I can't change my primary email address

Discus and support I can't change my primary email address in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been trying for years now to change my primary email address from the default one given by the old Xbox Live Family service, and Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MiniFigure47, Jan 18, 2023.

1. MiniFigure47
    MiniFigure47 Guest

I have been trying for years now to change my primary email address from the default one given by the old Xbox Live Family service, and Microsoft Support so far has been no help. Does anyone know how I can get in contact with an actual person at Microsoft so I can explain the problem to someone who can do something about it?

:)

MiniFigure47, Jan 18, 2023
  2. WPAK Win User

Merge two accounts?

Hi there,

you can't merge accounts itself or fully move the Xbox Live Account to a different Microsoft Account, but something that could work for you is changing the primary email address for the Microsoft Account.

My assumption what steps might be required are:

- Change the primary email on the New Unused Xbox Account account to something else (you might need a new MS account/email for that) so that the Wanted email address is no longer attached to a Microsoft Account.

- Change the primary email on the Old Xbox account to the new wanted email address, so that that Wanted email address can be used to sign in to the Xbox main account.

See this link for the full information on how to change the primary email address on a Microsoft Account

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Let us know the results
  3. linchona Win User

Are we no longer able to change our Account's Email online?

I'm having the same problem. Want to change only my primary email (the one that i use to sign in)

but in account.live.com after clicking on "Update email address" I'm getting this message:

"The email address associated with your Microsoft account can't be changed"

And this is a mail I don't want to use
  4. JArmisteadS Win User

Changing my primary email address

Good luck getting anyone to call you back. I have been battling with this issue for the last 10 days, and after 4 attempts at callbacks, still no-one has actually kept the appointment. They just seem to disappear and then I have to start all over calling
    Microsoft's 1-800 support number.

See some of my discussion in the comments on forum post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/primary-alias-will-not-change/a36b1931-326d-49f3-b611-75d4f0bcb9e9

Good luck !
  5. Albert X Win User

Changing my primary email address

6. OrthodoxFoil Win User

Changed email associated with account, but my console is still using the old one

As an update, I re-added the old email and was able to sign in using my new password, but now I can't re-change my alias to the new email address. Will my Xbox Live account ever recognize a change in the primary email associated with the account?
Thema:

1. I can't change my primary email address - Similar Threads - can't change primary

2. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  6. I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.: I changed my age which was orginally over 18, and changed it under, and now I can't access some features I use to be able to access, like custom profile pictures. I thought nothing bad would...
  7. I can't change my minecraft username.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't change my minecraft username.: I enter the launcher, then press "Manage Minecraft: Java Edition profile". ´When I enter the site, I'm logged into the account connected to the email my minecraft account is connected to. For some...
  8. Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...: I have acer aspire 3 laptop 5b31e84c-0fe8-43c3-9772-b5fb3577c8ed
  9. I can't change my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my gamertag: I tried to change my gamertag but when I get in a game It is the same name I had before 212f779c-1e4d-4faf-9c99-230f501ebb1b
  10. Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live: For some context I couldn't sign into my xbox account since 2021 on my xbox 360 and I thought changing my region from south africa to united states could allow me to sign in again and it worked...