I can't buy or download free Xbox 360 games on Xbox One

Discus and support I can't buy or download free Xbox 360 games on Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever I try buying a Xbox 360 game or downloading a free Xbox 360 game with Gold on my Xbox One, it keeps telling me that it can't proceed because I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Silua Ashex, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Silua Ashex
    Silua Ashex Guest

Whenever I try buying a Xbox 360 game or downloading a free Xbox 360 game with Gold on my Xbox One, it keeps telling me that it can't proceed because I don't have a valid payment option, which is not true, I have. Whether I try directly on my Xbox One console
    or on the Microsoft Store website, the same problem happens. I tried everything, I erased my payment option and entered it back, I added one, nothing works.

:)

Silua Ashex, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Dead Space 2 360 on demand

No sorry, the disc version's are not linked, you can't claim a free digital only download of a game because you own the game on disc on the 360. If you intend to play these games on an Xbox One, you won't need to buy them again, just insert them in the
    drive and the game will be downloaded to Xbox One console. You will only need the disc to verify ownership. This applies to all Xbox 360 BC games on Xbox One.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Xbox One Game Pass Ultimate Backwards Compatibility

No as xgu is only a xbox one or higher feature

You can buy it discounted on xgu and use it on the 360 but you can't use the free version

Because you can't download the patched version
  4. Hassantal Win User

can't get the free with gold titles !!!

I have the same issue too.

I spent 2 hours on the Microsoft support chat, and nothing they tried with my region account worked, there was no problem with it. It is just the payment platform that doesn't work ...

They ended up saying to me that I need an Xbox 360 to "buy" the free games and after that I would be able to download it on the Xbox ONE.

This is really a problem because since they announced the backward compatibility, I sold my Xbox 360 to buy an Xbox ONE, and now I can't add the Xbox 360 games to my account ...

If someone has a solution ... Because microsoft can't solves this problem for us ...
  5. DAZZA 433 Win User

Games for gold i can get xbox one game easy but 360 ask me for Credit card why?

Yes unfortunately this is a constant annoyance needing a payment method on your account to buy or even download a free xbox 360 game on your xbox one.

This is why i still have a 360 sat here to download the free games then when you load up your xbox one the games are in the ready to install folder without needing to add a payment method.
  6. ClaviMicky Win User

Thanks for coming to the forums. I recommend updating your 360 profile. When you are adding the payment instrument it is on the Xbox one so it isn't updating the 360 profile. To do this follow these steps:

1. Launch a 360 game on Xbox one.

2. Hit the menu and back button together to pull up the 360 emulator.

3. go to download profile even if your profile shows.

4. enter the credentials for your account.

This updates the 360 profile, personally had the same issue as you couldn't launch any BC game. Soon as I did this I was able to play. Try this and let us know.
Thema:

1. I can't buy or download free Xbox 360 games on Xbox One - Similar Threads - can't buy download

2. I can't download minecraft without it wanting me to buy it again. I already bought it onto...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download minecraft without it wanting me to buy it again. I already bought it onto...: I just bought myself a new computer and I want to get Minecraft onto it again. I already bought it once on my Xbox and I want to download the game again onto my PC. I won't let me and it wants me...
  3. Can buy, but can't download Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 on the Microsoft Store website.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can buy, but can't download Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 on the Microsoft Store website.: I had PVZ GW2 Deluxe edition on my Xbox One. I wanted to try to transfer the game to my gaming PC (all the data and stuff) without paying for it again. I tried downloading it on the Microsoft...
  4. Can't buy or download Elder Scrolls Oblivion on Xbox store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy or download Elder Scrolls Oblivion on Xbox store: I have an Xbox series S and I am not able to buy The Elder Scrolls Oblivion on the Xbox store. The game does not even show up when I do a search for it. I can only find it by doing a search for...
  5. Can't download Control from Gamepass, only buy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download Control from Gamepass, only buy: I noticed that gamepass is only letting me buy Control from the store and not giving the option to download it. The same problem is happening with the other titles that launched today on December...
  6. I can't buy and download a game for free with Games With Gold (Shantae and the Pirate's Curse)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't buy and download a game for free with Games With Gold (Shantae and the Pirate's Curse): So today is probably the last day that "Shantae and the Pirate's Curse" is free with Games With Gold, and it won't let me buy to own for free. Is it because I already downloaded it with my Xbox...
  7. Can't buy or download Daytona USA on my Xbox one. How can I get it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy or download Daytona USA on my Xbox one. How can I get it?: I'm in the UK and can't buy or download Daytona USA on my Xbox one. How can I get it? 3f8a06e5-aa72-4b1f-aa79-02d07f8b0c97
  8. I can't buy or download free Xbox 360 games on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't buy or download free Xbox 360 games on Xbox One: Whenever I try buying a Xbox 360 game or downloading a free Xbox 360 game with Gold on my Xbox One, it keeps telling me that it can't proceed because I don't have a valid payment option, which is...
  9. Can't buy/download backwards compatible games on Xbox One or PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't buy/download backwards compatible games on Xbox One or PC: Is anyone else having this issue? If I try to get the free Splinter Cell game with Gold, or try to buy any backwards compatible game, I get an error once I hit "see price" saying something like...
  10. Can't buy or download 360 games from Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't buy or download 360 games from Xbox one: Why can I not buy or download 360 games from the Xbox one store on my account? I can't even download the free 360 games on my Xbox one. Now I have to get the physical disc in order for it to...