I can't change back to my previous Microsoft Account name on Minecraft

Discus and support I can't change back to my previous Microsoft Account name on Minecraft in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I don't think this is the right place to ask this, but Mojang Support told me to contact Microsoft as I recently migrated my Minecraft account to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sam24313, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Sam24313
    Sam24313 Guest

I don't think this is the right place to ask this, but Mojang Support told me to contact Microsoft as I recently migrated my Minecraft account to Microsoft. But I have no idea how to contact them so here I am. Basically, it's been over the 30 days that Minecraft requires for you to change your name back to your previous user. After those 30 days, you have 7 days to reclaim that name until it goes public to everyone. In my case, there's a bug or something wrong that won't let me change my name back, even though it's during those 7 days.

P.S. Is there any way I could get in contact with Microsoft via email? I've looked forever and couldn't find anything relating to my issue.

:)

Sam24313, Nov 4, 2021
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Hey Sam24313,

Checking back in. Were you able to resolve your issue?
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Let's hope it comes Sam! Is there anything else I can do for you?
  4. Sam24313 Win User

No, none at all, unfortunately, it simply says it's unavailable
  5. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Hey Sam24313,

I'm sorry you're having issues with your name on Minecraft. Microsoft cannot help with Mojang Username changes, but can assist with Xbox Gamertag changes and if that is what Mojang meant, the link to change it is here: How to change your Xbox gamertag | Xbox Support

According to the Minecraft help website that J​amie posted, Minecraft Support cannot help users change their names , the system is set up so that users can change their usernames. You can change your username every 30 days if you want. Minecraft Support also cannot assist with a username that is unavailable nor a username with less than three characters

Worst case, you can try to change it via your Mojang account on the 38th day and see if that works. if it is a bug, then Mojang are the only ones who can fix it. I know they sent you here, but I would submit a ticket.

Doublecheck your have changed your name back, but it doesn't show as the gamertag, here's a help article explaining the difference. The Differences Between Gamertag vs Username – Home (minecraft.net)
  6. Sam24313 Win User

Oh, I apologize I only saw the second link, in the first link it says, "When you change your username, your previous name is saved for 37 days. This gives you an additional week to change back if you change your mind before your previous username becomes available to anyone else." The issue is that it's not allowing me to change back during this additional week.
Thema:

1. I can't change back to my previous Microsoft Account name on Minecraft - Similar Threads - can't change previous

2. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  6. I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.: I changed my age which was orginally over 18, and changed it under, and now I can't access some features I use to be able to access, like custom profile pictures. I thought nothing bad would...
  7. I can't change my minecraft username.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't change my minecraft username.: I enter the launcher, then press "Manage Minecraft: Java Edition profile". ´When I enter the site, I'm logged into the account connected to the email my minecraft account is connected to. For some...
  8. Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...: I have acer aspire 3 laptop 5b31e84c-0fe8-43c3-9772-b5fb3577c8ed
  9. I can't change my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my gamertag: I tried to change my gamertag but when I get in a game It is the same name I had before 212f779c-1e4d-4faf-9c99-230f501ebb1b
  10. i can't change accounts it just defaults back to the previous account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    i can't change accounts it just defaults back to the previous account.: it just defaults back to the previous account I say not me, and it signs into the account anyways. I cleared the data for the app multiple times, I removed my device from the account no matter...