I cant Change the Language of a Game without changing the entire system language

Discus and support I cant Change the Language of a Game without changing the entire system language in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is probably one of the oldest and most important problems of the Xbox One outside the USA. There is no way to properly change the language of any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Francisco JavierSánchez, Jun 7, 2019.

1. I cant Change the Language of a Game without changing the entire system language

This is probably one of the oldest and most important problems of the Xbox One outside the USA. There is no way to properly change the language of any Video Games without changing the entire system language.

Imagine this, I’m from Mexico City and I play (like a huge majority of us) all my games on English. The problem is that some games don’t have the option to change the language properly from the configuration settings of the game itself.

If you really want to enjoy your game, the only workaround you have is to change the entire system language to English, doing that, all letters, titles, text and voice commands change to that language with the only option to change the keyboard language
    to the one you want.

This is a huge issue that for many of us that have existed for years now I have tried to make some echo to Microsoft with no success and it’s a problem that a big number of Xbox One owners (Probably millions of them) are experimenting outside the US.
    I hope Microsoft can Address this issue soon, it’s the year 2019, This Xbox One Generation its probably close to finishing and it’s not possible that we are still are having this problem.

:)

Francisco JavierSánchez, Jun 7, 2019
  2. Francisco JavierSán Win User

I cant Change the Language of a Game without changing the entire system language

Except his problem isnt with microsoft

Ingame language is upto the developer

Language indepedence is only a xbox one feature and is controled on the os but if you do use it everything is thqt language not the game

Game content is upto the developer

This is thr LAW ms cant control prices content etc etc
    That is not correct, when I change the default language to English all the games run with that language. There are some games that after the change they need an update or to download that language pack. But works fine, the voices or dialogues of that game
    change to that language, in this case English.

The thing is that the mayority of the games have all the supported languages in the files of the game when you install or download that game. If you system language is french your game will be french, text and voices. All dialogues. The problen here is that
    the xbox os will also be french.
  3. mocoworm Win User

If you play all your games in English, then what is the problem with your system OS being in English?
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Francisco,

If you set default language to English this is for what your console displays. Games are sold for specific languages. You could of purchased a game that is for a different language.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Smwutches Win User

That would be more something that is up to the developers/publishers as it would have to be built into the game itself.
  6. Francisco JavierSán Win User

The xbox 360 had the option to choose the lenguage of the content. If you had choose english games where display in English. Plus other consoles have the option.

The problem changing the language of the system is that the entire console is in that language, imagine this, all text, titles, tiles and voice commands change to that language, in this case English. In my case I use voice commands all of the time in Spanish.

We need that option.
Thema:

1. I cant Change the Language of a Game without changing the entire system language - Similar Threads - cant Change Language

2. Cant change pin settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant change pin settings?: Recently charged $700 that wasn't my purchase and in trying to prevent that I’m adding a pin when purchasing but Xbox says “You can use your pin, but we cant change its settings right now”….I have...
  3. My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...: I accidentaly shared my information and they completely changed my email, username, password and i cant get in. I have changed the password back but i dont know the email and i cant log in...
  4. cant get on xbox to security info change?

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant get on xbox to security info change?: it said it would not affect my ability to use xbox live :( so when i log in on xbox one i get a pop up saying "Did you request a security info change?" and yes i did due to the phone numberl no...
  5. I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings: i am the only member in my family group. I'm in a family group because my game told me Microsoft blocked me out of its own functions. the solution stated in Microsoft is to sign into family...
  6. Cant change account linked to Playstation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change account linked to Playstation: My Microsoft account that was linked with my Playstation one got hacked and i ended up just creating a new one but i cant login with the new account because i cant unlink my previous one....
  7. i have been hacked and they have changed my login and sercurity info so i cant log back in

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have been hacked and they have changed my login and sercurity info so i cant log back in: i have been hacked and they have changed my login and sercurity info so i cant log back in the email that was used was *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** but the...
  8. I cant change my skin on minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant change my skin on minecraft: When ever i change my skin on minecraft, it shows sorry something went wrong. I don't know what to do. I tried changing on the website but still cant. Please help me with this. Im running version...
  9. cant log in my microsoft account, it says it dose not exist , but i did a pasword change in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant log in my microsoft account, it says it dose not exist , but i did a pasword change in...: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/528754833620992000/1179920572986179604/image.png?ex=657b89aa&is=656914aa&hm=8206c96d68c9c8e952be2d5d852eaa484d726f57e1f53355322566fbcd299d9b& Microsoft 帐户团队...
  10. Cant change gamertag to one that I used before

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change gamertag to one that I used before: Ok, so in short I had 2 Microsoft accounts = 2 Xbox accounts. Then I decided to change one of the accounts gamertag to the others, I did this by changing the name of the one with the name I...