I cant change Privacy & online safety for one of my family accounts to allow purchases

Discus and support I cant change Privacy & online safety for one of my family accounts to allow purchases in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been trying for about a month, including 3 chat sessions with support, to change my sons gamer tag. Here are the steps I have taken and things... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Josh Powers, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Josh Powers
    Josh Powers Guest

I cant change Privacy & online safety for one of my family accounts to allow purchases

I have been trying for about a month, including 3 chat sessions with support, to change my sons gamer tag. Here are the steps I have taken and things I have tried. I am fairly sure his account is broken and needs someone at microsoft to fix it.

With his account set as a child account:

Purchasing the gamer tag name change, result is PUR3001

Changing Privacy and Online safety settings to allow purchases, press save, then check back and the setting is back to the original setting.

With his account as an adult account (including updating his birthday to be "adult age":

Purchasing the gamer tag name change, result is PUR3001

Going to Privacy and Online safety settings it spins for quite some time then eventually says "Sorry, Xbox 360 Online Safety settings is not available at the moment. Refresh the page to try again."

Change the account to not be a part of my family at all:

Going to xbox settings takes me to the support page

:)

Josh Powers, Nov 25, 2017
  2. How to change privacy settings in Xbox account

How do you change the privacy settings in my XBOX account for PC. I've bought Minecraft for my son and to allow him to user the multiplayer gaming it says you need to amend privacy settings, but whenever you try to do this it just brings up this information
    page?

Change your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings
    Only a parent using the Microsoft family service can change Xbox privacy and online safety settings for a child account. If you're having trouble changing your settings, make sure your Microsoft account is a parent account in a Microsoft family. See whether
    you're a child or an adult in a family by signing in at account.microsoft.com/family. To change your settings:

• Sign in to the Xbox settings page with your Microsoft account.
    • Choose the gamertag for your child’s account.
    • Choose which Privacy tab you’d like to see, and change the settings on the tab.
    • Select Save before leaving or switching to another tab. Then have your child sign in and sign out of their account to make the changes take effect.
    See Xbox One online safety and privacy settings for parents and children

Newminecraft157, Nov 25, 2017
  3. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest
    Kinderkonto und Microsoft-Store [Edit - Translation] - Child account and Microsoft Store

Hello Babawagen,

A child account can make purchases as long as the account has the correct permissions to do so. The adult account in the family would have to access your privacy settings to allow this. For instructions on how to do so, please refer to this article :

Xbox online safety and privacy settings for parents and children

Hope this helps!

XBF Chris J, Nov 25, 2017
  4. Josh Powers
    Josh Powers Guest

is it common to just be out and out ignored on this forum? I have had little to no luck with solving this problem, through chats and now this forum. Does anyone have any idea how to get help from xbox accounts/microsoft?

Josh Powers, Nov 29, 2017
  5. Firstly changing the date of birth on a child account is not going to change it to an adult account on its xbox profile.

if the child account is set so that it can not make purchases the easiest place to go to make that change is account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with the parent account and it should give you the option there to allow purchases by the child account.
    then when you are finished making the purchase if you don't want them to be able to make purchases again you would just go back to that same website and choose to not allow them to make purchases

steeledwand7664, Nov 29, 2017
  6. toient
    toient Guest
    "Changing Privacy and Online safety settings to allow purchases, press save, then check back and the setting is back to the original setting."

I have the same problem...

toient, Dec 2, 2017
  7. Josh Powers
    Josh Powers Guest
    Agreed @steelwand7664 i didnt think it would help but one of my chat sessions it came up so i tried anyway. I cant change his account preferences from my account because when I do it just ignores the change and goes back to what it was. I am making sure
    to press save btw.

Does anyone from microsoft actually help people here?

Josh Powers, Nov 1, 2018
  8. Lucas Lauer Win User

I can't play xbox multiplayer

Looks like it is just a matter of privacy settings.

