I can’t approve a family member under the age of 18 for the Xbox Insider Program.

Discus and support I can’t approve a family member under the age of 18 for the Xbox Insider Program. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My 17-year-old younger brother downloaded the Xbox Insider Hub on our Xbox One so he could join the Xbox Insider program. When he opens the app, he... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ZakLantz, Apr 9, 2020.

1. ZakLantz
    ZakLantz Guest

I can’t approve a family member under the age of 18 for the Xbox Insider Program.

My 17-year-old younger brother downloaded the Xbox Insider Hub on our Xbox One so he could join the Xbox Insider program. When he opens the app, he gets an error message saying he’s too young, and that in order for him to use the app and join the program
    an adult has to approve him and accept the program’s agreements on his behalf. The problem is this error message doesn’t give an adult the option to give him approval, and I don’t otherwise know where I’d have to go to accomplish this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated; I know someone’s probably going to come back and make me eat my words with this one, but a quick google search yields nothing helpful.

:)

ZakLantz, Apr 9, 2020
  2. bowski477 Win User

3. Miss Bijoux Win User

Premium Content is blocked for this user

Hey there Blitz!

It sounds like you're running into an issue trying to obtain account that is restricted to accounts over the age of 18. I see you mention that you set your email to be above the age of 18 but the marketplace looks at the date of birth that is set on the
    Xbox Live account at creation. If that DOB is under the age of 18, you will be unable to make the purchase using your account. The only way for that date of birth to change to one over the age of 18 is for it to "age out" naturally. Meaning, no one can go
    in and change the date of birth on your Xbox Live account.

Apologies for any frustrations this may cause.

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.
  4. Miss Bijoux Win User

I can't fix this help

Hey there Idanstaa!

From what you've posted, it sounds like the date of birth on your Xbox Live account is under the age of 18. Unfortunately, there is no way to change that date and the only way to promote and account to over the age of 18 is to reach the 18th birthday automatically.
    If you have access to an Xbox 360 console, your parent account can try to make the purchase however this is not a guarantee that it will work.

Thanks for understanding.

Xbox Forums Staff

if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.
  5. CinderGhost Win User

Minecraft xbox insider hub problem

You have to be 18 or older to use xbox insider- if the age registered on the account is under 18, it isn't allowed access.
  6. Miss Bijoux Win User

Problem downloading COD: black Ops II

Hey there treebam!

That error message is one we generally see when an account under the age of 18 attempts to purchase content that is age restricted. This can be due to the game rating or publisher request. If you are under the age of 18 and are unable to make the purchase,
    the only way to access or play the game is to have your parent account purchase the game on your Xbox One and use the home console sharing. Or, you can have your parent account give you permission to purchase the content on the Xbox 360 content as outlined
    in the
    360 marketplace purchasing
    guide.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Xbox Forums Staff

troubleshooting.
Thema:

1. I can’t approve a family member under the age of 18 for the Xbox Insider Program. - Similar Threads - can’t approve family

2. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  3. How to fix can’t connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can’t connect to xbox live: Hello I cant play black ops 2 because it says can’t connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot your connection but I have connection on my xbox series s please help...
  4. Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere: I have been trying to update Fortnite on my Xbox one for probably a month now all with no luck. Every single other game I have has had no issue at all updating. I do have an external storage I use...
  5. I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.: Hello, I can't open anything on my xbox if I click a it notices it but it does nothing, I’ve tried to press down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, reconnected power source waited 10...
  6. Can’t receive my emails

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t receive my emails: hello the reason why I’m sending a message is that A while back I tried to login to my Microsoft account but It told me that I was supposed to verify it was me by sending a security code but I...
  7. I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t get my Xbox controller to connect no matter what: So I’ve got the original black Xbox 1 and the pairing button on the side hasn’t worked idk why just one day it stopped but my controllers would still connect so whatever then my controllers just...
  8. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  9. Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t kids get banned for not following community guidelines: My mate got into an argument with a kid, I intervened to get the kid to stop, the kid decided to call my mate a “bum buddy” i responded in a less appropriate manor which I admit wasn’t right, the...
  10. Can’t claim my items included with my series S

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t claim my items included with my series S: Trying to redeem my items included with my new console But when i try to redeem it in Account>included with this xbox console It says “ Available - Included with this device” I try to claim...