xbox360

Just to add to my earlier answer:

If you do not see the download in progress, look for it in your storage devices. Go to Settings/System/Storage/All Devices/Games&Apps/Minecraft and see if it is there.

If not, go back to Settings and instead go to Account then Download History, choose Minecraft and press A to download again. It will then be placed in the Queue, which you can find using steps I mentioned earlier.

If it is in your storage device, from the Dashboard go to Games/My Games and look for it there. Then just press A to launch it.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

No Sound in YouTube Videos

I suggest you to delete the you tube app, clear the console cache and download the you tube app again:

Here’s how:

From the Xbox Dashboard, go to Settings, and then select System.

Select Storage.

Select your primary storage device.

Select Games and Apps.

Find and select any items that refer to the app.

Select Delete.

To clear the system cache. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared
    for all storage devices.)

Return to the Xbox Dashboard.

Go to Apps, and then select Browse Apps.

Browse or search for the app.

Select the app to redownload it.

Hope this helps!
  6. MaximumExtreme Win User

Which External HDD you using?

I'm using a Seagate Backup Plus 2TB 3.0 usb external hdd and I haven't had any problem at all. Below is a copy and pasted article for info on external hdd and FAQ.

A 256GB or larger storage device with USB 3.0.

Note: Any brand/drive should work, as long as it's at least 256GB and USB 3.0.

Note: You can connect up to two storage devices at the same time

Note: If the storage device is connected via a USB hub, it needs to support USB 3.0.

Note: Both USB powered and AC adapter powered will work.

External Storage FAQ

Q: What can I install on my external storage device?

A: You can install games, downloadable content, and apps on your storage device.

Q: Can I store game saves on the external storage device?

A: No. Game saves are automatically stored in the cloud and synced to the Xbox One console.

Q: Can I use the external storage device for music and video playback?

A: No. For the initial release of the external storage feature, media files, including music and videos, are not supported. We are considering this for a future release.

Q: Can I copy or move a game from my internal hard drive to my external storage device?

A: Yes. Check out the content management features by going the Manage page for the game or app.

Q: Can I use my external storage device with my PC as well as my Xbox One?

A: No. The external storage device will be formatted for use by the Xbox One console only. PCs won’t recognize the drive partition created by the Xbox One.

Q: Can I re-format my storage device from my Xbox One console?

A: If you'd like to remove all content from your storage device and start over, you can re-format your storage device on the Xbox One. To do this, go to Settings>System>Manage Storage, choose the external drive you want to format, and select Format. After
    this is done, the Xbox One will treat it as a brand new drive.

Note: Formatting causes the storage device to wipe all data.

Q: Do I need to bring my game disc while roaming with my storage device?

A: Yes. The external storage device does not change the licensing for games, so if the game was installed from a disc, the disc is required to play the game.
Thema:

1. I can't choose a storage device to download any game on the Xbox App PC - Similar Threads - can't choose storage

2. Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?: I have a new Microsoft Wireless USB for windows 10. It seems to light and flash when pressing the button. On the other hand, my Xbox controller can't connect to the USB instantly. I tried hard...
  3. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backward-compatible games I have tried soft resets, and hard resets on both console and router, clearing the Mac address, and changing to Manual DNS settings and I...
  4. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  5. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  6. I can't choose a custom gamer picture even though I'm on a 18+ acount

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't choose a custom gamer picture even though I'm on a 18+ acount: It says you are not old enough when I want to choose I custom gamer pic c8a3add6-16b1-4458-b185-42d388e29288
  7. Can't select.y time zone... Only thing that I have a option to choose is UTC?!? I'm in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't select.y time zone... Only thing that I have a option to choose is UTC?!? I'm in...: Can't select.y time zone... Only thing that I have a option to choose is UTC?!? I'm in Kentucky also I been having issues with my Xbox being hacked and am wondering if it has smthn to do with it....
  8. Can't choose class, only giving random default classes - Modern Warfare 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't choose class, only giving random default classes - Modern Warfare 3: Hi, Since the update on the 16th I have not been able to choose any class, it just gives random default classes. I’ve tried a load of different things including deleting and reinstalling the...
  9. Can't choose 4K/120HZ in the menu with Hisense U8H TV on Xbox X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't choose 4K/120HZ in the menu with Hisense U8H TV on Xbox X.: Hi everybody!, I can't choose 4K/120Hz in the TV & Display Option menu on 65U88H ( *Canadian version but same as the American one) TV from Hisense. I can only go to 1440P/ 120HZ with no issues....
  10. Can't go past the "Choose how you look on Xbox" window

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't go past the "Choose how you look on Xbox" window: Hi. I just purchased State of Decay 2 and it requires me to use my Microsoft account. I signed in and it asked me to make a gamertag of some sort. I typed a name that I like then click on the...