I can’t change my xbox account to an adult account

Discus and support I can’t change my xbox account to an adult account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My account is connected to another account that I made years ago. I can’t get access to that account and I need to get access to it to change the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nikki Liapis, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Nikki Liapis
    Nikki Liapis Guest

My account is connected to another account that I made years ago. I can’t get access to that account and I need to get access to it to change the status of my account to an adult account. I accidentally set the year of my account to 2005 when it was supposed to be 2004. Is there anyway I could change it without having access to the other account?

:)

Nikki Liapis, Jan 8, 2023
  2. Flame555 Win User

Minecraft Dungeons How to Fix Privilege Error Online Play Restricted

How to change the xbox setting if the my microsoft account show that I’m not an adult yet? I can’t change any setting on xbox settings. Also, I really want to play minecraft dungeons with my friend, but I can’t fix this problem, because I can’t change
    the setting on xbox.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Nikki, Unfortunately its not possible.

Even if you had access to the account, you would not be able to change a child account to an adult one.

In this case you have to wait for time to pass and it becomes an adult account or you would need access to it to add it to a family account so you could grant attributes to it.
  4. IKAM1K4Z3 Win User

Profile Picture

You can’t change an child account to an adult account. Even when the parent gives “permission” it will not let you. You will have to wait until the account is eligible to be an adult.
  5. vQstl Win User

I can’t have a custom profile picture, even though I already have an adult account

I have an adult account but i can’t have a customized profile picture. My friend has the same issue too. We have adult accounts but the xbox app says we dont have adult accounts.
  6. MastaYoGo Win User

Fortnite Cross-play with Child Accounts

Thank you for this reply, Brad. Really glad you are monitoring this thread.

I understand your point about other developers implementing age restrictions as they see fit, but my point is that I am stuck now. I can’t change my son’s account to an adult account and I can’t create a new adult account without losing all his achievements
    and in-game purchases like in Fortnite. Why can’t MS flip the switch at the backend and make him an adult?

Also error reporting is terrible when a child accounts gets blocked. When he tries to stream on Mixer on Xbox the error is “There has been an invalid HTTP request” (or something similar in English - we see the error in Dutch). This should be more clear.

Last thing: why is my son able to do Fortnite cross-play on Windows with the same Epic account and the same Microsoft account (as he uses for Xbox)? Makes no sense to me.

Thanks.
Thema:

1. I can’t change my xbox account to an adult account - Similar Threads - can’t change account

2. My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in

in XBoX on Windows
    My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in: Someone hacked my account changed the email so I can’t do the 2 factor authentication 149106d6-c982-4ec2-85d6-2189fbdc2218
  3. I changed my video settings around and I now can’t see my screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my video settings around and I now can’t see my screen: Please someone help I’ve changed my video settings and I accidentally restarted my console somehow so I can’t access my settings, remote play needs setting up so I can’t see my screen on my phone...
  4. Can’t change gamer pic even thought account was always an adult.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t change gamer pic even thought account was always an adult.: My account always an adult age, but I still cannot change my gamer pic on my Xbox profile. Is there anyway to fix this? ebb193d6-2f7f-4e47-a550-04b08a8199de
  5. Minecraft account compromised and email changes, I have proof it was mine but can’t get in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft account compromised and email changes, I have proof it was mine but can’t get in...: The title is pretty much it. I was in a discord server that got compromised and a bunch of people ended up with malware that keylogged their passwords. I was one of them. The hacker changed the...
  6. I can’t see my full library and I can’t change the color on my Xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t see my full library and I can’t change the color on my Xbox account: I can’t see my full library and change the color on my account. I’ve hard reset my Xbox twice and I’ve cleared cache on my console twice I genuinely don’t know what to do anymore....
  7. Why can’t I change my pfp on my Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I change my pfp on my Xbox account: So the picture I want to use isn’t anything against policy but any time I try is on the Xbox app it’s says try again in a bit something went wrong I tried it on the Xbox website but it dosnt give...
  8. My account has been hacked. I can’t get it back as my email has been changed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account has been hacked. I can’t get it back as my email has been changed.: Hello everyone. So recently my account was hacked. The password was changed and all information including my email was deleted and replaced with another. I have tried logging in multiple times...
  9. A hacker changed my email and password and I can’t log into my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    A hacker changed my email and password and I can’t log into my account?: I need help! I can’t find any help! A 17 year old hacker from Alabama stole my Microsoft account log in info and changed it to his email and password.I can’t log into to do anything! I can’t even...
  10. How can I recover my Xbox account now have change my phone number and can’t get into...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover my Xbox account now have change my phone number and can’t get into...: How can I recover my Xbox account i have changed my phone number and can’t get into recovery email ????? Account is now blocked after too many signing attempts 09ab0682-bac3-418f-af6b-ad53b1d20a0f