I can't change my downloads to my D: drive

Discus and support I can't change my downloads to my D: drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't change my downloads to my D: drive from the C: drive as it tells me it needs to be NTFS; I check and my D: drive is NTFS. I need to use my D:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DarcyCook, Mar 3, 2023.

1. DarcyCook
    DarcyCook Guest

I can't change my downloads to my D: drive from the C: drive as it tells me it needs to be NTFS; I check and my D: drive is NTFS. I need to use my D: drive to download games otherwise I can't download anything. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

:)

DarcyCook, Mar 3, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi DarcyCook!

Let's try the steps below:

1. Go to "my computer" > Select the disk you want to save files from now on.
    2. There will be a folder called "Windows apps" > Right click and select properties > security > advanced.
    3. Another tab will appear, click continue (for this, your account must have admin privileges).
    4. Where is owner click "change" > then "Advanced" > Then "find now" > Then choose "Authenticated Users" > Click OK, then OK again and click apply.
    5. After this rename the WindowsApps folder to WindowsApps.old
    6. Create a new folder called WindowsApps.
    NOTE: It is important that you rename the folder according to step 5 and create another one according to step 6, otherwise it won't work.
    7. Restart the PC.
    8. Then try changing the save location for new apps and games in the settings again.
    9. If it still doesn't work for you, delete the WpSystem folder on your D drive: it should allow you to change download locations without an error.

The steps is from the thread below. You may try the other suggested steps there. Let me know if that works or not.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. Brian Groth Win User

Windows 8 / Xbox Video streaming / download issue

The fix was simple: I had changed my Music and Video folder to a large, but removable, external hard drive (D:). I had forgotten to plug it in when trying to download movies and music. So the apps couldn't download to the D: drive since it wasn't there.

After plugging the D: drive in, I was able to download again.
  4. Jessica Hammond Win User

Reinstalling No Mans Sky giving error 0x87e00196 when reaching 0% downloaded.

I have run the commands and it is no longer flickering on startup, but I noticed the commands were only running on my C: drive while I have a D: drive as well. I also still can't download No Man's Sky, but that might be because it is trying to go to a still corrupted D: drive? Is there a command I should run to fix the D: drive or should it not have been an issue?
  5. NoahBeattie Win User

Unable to Install Age of Empire IV on my D drive.

Yes I could download it on my (c:) drive but there is not enough space on my computer (the (c:) drive) to download the game that is why I was trying to download it on a (d:) drive.
  6. RainbowStone75 Win User

My C drive is full, can't select my D drive as a download.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this

Please double check if the 2TB drive that you want to use is already formatted as NTFS
    For this open file explorer > my computer > right click on the drive > properties > next to file system
    It already is formatted to NTFS.
Thema:

1. I can't change my downloads to my D: drive - Similar Threads - can't change downloads

2. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  6. I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.: I changed my age which was orginally over 18, and changed it under, and now I can't access some features I use to be able to access, like custom profile pictures. I thought nothing bad would...
  7. I can't change my minecraft username.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't change my minecraft username.: I enter the launcher, then press "Manage Minecraft: Java Edition profile". ´When I enter the site, I'm logged into the account connected to the email my minecraft account is connected to. For some...
  8. Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...: I have acer aspire 3 laptop 5b31e84c-0fe8-43c3-9772-b5fb3577c8ed
  9. I can't change my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my gamertag: I tried to change my gamertag but when I get in a game It is the same name I had before 212f779c-1e4d-4faf-9c99-230f501ebb1b
  10. Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skate 3 can't download after 80% and had to change region in order to sign into xbox live: For some context I couldn't sign into my xbox account since 2021 on my xbox 360 and I thought changing my region from south africa to united states could allow me to sign in again and it worked...