To change your Xbox account privacy settings, sign in to the privacy & online safety page:

https://account.xbox.com/settings

Set all the settings to "Allow" or "Everyone" on the three tabs:

Privacy;

Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One & Windows 10 Online Security;

Xbox 360 Online Security;

Note: If you’re on a child account, you’ll need an adult in your family to sign in to their Microsoft account to change your privacy settings. This is done through the Family settings.

https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...

See how it goes and please let me know.
  9. XBF Leo G Win User

XBOX Game Pass Parental Controls

Hello UnknitBuzzard21,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to purchase Xbox Game Pass on your son's account due to account restrictions. Is your son playing on an Xbox One or Xbox 360? A child account may have it's ability to
    purchase items restricted by a parent account. You must have a parent account and

put the child account in a family. Once the child account has been added to the family, you can go to the

online privacy & online safety settings
    with the parent account and allow the child to complete a purchase. After the purchase is completed, you can log back in to the online privacy & online safety settings with the parent account and restrict any purchases
    again. We hope this helps!
  10. Omagar1 Win User

Minecraft not working with Microsoft Account

Hi

i have a similar issue but with the migration to Microsoft accounts, every thing works fine but i cant play multi player. aparently its linked to my privacy settings but i cant access them to change them

how do access my privacy settings?

this is as far as ive got but it loops me from here

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/family-online-safety/online-safety/manage-app-privacy-settings-xbox-one
  11. toient Win User

"Changing Privacy and Online safety settings to allow purchases, press save, then check back and the setting is back to the original setting."

I have the same problem...
  12. Josh Powers Win User

is it common to just be out and out ignored on this forum? I have had little to no luck with solving this problem, through chats and now this forum. Does anyone have any idea how to get help from xbox accounts/microsoft?
Thema:

1. I cant change Privacy & online safety for one of my family accounts to allow purchases - Similar Threads - cant change Privacy

2. My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account was hacked, everything was changed ans i cant log into my minecraft...: I accidentaly shared my information and they completely changed my email, username, password and i cant get in. I have changed the password back but i dont know the email and i cant log in...
  3. cant get on xbox to security info change?

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant get on xbox to security info change?: it said it would not affect my ability to use xbox live :( so when i log in on xbox one i get a pop up saying "Did you request a security info change?" and yes i did due to the phone numberl no...
  4. I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am the only memeber of my family group, and i cant change my own multiplayer settings: i am the only member in my family group. I'm in a family group because my game told me Microsoft blocked me out of its own functions. the solution stated in Microsoft is to sign into family...
  5. Cant change account linked to Playstation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change account linked to Playstation: My Microsoft account that was linked with my Playstation one got hacked and i ended up just creating a new one but i cant login with the new account because i cant unlink my previous one....
  6. i have been hacked and they have changed my login and sercurity info so i cant log back in

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have been hacked and they have changed my login and sercurity info so i cant log back in: i have been hacked and they have changed my login and sercurity info so i cant log back in the email that was used was *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** but the...
  7. I cant change my skin on minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant change my skin on minecraft: When ever i change my skin on minecraft, it shows sorry something went wrong. I don't know what to do. I tried changing on the website but still cant. Please help me with this. Im running version...
  8. cant log in my microsoft account, it says it dose not exist , but i did a pasword change in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant log in my microsoft account, it says it dose not exist , but i did a pasword change in...: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/528754833620992000/1179920572986179604/image.png?ex=657b89aa&is=656914aa&hm=8206c96d68c9c8e952be2d5d852eaa484d726f57e1f53355322566fbcd299d9b& Microsoft 帐户团队...
  9. Cant change gamertag to one that I used before

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change gamertag to one that I used before: Ok, so in short I had 2 Microsoft accounts = 2 Xbox accounts. Then I decided to change one of the accounts gamertag to the others, I did this by changing the name of the one with the name I...
  10. I cant change my privacy

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant change my privacy: When i going to Xbox settings on browser i can`t sign in. When I try to click on it an insription appears "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found." What I need to do?...